R.E.D. modpack

Every time I see an update on this thread with Nutty being the last poster, I get so excited if it will be the new version! :run:

Well... since I'm here, here's a small heads up for you guys with the crash issue (only applies if you are using Win 10):

Please try removing the dots from the mod folder's name, renaming it from
'R.E.D. Modpack' to 'RED Modpack'.
Do the same for the modinfo-file (-> RED Modpack (v28).modinfo), then open it with an editor and edit line 4 to <Name>RED Modpack</Name>.

Now try to run the mod again.
There seem to be some problems that are caused by special characters being used in names of mods on Win10.
I hope this will solve it for you!

Thanks for the tip!

As I went to do it, I realized that I do not have Windows 10. I had been thinking of DIRECTX10. :crazyeye:
So I doubt it will help. I think it has more to do with my computer just not able to handle it.

Untitled.jpg 2015-12-10_00001.jpg
My Problems

I'm glad you're excited, Lynnes, because I'll be sending you a test version tomorrow. As you're currently the entirety of the beta test team, you'll have some work to do! ;-)

Hey Nutty, I don't want to rush, but is there news about the new version yet? :D

Is there any news/updates yet?
The long wait time required to activate the mod really got to me (since I was OFTEN required to wait for it between test builds), so I spent a lot of time revamping my automated art define script to make all the SQL gymnastics unnecessary. It's almost done, but that real life thing has kept me very busy of late.

In hindsight I should have just released my last beta build with an MPMPM version.

I really do intend to get back to it soon...

I noticed that there were unused unit skins and tried to put them in (for example, a Japanese scout skin), but when I go in game, there's no change. Did I miss a step?

I'm finally going to have a little free time I can dedicate to modding. I promise I'll put SOMETHING out by Tuesday, even if I have to go back to the old method of adding units.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What's really great btw is the fact, that the devs for Civ6 were maybe inspired by mods like this one to include the same mechanic into the vanilla version of the next title! So the modders can focus on creating other awesome stuff!

Top Bottom