Kämpfer: New Magical Girl Type Unit....

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, I've recently decided to get back into unit making, and as a way to both unlimber my somewhat atrophied unit making skills and partially to try and reclaim my title as the master of transforming units, I decided to make one based off of Natsuru from the Japanese Anime Kämpfer.....

Those familliar with the series will know that it is kind of a parody of the Magical Girl genre, and that Natsuru is a guy who changes into a magical girl, thanks to some executive meddling by those who hand out magical girl powers....

Apparently, Kämpfer is not the only anime/doujinshi to do this: At least one spinoff series from Futari wa Pretty Cure has the main character be a gender-bender magical girl, and then there's the webcomic, Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki, which fits in the same general pattern.

Since there has (to the best of my knowledge) not been any gender-bender units made to date, I decided to see if I could convincingly pull it off, and I think I've succeeded fairly well, but I'll let you be the judge of that:

Download Here

....Too bad I didn't have him/her ready in time for the Decade Awards competition, because (s)he would have probably won the "Wierdest WTF Unit Ever" award. :lol:

Awesome work! :goodjob:

Y'know, I'd have use for both forms of the unit in IE somewhere down the line. The suited guy as a generic management-type bloke (can never have enough :D) and the girl as perhaps some kind of intern secretary-type unit (there's already an interns resource :))

Glad you guys like him/her! :D

Btw, Kämpfer is German and means "fighter".

Interesting and well made unit. Good work!

Ja, ich verstehe.... (I understand) The anime/manga series that bears the same name is heavily laden with gratuitous German... I.e. there are three classes of Kämpfer: Schwert (Sword, but in this case, means melee fighters), Gewehr (Rifle, but again, any gun class) and Zauber (Sorcery, but in this case, magic users).... One of the Schwert class Kämpfer (who is a girl all the time) actually wields Sword-Chucks, yo!

In addition, the anime episode titles are all in German (yes, I know German titles on a Japanese anime, but the Japanese seem to like using random German words ALMOST as much as they do random English :lol: )

@Virote: I'll keep that in mind... Although I DO have the Rufus Shinra king unit (although he's packing heat) and my Girl Agent (who has a sniper rifle) might work for the intern... In fact, the outfit she's wearing is a typical "Office Lady" outfit that Japanese Administrative Assistants and Interns would wear (well, not the hat, usually, but everything else fits)... I may get around to doing variants of this unit, but I've got a few more units for my modded Playground Mod and a TON of Final Fantasy mod units in the pipeline, though...

Great work, Hikaro! And excellent job on the transformation!!! You pulled it off perfectly. :goodjob:

Really good morph, Hikaro. You're great at morphing. I'd like to see you do a human/animal morph someday.

Well, I'm eventually thinking about doing a whole series of magical girls, and there is this one magical girl series called "Tokyo Mew-Mew" where all the magical girls turn into animal-girls (i.e. cat-girl, wolf-girl, etc)... Unless your talking about COMPLETE animal transformation as opposed to anthropomorphic animals, that is. ;)

Glad you like it Grandraem. :D

Really good morph, Hikaro. You're great at morphing. I'd like to see you do a human/animal morph someday.

ditto :)

full morph and anthro-promorphic both work

Arachno-guy (man w/ spider abilities becomes bipedal giant spider) :goodjob:

Glad you guys all like him/her! Happy Thanksgiving... My Thanksgiving "Gift" to the forums will be posted soon.

Top Bottom