Civilization themed birthday party?

You could give all the guests a Civ Leader and a shortened personality matrix, then tell them that's who they get to behave like at the party.

Just make sure Ghandi's has a 10 for nukes. :D

You've confused real life with CiV (happens to me all the time). Too much salt is bad in RL, but unmatchably good in CiV.

Salt is broken in Multiplayer. As everyone says, he who controls the salts controls the worlds

I think the best idea would be having everyone dress up as at least the nine new leaders, and anyone extra as just the other leaders. Be sure the fat guy dresses up as Gajah Mada. And take pictures. Then CiV MP session.

I love some of the comments in this thread. Hilarious.

Make it an extremely brief party. If she's a big fan, all she wants is everybody out of the place so she can PLAY CIV! :)

Cool idea! And my girlfriend used to play Civilization 3 and then 4 all the time. Now she's playing WoW (since about three years ago). We've been married for over 23 years now.
As far as your party, I think the cake should be a stylized map, with miniature wonders on it (you should be able to find little plastic "wonders" somewhere). Another idea would be to serve some drink that is a blue liquid (Kool-aid?) in beakers (or beaker-shaped glasses). Of course, setting up a big screen to play the game so attendees can be "part of the action" is a must. And play the CDs with the game music on the stereo for background music You do have those don't you? They came with the deluxe version.
Oh, and only allow ON PEROSN PER TILE <grin>.

The cake itself could be a hexagon. If, of course, CiV is her favorite game. Don't forget to posts pictures here if you do the theme!

I think so far I'm definitely going to make a hexagon map themed cake somehow, the food from the new civs seems pretty good, and the luxury goods idea seems pretty good too lol (i liked the post suggesting i give copper lol) and also I thought to make a card in the form of a trade agreement, your items, my items kind of thing

You should dress as Maria Theresa and propose a Diplomatic Marriage (in german)... seriously, your GF is a keeper. Your party ideas sound great, have fun with the preparations!

Interesting birthday theme.

Let me give you my 5¢ (you see, I live in a country that had just abolished pennies):

One unlucky person would receive this wonder. All you need is some sand, some plaster, and a reading of a specific poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley.

One lucky person would get a military-themed equestrian statue, another a park with a futuristic skyline behind it, another the United Nations, another a spaceship orbiting Alpha Centauri, and another a globe with stamps and the words "Sid Meier's Civilization V" on it.

You can play the game music from YouTube and have the computer speakers turned on max.

Oh, and it is best if the guests are randomly selected a leader. Everyone likes surprises, no?

Definitely like giving party guests a leader and a personality matrix.

Id suggest give her some Iron and say slay those Aztec SOBs.

Or maybe get her a horse! and say "My kingdom for a horse!" (Shakespeare quote that they use).

Definitely post pictures if u can. Hope it goes well. and She is a keeper.

Everyone coming dresses as one of the leaders in the game. Try to coordinate so there aren't duplicates, unless of course you have more people going than there are leaders in the game.

Wherever you're having the party, set it up like a Civ5 map. Have the food arranged on tables around a central "city" hex with the dishes as resources. Make sure to place workers and military units around to make it more authentic.

Have everyone sign a peace treaty when they walk thru the door. Don't want any wars breaking out during the festivities.

I never thought of a Civilization themed part but would definitely love to hear how it went. The only themed party I loved the in these many years was the one I attended last month, Game of Thrones. It was an outdoor party with and there was a throne made in the center of the area and a table where a exact replica cake was placed. Then there was few stations for food, drinks etc. and they were named each of the houses, house Stark, house Lannister etc. They had dishes which were named according to the characters of the series, like grilled chicken was named fiery dragon, and some of the interesting names were heart of khaleessi, Arya's lemon cake etc. They had these Marrakesh collections which added to the theme. I think they rented these accessories and station furniture from Luxe modern rentals (www.eventfurniturerentals.ca)

Top Bottom