Morrowind!

I picked it up from HMV for £19.99 last week(for Xbox). So far my impression is that it's the best £20 i've spent on software for about 10 years. I'm definately getting the expansion version when it comes out. This is the kind of quality and longevity that games have been crying out for over the last few years. Well done Bethseda :goodjob:

As for the some of the things talked about so far, well the first place i used to store stuff was the cave of smugglers in Seda Neyn, it's just opposite where the Silt strider is. There is a chest in a cavern that i've never had stuff taken from(you have to dive under the water to get to it!).
Then i used the Council Club once i had followed the mission to clear it. That seems safe even if you leave the guys on the roof.
As for Nerano Manor, well my girlfriend first used it after taunting the noble who lived there(she is way ahead of me in the game, around level 12 - im a low level 6!).
One day she came back to Nerano to find a 'Swag' bag on the table downstairs(it hadn't been there before), and various items of hers were now in the bag!(She told me this so i didn't actually see it - but i believe her). She went on a few more missions and it was still there, each time with a few more things in it. Never saw anyone but it unnerved her enough, and me as i was going to take the manor in my game.
So now we both use the Council Club - its a safe place to leave your stuff(so far!).
If anyone has an idea on this i'd sure like to know how to solve it. Nerano manor was looking so good! Is it anything to do with the mission of the theives guild to get the key for nerano manor? She was a member of their guild(and used to steal everything in sight). Maybe it was revenge for all the stolen goods she had? Any ideas?
What an awesome game:D

i've been busy, but right now i'm level 11, and i'm raiding alot of caves along the road, and i'm still stuck on a Theives Guild mission to steal a book :( i need an invisibility potion i guess

Originally posted by child of Thor
This is the kind of quality and longevity that games have been crying out for over the last few years. Well done Bethseda :goodjob:
hehe... I probably should thank them for including the Thunderfall artifact in the game. :D

As for the some of the things talked about so far, well the first place i used to store stuff was the cave of smugglers in Seda Neyn, it's just opposite where the Silt strider is.
That's not very convenient... You should find a house that has quick access to Mage Guilds. You will find yourself using mage guild teleporter far more often than Silt Strider. Besides Balmora, Caldera is also a great place to live. Later in the game you will have access to a Propylon Index in Caldera thru a Mage Guild quest that teleports you to the Propylon Chamber of a dozen Strongholds instantly, for free.

One day she came back to Nerano to find a 'Swag' bag on the table downstairs(it hadn't been there before), and various items of hers were now in the bag!(She told me this so i didn't actually see it - but i believe her). She went on a few more missions and it was still there, each time [/B]
Haven't seen anything like that... I would still take that house without fear if I were you. ;) It's a huge beautiful house. :D Do take it after you complete the Nerano manor house key quest though...

i've been busy, but right now i'm level 11, and i'm raiding alot of caves along the road, and i'm still stuck on a Theives Guild mission to steal a book i need an invisibility potion i guess
Have you picked up any Grand Soul Gem from those caves? If you do and you have the money, you can enchant constant effect items such as a constant water breathing effect shirt so you can go pearl hunting in rivers and seas. :D

I still have figured out how to make 'constant' effect items. Usually not enough spell points, or 'slots' in the item to be used. :(

What creature(s) can you soul-trap best, with those gems?

I love this game but haven't played it for months, got as far as doing the quest to prove I'm the guy in the prophesy (for the tribespeople).

Incidentally, if you want to know a little cheat, when you use your spell to create your fancy gloves, boots and weaponry (bound dagger etc., lasts for a minute or so, is that right? haven't played for ages as I say), make them in your room,throw them on the floor and sleep for an hour. They are then permanent. Works on PC, don't know about X-Box. Handy if you think you are really stuck. (I never used cheats to play the proper game BTW. Just for having a muck-about.)

I've got level 12 while freeing slaves from a plantation by killing their masters and taking their mansion ;) I came upon another plantation but that was heavily gaurded. So i'm going to come back later. Also, i finally stole that damn book :lol: i tried using a standard invisibility potion, but...well that didn't work, so i had to run and jump the gauntlet to get out of that damn tradehouse. I did that :D And then i took care of the agents at the Caldera Ebony Mine. So i've been really busy :goodjob: I have some good stats right now. Strenght 65, Agility 68, Speed is 78. Its good for me atleast ;) My Strenght started out at 35 :lol:

If you free enough slaves a society called the 'Twin Lamps' might approach you, it’s a slave freeing guild, never had it happen to me, but heard about it.

Twin Lamps - Free enough slaves from caves and the like, and eventually you can work for them. After you have freed a number of slaves (about thirty), talk to them about the twin lamps when you free them. Eventually you will get a password (it can also be obtained from Jobasha in his rare bookshop. Once you have the password, go to Ilemni Dren in St. Delyn's Lower South One (Vivec, St Delyn's canton, lowest tier, South side, middle house). Talk to her about slavery and answer her question with the password. You will now gain a small series of quests. There are some quests (notably the maiden's token quest for the legion) that interfere with this and prevent you from talking about slavery with her, so watch out.

I didn't know anything about that, i was just trying to improve my fighting skills :p

Oh, yeah, I'd started that slave thing, I'd begun buying them and releasing them, didn't get as far as that mini-quest stuff though.

My archery (as a wood elf) was over 100, killed those flying things with one shot. My character was pretty powerful, lethal at a distance.

Edit:
If you like this game,check out Daggerfall, if you can find it nowadays. It was a superior game in terms of plotting and 'immersability' IMO, but the graphics would probably look very limp now, it's ten years old.

Morrowind is by the same people who made Daggerfall, but Daggerfall wastotally open-ended, and the dungeons and caves were generated on the fly, they weren't fixed.

Thanks for the info Thunderfall, I have seen the bag now and it is called 'overflow loot bag'. Looks just like a normal round sack(the ones which are in the corner near the ale barrel in Nerano manor). It may be because my girlfriend's character liked to collect(er steal) lots of nice things(silverware, goblets, rare items etc). So mabye this is a way for the game to store excess objects? Still not sure - i'll stick with the council club for now untill the mystery loot bag is resolved.

i did find a gem in the Mage's Guild of Balmora, its value is 68,000!!! I'm eyeballing it at the moment ;) Might test my skills of a theif right now :lol:

You will be hard pressed to find someone to buy it for the full price!

yes, from what i hear, Creeper has the most money only 5000 at a time. And he only buys weapons/armor :(

Look on the bright side, theres got to be a reason they value it so highly, probably a powerful little 'gem'.

my friend gave me his xbox version because he didn't like it. I just started as a bretonian mage, have enough money and about to go to Balmora. any tips from experienced players on what to do?
also, i absolutley LOVE the game, its soooo good.

Join some of the guilds in Balmore and do their quests; that shld start you off nicely. ;) Pick carefully though...

Ok i'm trying to do the Daedric Ruin NE of Balmora, i've taken out Frost Atranach's, and i'm having problems dealing with that first b*tch inside the ruin. Now i'm having a sand storm, and i have Fire Atranach's and this other guy chasing me :(

Top Bottom