Reseed!

@Hambil
Unfortunately this cannot be fixed as there is no standard mechanic to add strategic map icons.

Also please note that when reseeding, only resources declared through Resiource Generator will be included. Fortunately most mods that add new resources do rely on it.

Hello Dasta and thank you for the log, I solved the mystery thanks to it.

So it appears that you're using a modified version of Perfect World. I downloaded it and it appears that the lua file has parentheses in its name and civ5 forbids this in "include" statements I guess the devs from Firaxis got a little paranoid regarding the sandboxing of mods and I think no one will blame them for that.

Here is a modified version of the modified version of PerfectWorld, where parentheses have been removed from the file name, with a properly updated modinfo file. I will inform Bobert13 about this.
Using this version of PerfectWorld3 creates a bug: the initial map has mountains but after using Reseed I get no mountains, even though your preview tells me there will be mountains. I tested this without any other mods installed.

EDIT: I ran some tests with Reseed v11 without PerfectWorld and then nothing is wrong. I also noticed that the base of mountains in previews with PerfectWorld have the colour of water where normally they have the colour of grassland (or were it plains?). I'm confused how this comes about and that appearently noone else has this issue.

Have you considered making a version of this for use with the Gauntlets?

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/gauntlet.php

The rules are that mods are frowned upon, but DLC are ok. I know there are 3rd party DLC out there, so if this was a DLC, and _didn't_ have the option to cheat by being able to see hidden resources right off the bat, then it would probably be ok for the Gauntlets.

It would be really useful...

I'm of course talking of a separate (special) version of this then... Parallel to the original.

Is this not compatible with EUI?
Actually not, I am on linux, this happens:
Spoiler :

Only Reseed is enabled.

Hey there,

I can't preview or restart a map. Should I do changes in LUA files? I play Communtiy Patch Project and don't really know what to edit or where to make it work.

Hey there,

I can't preview or restart a map. Should I do changes in LUA files? I play Communtiy Patch Project and don't really know what to edit or where to make it work.

I, too am having a similar crash.

Top Bottom