Game-of-the-month style game: Aztecs

MantaRevan

Emperor
So I know that civ 5 already has an official GoTM going on right now, but a group of my friends who play multiplayer together have decided to start our own GoTM style game, which anyone and everyone is invited to join in on! Here's the turn 0 save, feel free do whatever you want with the game, and check in every 50 turns or so to discuss the situation. This game will be on emperor, which will be a walk in the park for some of you, but it will allow the less experienced players to get direct feedback about their play on a manageable level.

Here's the start

We're going to have a lot of good solid production, and the jungle to the north means good food and science if we need it. The river start will mean that we can take advantage of floating gardens in the capital. Have fun!

Attachments

• Emperor Club- Aztecs.Civ5Save
    514.3 KB · Views: 39
No offense, but I hope Genghis is coming for you! Unprotected capital just begging for somebody to comp rush it.

Okay, I'm interested. Aztecs are my favorite civ, so this should be fun. Looks like a nice start, couldn't ask for much better than Salt and Marble.

EDIT: looked at the first screenshot below that. Pedro doesn't have a hope in hell in that kind of crowd. Aztecs, Assyrians, and Mongols? He's dead, but just doesn't know it yet.

Okay, I'm interested. Aztecs are my favorite civ, so this should be fun. Looks like a nice start, couldn't ask for much better than Salt and Marble.

EDIT: looked at the first screenshot below that. Pedro doesn't have a hope in hell in that kind of crowd. Aztecs, Assyrians, and Mongols? He's dead, but just doesn't know it yet.

Nope! He got DOWd by every civ on the continent in my game.

Got a ton of growth based wonders plus oracle, went piety and tradition so that I could grab Glory of God. Got DOWd by Genghis and Assyria, even though we had a DOF and research agreement. I didn't know the AI was dumb enough to cancel those by declaring.

You really should have some trade routes going. Its t165 already. With all that salt there is no excuse for not making any.

Uh, what difficulty is this? You having the GL and not being crushed to bits by such strong AI warmongers tells me this isn't anywhere near Deity.

Its nice and I may give it a try: I love war and Aztec are fun for that. I just miss not meeting Monty as an AI though, he is so fun :(

But btw, if you want to do a GOTM style, you should propose a goal, a victory condition or something.

At the end, at least in regular GOTM, the whole purpose is to achieve something the fastest possible :p

As an idea, why not trying to make a total culture goal? or total kill culture goal? will encourage to make the most of the UA :p

I'm looking forward to starting this tonight. I might go extremely tall science or I may try and get those archeology achievements that I am lacking.

Uh, what difficulty is this? You having the GL and not being crushed to bits by such strong AI warmongers tells me this isn't anywhere near Deity.

This is emperor. We decided that it was the most suitable level for most of the players participating. And I didn't go GL, Doctorgate did.

Its nice and I may give it a try: I love war and Aztec are fun for that. I just miss not meeting Monty as an AI though, he is so fun :(

But btw, if you want to do a GOTM style, you should propose a goal, a victory condition or something.

At the end, at least in regular GOTM, the whole purpose is to achieve something the fastest possible :p

As an idea, why not trying to make a total culture goal? or total kill culture goal? will encourage to make the most of the UA :p

Well my friends and I just left it open ended to observe how our different playstyles would come out in the same save. I can set a goal if you guys want me too. The goal I set for myself was to try and see how much culture I could accumulate via sacred path and 3 cultural CS. I suppose that can be the new goal of the game if you guys want it to be.

Wouldn't a lake be a way better start for Aztecs? or was the point to just give a random start?

It was a random start, and since the Aztecs can build floating gardens on both rivers and lakes, I decided to keep the seed.

I cant play it, it needs some kind of DLC that I don't have.

Yeah the problem is that Firaxis has made it so that you literally need to have all of the DLC(even scrambled continents and nations) in order to use save files from anyone who has DLC.

I cant play it, it needs some kind of DLC that I don't have.

I have no idea what the hell DLC this requires. I have pretty much everything you could possibly buy.... Pretty dumb.

I don't think anyone is going to be able to load this up.

I have no idea what the hell DLC this requires. I have pretty much everything you could possibly buy.... Pretty dumb.

I don't think anyone is going to be able to load this up.

I will be able to, though these past few days I've been on a Hearthstone frenzy. Are there any specific rules on how to play these out?

What DLC does this need? I have pretty much everything including scrambled.

Much to my dismay, it appears that you need to have literally every piece of DLC that the save author has, in my case- all of it. Anyone who has complete addition should be fine, this includes map packs and irrelevant stuff like that, unfortunately.

Much to my dismay, it appears that you need to have literally every piece of DLC that the save author has, in my case- all of it. Anyone who has complete addition should be fine, this includes map packs and irrelevant stuff like that, unfortunately.

Very stupid design, making the game unplayable for people who want to pass files around is a bad idea. I think this would encourage people to not get any DLC rather than to get them all. The less you have the wider audience you can swap with.

Really Really bad design.

Top Bottom