Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

this updated mod is perhaps,the best edition of civ iv.it combines all previously and modern features of all versions of civ,but...

...game crashes very frequently...it is so frequent,that game is almost unplayable...
i have to go to church and pray to God in order to play it...

1 per 2 times i will play it crashes...

I dont know if these components are not meeting the minimum requirements...
i dont know where and what to search for avoiding this...
ATI RADEON 5700 1GB
QUAD CORE INTEL 3.00GHz

PS:In this mod there is still industrial improvement?(growing industry,i love it but)

[*]How do I get A New Dawn to work on a Mac?
  • Step 1: Throw your Mac out the nearest window
  • Step 2: Buy a PC

Whenever I cut herbs off my kitchen window herbs pot I'm afraid to drop the knife and kill somebody who's walking by. Imagine my Mac went through the kitchen window, not as pointed but heavy, a deadly weapon, I live on the fourth floor:)!

But there are other joys than playing A New Dawn: reading through the feature list. Some very interesting. Very! Maybe you could specify a bit more what came from where. So some Mac modder (existing!) has a chance to take some of the great things to the forgotten and deprived.

Whenever I cut herbs off my kitchen window herbs pot I'm afraid to drop the knife and kill somebody who's walking by. Imagine my Mac went through the kitchen window, not as pointed but heavy, a deadly weapon, I live on the fourth floor:)!

But there are other joys than playing A New Dawn: reading through the feature list. Some very interesting. Very! Maybe you could specify a bit more what came from where. So some Mac modder (existing!) has a chance to take some of the great things to the forgotten and deprived.

He was funny, yeah. But serious about Mac being no-no for this mod. why? Because it uses a custom dll. Mac version of Civ4: BtS just doesn't have it in its capacity to play mods with custom dll.

I'm having trouble patching this mod.

The basic version seems to work ok but every time I try and patch it I get an installation failed message about 2/3rds-3/4rs of the way through.

I have tried redownloading patch H several times and patching over a clean install each time and the same message comes up.
I have tried patch G over a clean install and get the same error message.

I only have one hard drive and am definitely patching to the correct folder.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

After updating to 2.92 and adding The New Dawn with 1.74/1.74h patch; I have to reset my resolution every time I load the game. Anyone have any ideas, I have the latest drivers.

Long story short - launch the game from a shortcut, or mod the INI to load it automatically, which should solve your issues.

I'm having trouble patching this mod.

The basic version seems to work ok but every time I try and patch it I get an installation failed message about 2/3rds-3/4rs of the way through.

I have tried redownloading patch H several times and patching over a clean install each time and the same message comes up.
I have tried patch G over a clean install and get the same error message.

I only have one hard drive and am definitely patching to the correct folder.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

I'm having the same problem, unsure as to the cause :(

Hi there, i do like this mod very much however it seems overwhelming and unbalanced.
I would suggest first that you make a change log of the versions and/or patches.

The game is a bit unbalanced, first of all, my espionage rates are on about on the tenths of thousands, i suspect that is on purpose to see how the AI develops, if so excuse me.
On a small map with only 4 nations, my nation spread almost half on the continent and even with 3 different religions there is no sign of rebellion also really low maintenance cost, huge technological advantage, so i guess its also a bit unbalanced over this aspect.

I'm also coming here looking for counseling on how to produce my own mod. My objective is, by taking some overhaul base, like ROM, and balance it.
I guess overall, my objective is to add challenging features to the game( like revolutions) meanwhile keeping it simple to manage cities and armies without the chaotic deck of options that seems to already have.

Let me put down straight my propositions:
- Most buildings instead of producing percentage of production or coins, produce production and commerce directly, along with those who increase only the percentage (like banks for example), the point here is to have the same value to gold, research, culture, espionage, and even production, enabling the players to have more control when choosing the rates for the commerce to go.

-Having a more proportional line of buildings and buildings upgrades, increasing the maintenance of big cities, in the way that it makes more sense to have few great cities while keeping others smaller, also increase the singularity of cities with the resources in vicinity feature and taking more advantage to it.

-This is a bit more challenging to do and a bit harder to explain. Cities may have a percentage of the culture it produces to other nation depending on some factors, such as distance, geological differences and of course others continents or original civilization. The idea here is to have more cultural diversity and increase the chances of revolutions and nations spawning within nations. Also other idea that goes along with this is the domination feature the players choose when conquering a city, this feature would reduce maintenance while allowing the culture of the original nation to retain more points. This would also make sense with the city keeping nationality mod, the one that allows unique units from the previous empire to be build, also keeping ethnically designs.

-The last feature that i think would really fit the game, is the possibility adjust tax directly, controlling the amount of commerce that goes for the government to use it, big taxes being cause for citizens unhappiness and revolutions, while fewer taxes increasing the prosperity and growth of cities also making it more probable for corporations to spread there.

-Random foundation of religion, just like the corporations, religions would be founded depending on the probability the city has, and each religion would have different parameters.

-Overall, there is a saying: The best way to do things is the simplest way. Instead of having 500 production and 2000 to build a unit it could be 1 and 4 respectively, understand?
So while making it more pleasing to play each turn having less choices from chaotic buildings, it would be challenging from the features it has to consider while choosing civics and which buildings to focus on.

Maybe you don't agree or like my propositions, but independent of your feelings toward it, please do, share your opinions and give me a clue on where to start, i recently saw that modding civ4 is a lot harder than i though. Thanks!

By the way: I'm use wine to play civ4 on Linux, and never once it crashed on me, i'm however willing to reinstall windows to properly make my mod.

come my game always crashes when i get to 1100 AD

How come my game on warlord diffuculty playing as russian always crashes when i get to 1100 AD help please:mad:

Let me put down straight my propositions:
- Most buildings instead of producing percentage of production or coins, produce production and commerce directly, along with those who increase only the percentage (like banks for example), the point here is to have the same value to gold, research, culture, espionage, and even production, enabling the players to have more control when choosing the rates for the commerce to go.
already done. originally there were only percentage modifiers until i ranted against it (primary for food) and Afforess implemented it. the process continued in the Building Upgrade Chains mod for production, commerce, ...

-Having a more proportional line of buildings and buildings upgrades, increasing the maintenance of big cities, in the way that it makes more sense to have few great cities while keeping others smaller, also increase the singularity of cities with the resources in vicinity feature and taking more advantage to it.
already done - or attempted in Building Upgrade Chains component. see factory and metropolitan administration. however maintenance doesn't scale properly.

-The last feature that i think would really fit the game, is the possibility adjust tax directly, controlling the amount of commerce that goes for the government to use it, big taxes being cause for citizens unhappiness and revolutions, while fewer taxes increasing the prosperity and growth of cities also making it more probable for corporations to spread there.
unhappiness from taxes is implemented though it depends on your civics.

-Overall, there is a saying: The best way to do things is the simplest way. Instead of having 500 production and 2000 to build a unit it could be 1 and 4 respectively, understand?
it's everything else than simple to implement that in a game that goes form the stone age to the future. but at least it is not as bad as in most RPGs.

Maybe you don't agree or like my propositions, but independent of your feelings toward it, please do, share your opinions and give me a clue on where to start, i recently saw that modding civ4 is a lot harder than i though. Thanks!
there is a forum for this mod. use it if you are seeking discussion or further information.

Looks awesome, im downloading it! CANT WAIT!!

How come my game on warlord diffuculty playing as russian always crashes when i get to 1100 AD help please:mad:

This is basically the same thing that happens to me. I often get the error "Civilization IV Beyond The Sword has stopped working and must close." The last game I was playing Marcus Aurelius (as the Romans) and the game crashed at the year 1060 AD, but this has happened to me every game I've played on this mod at some point or another, usually in the Medieval Era. I have almost all of the options enabled, I have the latest version (2.92 and 1.74 with the 1.74h patch). Any way I have of fixing this? I'm running Windows 7, I have 6GB of ram, a GeForce 9100 video card (yes, it's :):):):), I realize), so maybe that has to do with it?

Is this mod still in "beta" version? Because I found quite a few bugs, and other minor problems. I will uninstall the mod for now, but I will be waiting intently on a future better version :)

Is this mod still in "beta" version? Because I found quite a few bugs, and other minor problems. I will uninstall the mod for now, but I will be waiting intently on a future better version :)

No. There is an officially supported version, and a beta version. The Official Version is 1.74H. The Beta version is 1.75Beta1.

I can't fix bugs unless you report them. ;)

This is basically the same thing that happens to me. I often get the error "Civilization IV Beyond The Sword has stopped working and must close." The last game I was playing Marcus Aurelius (as the Romans) and the game crashed at the year 1060 AD, but this has happened to me every game I've played on this mod at some point or another, usually in the Medieval Era. I have almost all of the options enabled, I have the latest version (2.92 and 1.74 with the 1.74h patch). Any way I have of fixing this? I'm running Windows 7, I have 6GB of ram, a GeForce 9100 video card (yes, it's :):):):), I realize), so maybe that has to do with it?

come my game always crashes when i get to 1100 AD

This is the wrong place for bug reports. Please read the OP for the bug reports thread. ;)

i got a stupid question .. it says in the install faq we should un-archive version 2.92 i had 2.92 from earlier from be4 a new dawn how do i unarchive it?

Top Bottom