Bug reports and technical issues

It could've flipped, that tile is part of their flip zone. But no idea who owned them before.

Spain, I guess, but it isn't a bit harsh to include Northern Spain in the French flipzone? Some stray Spanish units can get flipped there.

It's just that flip zones are necessarily rectangles, and northern Spain is on the same latitude as southern France.

American cities still start with 1 pop and no buildings (not even a Granary). Whether the Human or the AI is America.

the new german UHV (3 vassals BY 1600) works as if the conditions was "IN" 1600. intentional?

also, i still have the red dot for the bombard as well. i updated the svn today (march 5th) a few hours ago and have that issue. i mean its no big deal (though i cant promote the units), but i thought id report it too.

i take it back... 1600 has come and gone (its now 1615) and the UHV hasnt triggered. i have france, england, and scandanavia as vassals and the screen has a green check mark next to the condition, but says not yet.

I have to mimic the Red Spot Siege : I can't promote it, can't bombard, and selecting it makes the game extremely bugged (although it can be fixed quickly by selecting another unit).

I'll turn my attention to fix all of these problems next.

Edit: Bombard and German UHV should be fixed now.

Hi, I've been downloading the modmod and I unzipped it in "Beyond the Sword\Mods\" but it doesn't work, when I'm trying to start it, my computer download the game for a few seconds and then nothing happen... I'm french and I have a french version of civilization by the way. This mod seems to be very nice and I whished someone could help me with my problem.

Where exactly does the game stop? During the loading screen?

The mod is only in English, maybe that's causing your problem. In this case, try if setting your language to English changes anything.

Yes, the loading screen (the first one) appears but nothing's coming next, computer's stop loading abrutly, I changed the language to english but nothing changed.

Weird. Have you enabled Python exceptions (see the OP of this thread)? If so, do you get and, and what does it say?

Viking starts without any Society civics in 600AD start.

P.S : I might miss this topic, but why there's ocean between Iceland and Ireland? Is that intentional? If it is, when will the ocean turned into coast?

When you discover Compass.

first, this mod is fantastic, and has revived my interest in a game I hadn't played in a while.

I've through a few times and I'm not sure if something is going wrong and if there is something else I need to download.

But playing as the Thai, do I need to own India? It did not give me credit for the the third goal after eliminating foreigners. I went back and went into world builder, and deleted the independents left from collapsed Mughals. Then it let me win.

Similarly, playing as Greece, it wasn't giving me credit for controlling Phoenicia even though I owned Tyre and Jerusalem. Going back and into Worldbuilder, I deleted the two cities near Carthage, then it gave me the goal. Is that intended?

Ok, I enabled python like in the OP of this thread, but nothing changed, it's the same thing, like if it just didn't want to start. There's not even any 'error' screen. Maybe I just forgot something but I don't see what.

For the Greek UHV, controlling Phoenicia means you need to control Sur and collapse Phoenicia. The latter usually happens a few turns after the former so you don't need to worry about going all the way to capture Carthage. AI Phoenicia receives a settler and some units at Carthage some time around 820 BC (?), therefore if you've conquered Sur before then you might see a revival of Phoenicia. But from my personal experience they do not last long, and they won't trouble you from sea so then you just need to focus on fighting Persia.

first, this mod is fantastic, and has revived my interest in a game I hadn't played in a while.
Thanks!

I've through a few times and I'm not sure if something is going wrong and if there is something else I need to download.

But playing as the Thai, do I need to own India? It did not give me credit for the the third goal after eliminating foreigners. I went back and went into world builder, and deleted the independents left from collapsed Mughals. Then it let me win.
It's not intended that you need to control India, but it has to be free of foreign civs. Independents should be okay, but I've found an error in my code that made them count, too. If you're using SVN, an update will fix this.

Similarly, playing as Greece, it wasn't giving me credit for controlling Phoenicia even though I owned Tyre and Jerusalem. Going back and into Worldbuilder, I deleted the two cities near Carthage, then it gave me the goal. Is that intended?
It isn't. The problem was that Rhye's code for controlling a civ required at least two cities in its core when it's still alive, which is of course impossible in Phoenicia's tiny core. I've made an exception for them so now conquering Tyre is enough to control them, no matter if they collapse. It's in the SVN, too.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Ok, I enabled python like in the OP of this thread, but nothing changed, it's the same thing, like if it just didn't want to start. There's not even any 'error' screen. Maybe I just forgot something but I don't see what.
I'm a little clueless, then. Do other mods run without problems? Is there still a Civ4BeyondSword.exe process in your task manager after the game stops running?

Actually mods I've been downloading don't usually work and for the question, no, nothings appear in the task manager... I'm sorry for the explanations but this is all I got, nothing else happen.

Do you have another computer available to see if it works there?

Top Bottom