[BtS] Amra's Modpack v3 for Beyond the Sword

Great Work as usual Amra. I would like to add my voice to those who would like to see you incorporate Revolutions in a future version. It brings a really nice variation to the game play.

Well, maybe someone around would make an Amravolution for BTS. I know that if I have time I will, but it is not likely.

@Amra

I suggest that you play a game with revolution. It has matured a lot. You may change your mind then. Just think of how much it would be interesting with the number of civs you have in the mod. It would be too good to be legal.

I've checked for compatibility and I just may do a scenario or two (Amra Editions, as it were), if that's okay with you.:mischief:

Well, maybe someone around would make an Amravolution for BTS. I know that if I have time I will, but it is not likely.

@Amra

I suggest that you play a game with revolution. It has matured a lot. You may change your mind then. Just think of how much it would be interesting with the number of civs you have in the mod. It would be too good to be legal.
Okay, an Amravolution BtS is in the works. Don't ask for a timeline on it yet though. Just stay tuned. ;)

However, I will say that if anyone else wants to do something with my Basic modpack & Revolutions it is okay with me and may actually get done quicker. Just let me know so I don't duplicate the work.

JEELEN said:
I've checked for compatibility and I just may do a scenario or two (Amra Editions, as it were), if that's okay with you.:mischief:
Of course, let me know when you've done them and I'll post a link to them on the first page.

@everyone else
Well, it's been a few days since I posted the Basic version. Have any other problems/bugs shown up? Other than the embarrasing audio problem, that is. :rolleyes:

Just wondering: the included DLL is just the Bhruic patch and nothing more? Or is it a new custom dll?

Just wondering: the included DLL is just the Bhruic patch and nothing more? Or is it a new custom dll?
Just Bhruic's Unofficial Patch DLL in the Basic version, nothing else.

When I complete the Full version it will have a custom dll.

Amravolution with DCM (Please, Please, Please, Please) :beg:

@Amra

These are good news indeed! I will be waiting eagerly along with many others I presume. No pressure as for timeline, we know you've got a life to live and other projects to work on.

@Jeelen

I can't wait to try your scenarios with Amra's mod. Civ Gold versions are quite nice :goodjob:

Amra, as always, your work on Mods, Leaderheads, ect. is greatly appreciated, you add much to the community. I was wondering since you are going to add a custom DLL for your full version, if you might add one of the mods that increase the total number of civs, like Lt. Bob's for instance, because I tend to add it myself to mod's that don't have custom DLL's, but obviously I wouldn't be able to do that with yours if you have your own added. I know there's gonna be lot's more civs added, and it would be fun, at least in my opinion to have more of them in play at a time. I know sometimes when someone asks a modded to add the ability to play more civs at a time, there will be some that say, but my 'puter can't handle some many more..ect...but that's easy enough...they just have to use willpower and only choose 18...lol. I have a fairly high end rig, and can play lot's of civs on fairly big maps, so I was hoping it might be early enough in your work on the full version to consider a request like this. Again, that's for all the time and effort you pit towards the community, it is greatly appreciated.

The reason I asked, because I wanted to test using a custom debug DLL. I have run a test and it looks this mod is in pretty good shape structurally. The only bug I found in the XML was a reference to ARTSTYLE_WEST_EUROPEAN (which is used for CIVILIZATION_CANADA), but this artstyle is not defined correctly. It's missing in Globaltypes.xml

I see this is a bug in Geomodder's Ethnic Artstyles. I'll let him know as well... Bug report Ethnic Artstyles

The reason I asked, because I wanted to test using a custom debug DLL. I have run a test and it looks this mod is in pretty good shape structurally. The only bug I found in the XML was a reference to ARTSTYLE_WEST_EUROPEAN (which is used for CIVILIZATION_CANADA), but this artstyle is not defined correctly. It's missing in Globaltypes.xml

I see this is a bug in Geomodder's Ethnic Artstyles. I'll let him know as well... Bug report Ethnic Artstyles
Thanks for catching that Fierabras. I'm not sure what happened there as I don't even show that as a choice of City ArtStyles in my list.

Upon reviewing the CIV4PlotLSystem.xml file it is defined in there but then not in the CIV4CityLSystem.xml file so I'm not sure if it would work even if it was defined in the GlobalTypes.xml file. :crazyeye:

I'm preparing a small patch and I will include a change of Canada's ArtStyle to just plain ol' European. Oh, and I also saw your other post in Geomodder's thread about the "MESO" typo. I've already fixed that in the upcoming patch.

@brun58
When I did my Warlords modpack, I had an alternate dll included that allowed players who wanted it to play with more than the standard 18 civs. I think it was 24 civs (total number of Warlords original civs) but I will probably up that to 34 this time around for BtS since that seems to be a popular number for the other dll's you are talking about.

I've been testing the mod in a 2 players game for a few hours yesterday and everything looks fine. We had no trouble at all. I'll play some 3 players games next weekend and I'll tell you more at that time..

I hope that your final version won't be too heavy for multiplayer games. I ususally have some troubles starting mid-game using mod like HiTM (which is great too). I guess there is just too much stuffs in it.

Please, please, PLEASE upload the next version (or even the current version) to a site other than AtomicGamer, like FileFront. AtomicGamer's wait times are atrocious!
Oh, and I would suggest you change the name of the Civ Transylvania to Walachia, since during that time Transylvania was merely a region within Walachia, and Vlad himself was a Prince of Walachia.

Good work JEELEN. :goodjob:

I've created a Scenarios & Add-ons link in the first post. I appreciate your hard work.

Good work JEELEN. :goodjob:

I've created a Scenarios & Add-ons link in the first post. I appreciate your hard work.

As do I your posting! (I'll see about doing some more after I've redone screenshots - which turned out like black screens). BTW, when including Scythia I noticed "Tanais" mentioned twice in the City List(also: "Olbia" and "Oblia" - don't know it that's intentional, but I liked Karagodeuask and Tsymbalka, which were Scythian sites as well). Just a minor comment.;)

@Kalimakhus::) Hope you enjoy it - and post comment (if any)!

@Jeelen

I started a game as Zhou and it is quite exciting.

Some minor notes (none affects game play):

- Psusennes uses the LH of Hatti!! (I guess he should use Ramses' one).
- D'mt has Ethiopia and Ethiopian as short desc. and adjective tags. Also as per your notes in the download page it is supposed to be a minor nation but it is not set as so. It seems however that it starts in state of war with everybody.
- As Zhou I start with contact with D'mt (Ethiopia) and in war with it - I am also in war with Polynesia though I have no contact with them. (I knew only because I got the event of the meditator offering to negotiate peace with them).

I am also in war with Polynesia though I have no contact with them. (I knew only because I got the event of the meditator offering to negotiate peace with them).
Quick question, but did you actually have any options when that event popped up? Were you actually able to negotiate peace? If not, the problem could actually be with tabs in the python script. I should know, I tackled with this problem for days. :lol:

Top Bottom