Crusader Kings 2

I'd love to play, but I can't commit to it now due to work.

So assume I'm a skip unless something changes in the week or two it takes you guys to get to where I am in the rotation.

Currently have been playing A Game of Thrones mod, beginning as Stannis who...

Spoiler alternative timeline :
...claim the thrones from the bastard Joffery who is executed along with every members of his court (by fire naturally), witness the downfall of House Lannister as Tyrion falls, the Starks maintain their holding of the North and the Tarygerian dynasty ceases after Varion, child of the storm-born, is killed by a shadow. Through use of the last kiss Stannis avoid the consequence of being assassinated several times and lives to die of old age by his choosing at 100. The Chosen One proved his title when he fended the Seven Kingdoms from hordes from the Western seas; these "Aztecs" were no match for the Lord's sword.

Spoiler the Chosen One and his successor :

But all things must end; though the Iron Throne was in the hands of the Stags and the Lord of Light shined among the Seven Kingdoms a great terror loomed as the Dothraki Sea grew to consume the Free Cities and Slavers' Bay. After the rule of the famed warrior and steward Robert III "the Eagle" the King Lester faced his ultimate trial when the Great Khal decided to cross the oceans to add the Iron Throne to his trophies; it came to a test that the King of the Seven Kingdoms would fail, losing his crown in the process but (as the Lord of Light would dictate) not his live, though he maimed in the proceedings.

Spoiler the fall of the Iron Throne :

Now Ko Lester of House Baratheon serves under the great Rommo.

The crown may be out of his hands but Lester may still redeem himself before the legacy of the Lord's Chosen.

Forgive the double post but I have a tale of dark omens to speak of!

I have been playing Crusader Kings 2 with The Reaper’s Due and have henceforth endured the Black Death!

It spread through Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Africa, reaching the Holy Roman Empire.

The wise Louise Karling of the HRE rises isolated his court from the outside world but it would not save him from the bubonic plauge...

...setting his less-than-worthy son Sigismond to ascend the throne as the second of his name. He would earn the title “the Butcher” through certain… methodologies in remaining food supplies during the seclusion in court.

After periods of seclusion, a succumbed emperor, cannibalism, witch hunting, corpse burning and general deathly stuff...

...the Plague finally started to succumb itself...

...till finally it became a horrid nightmare in all the known lands under the rein of Sigismond’s brother Évrard the Vengeful, bane of warlocks.

I'd very much like to play Crusader Kings 2 again but it seems that Paradox have taken their usual route with games. Release endless DLCs, bloat the game with features that they keep adding that make little to no sense and there's just this sense of there not actually being anything to do, especially in the early game and early bookmarks.

Regards

Those Black Death photos look exactly like all those Zombie Horde Mods

Those Black Death photos look exactly like all those Zombie Horde Mods

Death knows no bounds!

Also: I dig the Dance Macabre linkage Paradox did!

Spoiler super wide image :

The king in both this original artwork and the event work are one!

I'd very much like to play Crusader Kings 2 again but it seems that Paradox have taken their usual route with games. Release endless DLCs, bloat the game with features that they keep adding that make little to no sense and there's just this sense of there not actually being anything to do, especially in the early game and early bookmarks.

Regards

Save that Paradox tend to set their DLC as additional building upon a foundation rather than placing foundational pieces that should be there. Granted the DLC have been great in the amount for the game but it varies on which you want for CK2. Yes they are milking the game but it is one very strong cow.

You need to correct your spoiler code.

Ah. We cross-posted, I see.

I noticed Steam is having a massive sale on Paradox games this weekend. I'm thinking of taking the plunge on CKII at -75%.

For those who already play the game, most of the DLC is on sale too, at -66% (the most recent stuff is still full price).

I noticed Steam is having a massive sale on Paradox games this weekend. I'm thinking of taking the plunge on CKII at -75%.

Definitely. You can always save the various DLC for later (or never, as you see fit).

This. Reaper's Due has certainly been a great addition.
Added challenge and unpredictability just as both were wearing thin...

I'd agree, but unfortunately I'm rather squeamish as regards to the nasty disease stuff. :yuck:

Definitely. You can always save the various DLC for later (or never, as you see fit).
The base game alone is $10, and for $40, we get:

Crusader Kings II, Crusader Kings II: African Portraits , Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack, Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack , Crusader Kings II: Celtic Portraits, Crusader Kings II: Celtic Unit Pack, Crusader Kings II: Customization Pack, Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II, Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield III, Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields, Crusader Kings II: Europa Universalis IV Converter, Crusader Kings II: Finno-Ugric Unit Pack, Crusader Kings II: Hymns of Abraham, Crusader Kings II: Hymns to the Old Gods, Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome , Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits, Crusader Kings II: Military Orders Unit Pack, Crusader Kings II: Mongol Faces, Crusader Kings II: Norse Portraits, Crusader Kings II: Norse Unit Pack, Crusader Kings II: Persian Portraits, Crusader Kings II: Persian Unit Pack, Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India, Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer, Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits, Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack, Crusader Kings II: Saxon Unit Pack, Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion, Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium , Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith, Crusader Kings II: Songs of India, Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity, Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph, Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land, Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Rus, Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham, Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion, Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam, Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, Crusader Kings II: The Republic, Crusader Kings II: Turkish Portraits, Crusader Kings II: Turkish Unit Pack, Crusader Kings II: Warriors of Faith Unit Pack

A lot of portraits and music, cosmetic and immersive (which I usually like - I like the array of nation-specific units in Empire: Total War, for example). I've highlighted the ones that appear to be more than that, but I haven't looked at them closely.

The unit packs are more like if Empire had DLC for generals and armies on the campaign map. Of course, pdox games don't have battles, so all your combat is on the campaign map.

The unit packs are more like if Empire had DLC for generals and armies on the campaign map. Of course, pdox games don't have battles, so all your combat is on the campaign map.
Right, I think one of the Civ games did that. Or maybe it was a mod. At any rate, I usually like that sort of stuff, even if it's just cosmetic.

A lot of portraits and music, cosmetic and immersive (which I usually like - I like the array of nation-specific units in Empire: Total War, for example). I've highlighted the ones that appear to be more than that, but I haven't looked at them closely.

That's an excellent deal, yes. I would certainly recommend the Dynasty Shield packs and of course the EU IV converter allows you to carry a CK2 game into EU IV. The Ruler Designer does what it says on the tin and ensures that you don't need to play the default rulers.

Right, I think one of the Civ games did that. Or maybe it was a mod. At any rate, I usually like that sort of stuff, even if it's just cosmetic.

I mean I do too, I'm just letting you know what you're getting. I personally can't play without the portrait packs.

I'd agree, but unfortunately I'm rather squeamish as regards to the nasty disease stuff. :yuck:

You haven't lived until Charlemagne has died of severe dysentery while you weren't looking.

As opposed to possible asbestos poisoning?

Top Bottom