Bug reports and technical issues

I can't find out what's wrong here, maybe someone more experienced will know what's the problem.

Bug report: No FASCISM name for Italy civ
"TXT_KEY_CIV_ROFASCISMME_DESC_FASCISM" in the xml file but "TXT_KEY_CIV_ROFASCISMME_DESC_FASCIST" in the game, see the picture

I have the file folder for RFC Dawn of Civilization extracted in my MODS folder, and the mod shows up when I open up the screen in regular BtS. However when I try to load the mod, it will show the loading screen and then nothing.

I'm using Windows 7 if that helps?
Have you tried launching it as administrator?

So, just played through as Phoenicia for the first time, and I noticed a little bug. The Dye victory condition triggered in 100 BC when I only had 3 under my control; none traded. So, sure, it helped me, but still a bug.

Unfortunately, I don't have a save file, as it caught me unawares and I just wanted a quick fix of DoC. I'll play Phoenicia again later and see if it triggers.

So, just played through as Phoenicia for the first time, and I noticed a little bug. The Dye victory condition triggered in 100 BC when I only had 3 under my control; none traded. So, sure, it helped me, but still a bug.

Unfortunately, I don't have a save file, as it caught me unawares and I just wanted a quick fix of DoC. I'll play Phoenicia again later and see if it triggers.
Wasn't aware of that, will look at it (Phoenicia/Carthage is in serious need for some love anyways, it hasn't gotten much attention for a long time. I'll redo them when I focus on Rome again).

Wasn't aware of that, will look at it (Phoenicia/Carthage is in serious need for some love anyways, it hasn't gotten much attention for a long time. I'll redo them when I focus on Rome again).
I've played Phoenicia a lot of times! :)

Uploaded is a quick save that is doomed to crash.

The game was played in the previous revision, but in the latest revision it still crashes. I have no idea why.

Edit: I loaded a previous save and got past that turn though.

I have questions about cities flipping, here is some examples (the version is 1.8) (i put it in spoiler, because it's kind of long...)

Spoiler :
1. a) I'm Germany, i attack Byzantine empire, and get Istanbul and Athens; after Turk spawn, the Istanbul doesn't flip (this was monarch game)
1. b) I generated few dozens of games, and in one, the Byzantine empire collapsed in Germany second turn, so i attacked Barbarian Istanbul (the Istanbul was most likely overrun by random horse archer barbarian horde), and Independent Athens from start, and i got them; however after Turk spawned the Istanbul flipped (emperor difficulty) - which AFAICT never happen to me

Can somebody please explain how to avoid the flip (how to avoid b) scenario), if possible?

2. a) again Germany, killed Russians early in game with help of some mercs (Cataphract for 33 golds as first merc); i burned most of their cities and build just 2; they respawned later on, but cities in area i burned their cities didn't spawn, they just get the crappy cities before they collapsed + other civs cities around...) (monarch diff.)
2 b) I got independent Kiev (i think the city was Byzantine, but turned to independent immediately or it's preprogrammed somewhere?); burned most of the Russians and build 2 own cities; later the Russians respawned because other unstable civs (Turkey), get some of their cities... my surprise was it flipped everything in Russia except Reval / including Kiev... (not sure if monarch or emperor)

Does this something to have with distance from the spawning civilization cities or capital? (for example 2-3 tiles flip, more doesn't flip?)
And again - how can i avoid it (how to avoid b) scenario) if possible?

Thanks in advance for any tips and replies.

I've played Phoenicia a lot of times! :)
Yeah, I meant attention from me ;)

I have questions about cities flipping, here is some examples (the version is 1.8) (i put it in spoiler, because it's kind of long...)

1. a) I'm Germany, i attack Byzantine empire, and get Istanbul and Athens; after Turk spawn, the Istanbul doesn't flip (this was monarch game)
1. b) I generated few dozens of games, and in one, the Byzantine empire collapsed in Germany second turn, so i attacked Barbarian Istanbul (the Istanbul was most likely overrun by random horse archer barbarian horde), and Independent Athens from start, and i got them; however after Turk spawned the Istanbul flipped (emperor difficulty) - which AFAICT never happen to me

Can somebody please explain how to avoid the flip (how to avoid b) scenario), if possible?
AI Turkey is supposed to always flip Constantinople (if Byzantium is still alive, it doesn't because capitals are exempt). Don't know why they didn't in your first example.

2. a) again Germany, killed Russians early in game with help of some mercs (Cataphract for 33 golds as first merc); i burned most of their cities and build just 2; they respawned later on, but cities in area i burned their cities didn't spawn, they just get the crappy cities before they collapsed + other civs cities around...) (monarch diff.)
2 b) I got independent Kiev (i think the city was Byzantine, but turned to independent immediately or it's preprogrammed somewhere?); burned most of the Russians and build 2 own cities; later the Russians respawned because other unstable civs (Turkey), get some of their cities... my surprise was it flipped everything in Russia except Reval / including Kiev... (not sure if monarch or emperor)

Does this something to have with distance from the spawning civilization cities or capital? (for example 2-3 tiles flip, more doesn't flip?)
And again - how can i avoid it (how to avoid b) scenario) if possible?

Thanks in advance for any tips and replies.
If respawning civs get cities from you depends on your stability, i.e. if they respawn because someone else is unstable, but you're stable, they don't flip your cities. But even if someone else's instability caused their respawn they can flip your cities if your unstable, too. I don't have the exact thresholds at the moment, though.

Spoiler :
Yeah, I meant attention from me ;)

AI Turkey is supposed to always flip Constantinople (if Byzantium is still alive, it doesn't because capitals are exempt). Don't know why they didn't in your first example.

If respawning civs get cities from you depends on your stability, i.e. if they respawn because someone else is unstable, but you're stable, they don't flip your cities. But even if someone else's instability caused their respawn they can flip your cities if your unstable, too. I don't have the exact thresholds at the moment, though.

What if Germany has / has not 100% culture in the city? I think the Istanbul doesn't flip, if i have 100% culture in the city (vs. 99% with 0% barbarian). Similar example for Russia (100% culture, vs XX% my YY% independent culture). If the city has no barbarian/independent culture it's doesn't flip? I though it's working like this :confused:

While foreign culture cannot invade Tibet anymore it doesn't stop the barbarian culture from receding, which leaves a culture vacuum.

What if Germany has / has not 100% culture in the city? I think the Istanbul doesn't flip, if i have 100% culture in the city (vs. 99% with 0% barbarian). Similar example for Russia (100% culture, vs XX% my YY% independent culture). If the city has no barbarian/independent culture it's doesn't flip? I though it's working like this :confused:
I think culture is only important for collapsing civs and their cities.

While foreign culture cannot invade Tibet anymore it doesn't stop the barbarian culture from receding, which leaves a culture vacuum.
Okay.

There's a bug about Orthodoxy conversion: Playing as Greece, when I finish the Apostolic Palace, there's a popup asking whether I'd like to convert to Orthodoxy. But it doesn't matter how I choose, I'll just end up converting.

Leoreth I don't if this is a real issue or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I was playing as the Ottomans and everything was good until I checked the Victory Screen.
Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
As you can see I have three wonders in Constantinople (Theodosians Walls, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace)
Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
Yet on the victory screen only two are recognized. I know that Topkapi is recognized but one of the other two does not check out for some reason.

Now for my second Problem:
Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
As you can see these are requirements for the Blue Mosque (Music, Engineering, Islam)
Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
I have both Engineering and Music
Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
And as clearly visible, Islam is my state religion. But if you revisit the first screenshot you will see that I do not have the option the build the Blue Mosque (but i do have the option to build Sistine Chapal which also requires Music).

Hagia Sophia is now a shrine and not considered as a wonder.

As for Blue Mosque, maybe it has been built already.

Hagia Sophia is now a shrine and not considered as a wonder.

Oh, forgot about Orthodoxy. So which extra wonder is best to cram in as Turkey?

As for Blue Mosque, maybe it has been built already.
That never occurred to me since I have just destroyed Arabia and taken over all their cities. Maybe I should check the Mughals.

Have you encountered this Phytex or did it already fixed? I haven't updated the SVN, though.

Top Bottom