The Byzantine Empire

And? The Aztecs gain culture from kills (without the Honor) and the French get +2 or +3 culture per turn, same exact thign. French gets Policies earlier.

Well, no. Those require completely different play styles. One requires city expansion, the other requires military unit production. To give you an idea, it's possible to take advantage of the Aztec ability with one city. The same is not true with the French. With your proposal, there's very little the Celts can do that the Byzantines can't do plus more.

<snip>

If you're George Tekei, I speculate the leader screen is meh. Amirite? Oh my ;)

I don't think Byzantines will get a free GPro. If anything Mayans are more likely to have that given their omgwtf long count bonus. Bonus belief is just about that. Dromons and Cataphracts are a better topic of discussion.

I bet the Dromon has a ranged Greek Fire attack. I think it will replace the Galeass so it will be - properly - a Medieval unit. The Cataphract will most likely be a Knight replacement, but its bonuses might be surprising... I think, though, that it only will be stronger than a Knight, or won't have penalites in defense (full horse armour).

And they stuck with the fugly light blue color!? Dark Red would've been WAY more suiting! Would at least match the curtains......was that a pun o.O

Moderator Action: Removed offensive language. Please do not use symbols to avoid the auto-censor.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

A bunch of us had the most interesting dream this morning - which would be night for Americans - and then suddenly nothing happened. In the dream we saw a slut woman, some kind of weird-looking ship kinda like the fire galley in AoE and some kind of funny-looking horse - what was its name again? Ah it seemed like something from AoE 2. :D

Publish those pictures was a mistake. They were from the preview version made &#8203;&#8203;by the official reviewer but images were not uploaded to the server along with a preview.

Excuse my efforts to bring some news here. For me it's absolutely closed topic now.

c'mon guys, let it go.

We all know the image was there, but it got removed (by request) due to the source of the image(s) not being allowed to release them. Someone went 'rogue', and they'll likely be dealt with.

<snip>

These things happen at least once/release - someone decides to mess with the marketing plans by going beyond what they're contracted (and they do sign legal documents before seeing the press builds) to do, and they'll suffer for it (other game companies will find out and the 'reviewer' will quickly find that no one wants to let them see anything anymore).

edit: and drop the 'collective dream bit'... if you weren't allowed to talk about it plainly, you'd be just as much in trouble for being so obvious.

Except for having to wait until you found a religion to get it, the extra belief is as good any any UA bonus... except you get to choose which one you want. And the bonus provided by that Belief is denied to any other religion. That's pretty good.

It is fascinating though that you have to have a religion to use the UA. May be one of the more restrictive UAs so far. Choosing the extra UA can be pretty good though. Of course all depending on when you get the religion in relation to other civs. Its like we have been discussing, a Maya or a Celt opponent are a Byzantine worst fear then.

Except for having to wait until you found a religion to get it, the extra belief is as good any any UA bonus... except you get to choose which one you want. And the bonus provided by that Belief is denied to any other religion. That's pretty good.

I actually think the Bonus religion should've been 2nd Founder Belief, that would make it much more exclusive. we don't even know if the how exactly the Bonus belief even works.

I still feel that the ability is weak. Unless the devs have some secret religion-powerhouse abilities hidden up their sleeves, I just don't think that one extra belief is going to matter that much. It would be like giving a civ one free social policy. Useful, but not that useful.

Well, I'd argue it's closer to giving them a free World Wonder instead of free social policy.

<snip>

If its a second founder belief that would be extremely powerful (and to be honest worth it considering it is a risky UA).

It's also possible it's choose any belief, including but not limited to Founder Beliefs.

Do you guys think it should be exclusive to only you and you only or should it, in case of it being from Follower or Enhancer Belief also be available to anybody following the religion.

That's what I think (provided you get to choose from all).

Without detail to suggest otherwise, I think we'd have to assume that any belief chosen would follow the rules for that type. So if you're allowed to choose a Follower belief as your bonus, I would expect it would apply to anyone following that religion.

what would be cool is if the choice of the extra belief modified your relationships with the AIs that follow your religion. Take an extra follower belief, get a little diplo bonus. Take an extra Founder belief, don't get the diplo bonus.

It would make sense that the AI would at least value the religion more.

The strategy is this: If you take the extra follower belief you make your religion the most attractive, so the other civs will be more inclined to follow it for the extra bonus, which gives you great diplo points AND means more civs will be following it, so your founder belief will be even stronger.

Conversely, if you take another Founder belief, other civs may not be as inclined to adopt your religion (what's in it for me?) and they might even be more reluctant because it gives you twice the benefit if they convert.

Top Bottom