Morrowind!

Knight-Dragon

Unhidden Dragon
Retired Moderator
This thread is about the Morrowind RPG, for the PC. ;)

Last night I took up a challenge to fight to the death in the Vivec Arena. The opponent was a Knight of the Imperial Dragon - the highest rank in the Imperial Legion faction. The first 3 seconds was ok; managed to nick him a little, also bled a little. Then in the next 2 secs, I was dead! :eek: After getting hit only once, maybe twice.
It didn't help that I passed him 2 rare items just prior, as part of my Legion quests. :lol: A rare armor and a rare sword.

Fortunately like all good gamers, I've saved prior to passing him the sword (the 'Cymaseum' or something…). :D Going to load fr there, and continue levelling up, using that sword. :mischief:

It also seemed that I'd pissed off the Ordinators sufficiently that they attacked me on sight... :cool: I killed an Ordinator once, when he attacked me 'cause I was wearing their Indoril armor. Trips to Vivec are going to be… interesting. Expect to see lots of dead Ordinators around. :mischief:

Share your exploits in Morrowind here! :)

But pls keep it spoiler-free as much as possible. I'm still playing the game, and enjoying all the surprises.

Q : I've been meaning to ask - what's the difference betw major, minor, misc skills? Apart fr the fact that major and minor skills contributing to your general levelling up... Do major and minor skills give some kind of 'bonus' as well?

What TheKing said. :)

It seems you have done alot already, XIII. :) I have played the game for many hours and still haven't joined the Legion.

I managed to reach the top of Fighter's Guild, Mage Guild, and Thives Guild though. :) I am currently doing the third trial of the Nerevarine test.

Originally posted by Thunderfall
It seems you have done alot already, XIII. :) I have played the game for many hours and still haven't joined the Legion.
I only played sporadically. Most nights, I'm too tired for it, after a day's work. ;)

But still enough to level up to 30. :yeah: What's your current level?

I managed to reach the top of Fighter's Guild, Mage Guild, and Thives Guild though. :) I am currently doing the third trial of the Nerevarine test.
Cool. I'm holding average ranks in the Fighters' and Thieves' Guilds, and the Blades. Going to rank up first, in the Fighters' Guild. :)

Q : How do you enchant a weopan or armor?

I got the spell, the weopan and am at enchanter's but could never figure out the soulgem part... I figure you'll need to capture some 'soul' in the soulgem, but so far, not getting anywhere with it.

It's pretty easy. To trap souls, first you need to make sure you have some soul gems. There are a few types of soul gems: petty, lesser, common, greater, and grand. Basically higher level monster requires higher quality soul gems. For example, to hold the soul of Golden Saint and Ascended Sleeper, you will need a grand soul gem. [Only Golden Saint and Ascended Sleeper souls allow you to enchant items with constant effect.] My character has constant water breathing, levitation, night eyes, restore fatigues, restore health, among other effects. :) Many soul gems can be found in bandit caves and tombs.

Once you have the soul gems, cast Soul Trap on the monster (the spell effect looks like a white cloud) then kill it, and it will give you a soul trapped message. It's easier to just enchant a weapon with a soul trap cast on strike effect (3 second duration is enough) so you don't need to cast soul trap everytime you want to trap a monster.

Daedric ruin is the best place to trap souls. It's also the best place to make money, and enchanting items requires lots of money. :)

I've been trying to get myself to start up on this game, i should be able to play it nowadays since i'm getting laid off from work. Not sure if i should be happy or sad :hmm: :lol:

Just saw the E3 trailer for this. Awesome music. :goodjob:

you should get it, i obtained it :cute: some time ago, but i just started it tonight and OMFG! this game is awesome! And yes the music is great!
I love stealing things ;)
Right now i'm in Balmore and i just attacked, killed and stole everything from the armorer ;)
I'm a wood elf, archer, born under the thief sign.

i'm still learning this and walking around seeing the sights :) I'm going to go join the theives guild, but i forgot which city its located in, i know its between Balmore and Seyn Neir. But i don't know the name so i can't fly there :( so gotta walk :p
If i commit one more crime everyone's going to start calling me the notorious criminal :p so i'm trying ot stay away from killing anyone.
How's your game going TF and XIII?

The Thieves Guild has a presence in Balmora...

I am not sure what stage I'm at, but shld be somewhat above average by now. Just up to level 31 last night. :) Can kill Daedra-type creatures handily. :yeah:

I haven't gained a level yet, i just now gave the orders to the Cauis guy in Balmore. Yeah i travelled to Padlegius to join the theives guild to be told to go back to Balmore :/

Btw XIII, do yo know how to pick someone's pocket? I've always dreamed of being a theif :p
I just killed another women, although i should be fine with the Imperial Gaurds, since it was out in teh country and i disposed of her body, mwhahaha!

No idea, but I think it has something to do with the sneak skill. TF is playing a thief though. :)

You need to stealth up to people and do action button or whatever they call it to open up the pickpocket thinger.
Great game indeed other than the fact that it got much to easy for me at Level 30, even with Tribunal installed... And hello to all of you as well seeing as this is my first post after a long time lurking around these boards :)

I just got Level 2 after fighting and killing Alof the Easterner in his house in the Fields of Kummu(sp)

hehe Yeah, had it for a few months and I started playing it nonstop once I had the Tribunal expansion pack, great story it has I must admit though, and simply all the things you can do with that game are amazing. And thanks for the welcome too :D

Top Bottom