Fallout 4

civvver

Deity
Metacritic isn't being too king to this one, major complaints about bugs, at least on pc version. Tons and tons of them. Possibly to be expected? Idk. Everyone seems to think the game has been dumbed down.

Reviewers of course still giving top scores (89 on pc, 90s on consoles) but user score is 5.3 pc and 6.1 xbox. Although there's not much in the middle, most scores are 0's or 10's.

Is this just an issue comparing to predecessors or is it really a poor game?

On a side note Idk why I even care, I have no plans to get it until steam christmas sale 2018 when it's $4.99. I have the first five fallouts (1, 2, tactics all free off gog giveaway, plus 3 and new vegas) and haven't finished any of them, only played vegas for like five hours and that's it. I'm a game hoarder, I have issues, I admit this.

Yeah it seems like it has some fun enough parts to it for sure, "better than Fallout 3" not that that is a bit achievement. All the usual Bethesda world details, but it also has all the usual Bethesda half-arsedness, bad NPCs, bad animations (so many characters are deep in the uncanny valley), many of the same old entine bugs... VSYNC is on by default and you have to manually edit the .ini file to turn it off and the UI is once again poorly designed space wise. For a dev who makes games that let you and encourage pack-ratting they sure don't know how to make an inventory that can deal with having more than a few items. I... I think that Call of Duty actually has better faces now. Though then again they did back during the Oblivion days too. EDIT: FoV is also locked to 70/80 unless you once again have to manually edit the .ini file, and while you're there turn off mouse acceleration which is on by default for god knows what backwards retaded reason.

Link to video.

I mean... seriously Bethesda!? That's bloody amateurish.

Regardless it's still selling amazingly well, because "it's Fallout!/Bethesda!/SHINY!" and YMMV for immediately noticeable bugs and glitches. Bethesda will continue to know they don't have to actually fix things up and do a good job to sell millions.

wow that is terrible, it reminds me of super old dos games that ran five times faster when you hit the turbo button and increased clock speed.

Ugh.
Glad I resisted and didn't buy it today.
Another crappy PC port from the company that needs mods to make their games enjoyable on PCs and jumped on the opportunity to get a cut from paid mods on Steam.
I am still almost certainly getting this game.
But probably not this year and not for full price.

At this point I don't expect any PC game to be finished on release. A friend and I call it, only half-jokingly, a game's "gamma test phase", where people can pay $60 to help the developers iron out the bugs. And that's not even counting the games that deliberately leave out a big component and add it later as an expansion or DLC.

That said, I played the bejeebers out of every other Fallout game except Tactics, so I anticipate getting drawn into this one eventually. $60 is too much for me, though. Worse comes to worst, it'll probably be a third off during the next Steam Summer Sale.

WHAT? A Bethesda game being buggy and having a terrible UI on release? Now I've heard everything!

Next you'll tell the writing is uninspired and boring, I don't doubt.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I have said all along I will not be buying this until Bethesda releases the mod tools. Their games are ALWAYS fixer-uppers.

A rough release is to be expected, but by most accounts it's worse than expected. I've read a German review that complained Mouse and Keyboard controls are bad compared to Skyrim.

lol at the video of fps and engine speed. Well I'm not building a new pc that can play F4 till next year anyway so hopefully some judicious patching etc will help matter. Also I guess I'll wait to see how modding is handled.

I'm waiting the 1-2 weeks to see if the game is even worth getting, or if I should just wait for the Obsidian "done right" version (PLEASE LET THERE BE ONE).

Well I was planning on picking this up for Christmas, but now I don't know, might wait for the summer sale or next year winter sale.

Yeah apparently there's been some issues with AMD cards too. Fun game though!

From the trailer stuff I saw, it looked like the only real difference between 4 & 3 was the setting.

True?

From the trailer stuff I saw, it looked like the only real difference between 4 & 3 was the setting.

True?

I haven't played it yet but definitely not true. Skills are gone, there's a more in depth crafting thing you can do, and you can set up your own settlement are the big differences I know about.

WHAT? A Bethesda game being buggy and having a terrible UI on release? Now I've heard everything!

Next you'll tell the writing is uninspired and boring, I don't doubt.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I have said all along I will not be buying this until Bethesda releases the mod tools. Their games are ALWAYS fixer-uppers.
Most obvious and only sensible opinion.

I won't mock the outrage, because frankly it's needed, but I'll mock the surprise - it's a Bethesda game, and since Oblivion (included) EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE of their game has been dumbed down and consolized and full of bugs with mediocre writing.
Every. Single. Time. For more than 10 years.

Most obvious and only sensible opinion.

I won't mock the outrage, because frankly it's needed, but I'll mock the surprise - it's a Bethesda game, and since Oblivion (included) EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE of their game has been dumbed down and consolized and full of bugs with mediocre writing.
Every. Single. Time. For more than 10 years.

Pretty much this. But people fall for the hype, even if it's just to get that day-before-Christmas feeling for, you know, a day.

Fun game though!
It does seem to be the consensus of the reviews I've read that, beneath all the hiccups, the game is a hoot. That's why I'm assuming that I'll pick it up sooner or later. $60 kind of makes me itchy, but I might bite for $40-$50.

Top Bottom