Future Worlds

So I was thinking of a wonder that I thought was from Civilization Call to Power, but I can't seem to find it.

It was called Panacea, and it increased population growth by quite a bit in all your cities.

The reason I always remember it (from somewhere?) is the quote from a little girl in the wonder video, where she says "Mommy, what's disease?"

We need more Faith....some buildings with +3 and one wonder with + 10 Faith....need Faith to purchase Great Engeeners to construct your new wonders:)

So I was thinking of a wonder that I thought was from Civilization Call to Power, but I can't seem to find it.

It was called Panacea, and it increased population growth by quite a bit in all your cities.

The reason I always remember it (from somewhere?) is the quote from a little girl in the wonder video, where she says "Mommy, what's disease?"

That was the Immunity Chip wonder, wasn't it?

We need more Faith....some buildings with +3 and one wonder with + 10 Faith....need Faith to purchase Great Engeeners to construct your new wonders:)

I hadn't really considered Faith much, since most Faith buildings and wonders are in the earlier eras. It's probably something I could add in when I start working on memes though. Perhaps something like a "Virtual Church" where you could get Faith from Server Hubs, and so on...

hi! this mod is compatible with The Enlightenment Era of Pouakai? thanks

The version that is currently available form the download link isn't compatible. Thanks to whoward, though, the improved version that I'm hoping to release before Christmas will be compatible with it.

I was actually curious if you were considering adding the "AI Entity" from Call to Power as some kind of wonder.

This is a bit specific, but have you considered adding a late-game set of three wonders for the three ideologies? Or would that be a bit much considering the three they already have?

Sounds correct! That one would get my vote for inclusion if possible.

I've got an idea as to how I'll do it, although I'll have to consider what the exact effect will be...

I was actually curious if you were considering adding the "AI Entity" from Call to Power as some kind of wonder.

This is a bit specific, but have you considered adding a late-game set of three wonders for the three ideologies? Or would that be a bit much considering the three they already have?

Well, I've currently got three wonders that reference AIs? It's possible I could do something akin to the AI entity, although I'm not sure how enjoyable the downside would be.

I also still need to incorporate a grey goo scenario somehow...

As for the ideologies, I hadn't really planned on it -- I'm not quite sure what sort of futuristic wonders might apply. I could probably come up with something in time, but currently I don't have plans for it, as I've got enough on my plate now as it is. :p

As I'm still trying to push to get this done in two weeks, I'm hoping someone can help me out with a bit of code. I've removed the Globalization, Mobile Tactics, and Lasers technologies for various reasons. While the effects and units associated with those techs in the core game have been moved, it's entirely possible mods will add in new units or buildings that reference them -- any Infantry replacement, for example. Would anyone be able to give me an example of how I could use SQL to catch any references to those techs in things like <PrereqTech> or <ObsoleteTech>? My plan is for Globalization to default to Internet, Mobile Tactics to Robotics, and Lasers to Satellites.

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a bit of code. I've removed the Globalization, Mobile Tactics, and Lasers technologies for various reasons. While the effects and units associated with those techs in the core game have been moved, it's entirely possible mods will add in new units or buildings that reference them -- any Infantry replacement, for example.

Are you really sure you want to do that?

To allow for any possible usage of those techs, you're going to need 126 UPDATE statements and 29 triggers wrapping a similar set of updates

Spoiler :

Code:
	<Table name="Units">
		<Column name="PillagePrereqTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
		<Column name="PrereqTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
		<Column name="ObsoleteTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
	<Table name="Unit_TechTypes">
		<Column name="TechType" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
	<Table name="UnitPromotions">
		<Column name="TechPrereq" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
	<Table name="UnitPromotions_Terrains">
		<Column name="PassableTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
	<Table name="UnitPromotions_Features">
		<Column name="PassableTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
	<Table name="Resources">
		<Column name="TechReveal" type="text" default="NULL" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
		<Column name="TechCityTrade" type="text" default="NULL" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
		<Column name="TechObsolete" type="text" default="NULL" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
	<Table name="Improvement_TechYieldChanges">
	<Table name="Improvement_TechNoFreshWaterYieldChanges">
	<Table name="Improvement_TechFreshWaterYieldChanges">
	<Table name="Beliefs">
		<Column name="SpreadModifierDoublingTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
	<Table name="Resolutions">
		<Column name="TechPrereqAnyMember" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
	<Table name="Processes">
		<Column name="TechPrereq" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
	<Table name="Policies">
		<Column name="TechPrereq" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
	<Table name="HandicapInfo_FreeTechs">
	<Table name="HandicapInfo_AIFreeTechs">
	<Table name="Traits">
		<Column name="FreeUnitPrereqTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
		<Column name="ObsoleteTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
		<Column name="PrereqTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
	<Table name="Civilization_DisableTechs">
	<Table name="Civilization_FreeTechs">
	<Table name="Buildings">
		<Column name="EnhancedYieldTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
	<Table name="Building_TechAndPrereqs">
	<Table name="AIMilitaryStrategies">
		<Column name="TechObsolete" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
	<Table name="AIEconomicStrategies">
		<Column name="TechObsolete" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)" default="NULL"/>
	<Table name="AICityStrategies">
	<Table name="Technology_DomainExtraMoves">
	<Table name="Technology_TradeRouteDomainExtraRange">
	<Table name="Technology_Flavors">
	<Table name="Technology_ORPrereqTechs">
		<Column name="PrereqTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
	<Table name="Technology_PrereqTechs">
		<Column name="PrereqTech" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
	<Table name="Technology_FreePromotions">

The UPDATEs are of the format

Code:
UPDATE {table_name} SET {column_name}='{replacement_tech}' WHERE {column_name}='{original_tech}';

Are you really sure you want to do that?

To allow for any possible usage of those techs, you're going to need 126 UPDATE statements and 29 triggers wrapping a similar set of updates

Ahhh... that's quite a bit of code!

I do rather like how the tech tree is cleaner without those more vestigal technologies... but that does seem like a rather large amount of coding. I suppose for the time being I'll put the techs back into the tree, and try to shuffle some things around so they aren't quite so vestigal.

Still, having that list will be handy if I decide to mess around with the tree again. Thanks, whoward!

Huh, didn't realize there were three AI-related wonders already. Well, I guess it's probably unnecessary to add the entity.

So, I was curious. Since this is a new era, do you need splashscreens for CulDiv? Or do you already have some? (Or is this still an extension of the Information era?) I was wondering if you needed help finding any, I'd be glad to help.

Huh, didn't realize there were three AI-related wonders already. Well, I guess it's probably unnecessary to add the entity.

So, I was curious. Since this is a new era, do you need splashscreens for CulDiv? Or do you already have some? (Or is this still an extension of the Information era?) I was wondering if you needed help finding any, I'd be glad to help.

I've been working on a couple. :p

Spoiler :

I could always add an AI entity-style event after the AI Tech is discovered (or certain Wonders are built...)

As for the new era splash screens, I'm currently focused on getting what I need to buffed up before releasing in time for Christmas, so I won't be able to add in new eras -- yet. But it's definitely something I'd like to do once I've got this out and can look at how to expand the mod. So keep those splash screens in reserve :D

Wonders which add Science - we don t need on end the technology trees....is Future Worlds v.2 gift for Christmas or we must wait longer?

Wonders which add Science - we don t need on end the technology trees....

Well, that's a bit tough because at least three of my wonders add science in one way or another. But I'll move the Enrichment Centre to Particle Physics so there's more to research after it.

Citadel Station and the Gene Vault have other benefits as well so they should be fine.

is Future Worlds v.2 gift for Christmas or we must wait longer?

My hope is to make it a Christmas present, or New Year's at the latest...

Although, since I've basically been making the mod with "things I have fun with" (like the Enrichment Centre) rather than as the sort of high-quality mod other modders make, I do wonder how many people will end up disappointed it isn't better... XD

Which resource will be used for Arsenal Ship? Missile Cruiser - Strength is 100, move 7, Range 3...what characterictis are for Arsenal Ship?

Which resource will be used for Arsenal Ship? Missile Cruiser - Strength is 100, move 7, Range 3...what characterictis are for Arsenal Ship?

The Missile Cruiser has a base strength of 80 with a ranged attack of 100.

The Arsenal Ship has a base strength of 100 with a ranged attack of 125. It has a range of 3, and moves speed 8. It can also carry 4 missiles, and Hypervelocity Missiles do a ranged attack of 120. As the Guided Missile Cruiser doesn't require resources, the Arsenal Ship doesn't either.

How explain now, my english is not good. FW v. 1 wonder Genome Project. If I want to construct this wonder it is so written - TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GENOME_PROJECT. You have to delete this TXT_KEY_BUILDING_ and again write Genome Project. For version 2 you have done that? And version 2 is Christmas gift or New Year gift?

How explain now, my english is not good. FW v. 1 wonder Genome Project. If I want to construct this wonder it is so written - TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GENOME_PROJECT. You have to delete this TXT_KEY_BUILDING_ and again write Genome Project. For version 2 you have done that? And version 2 is Christmas gift or New Year gift?

I'm hoping that I've got all of the text in place -- I may have missed some here and there, but all of my units, buildings, techs, and so on should have all their names, tooltips, civilopedia entries, etc.

I was hoping to publish it right before Christmas, but it looks like my work contract is going right up to the 23rd, so I'm thinking about posting it on the 26th. Perhaps a bit late for a Christmas present, but hopefully early enough for people to still try and give it a go!

FYI, I wasn't voting against tourism or diplomacy-relevant includes, just predicting their futility. I will be so glad to be wrong.

[Excitation intensifies]

FYI, I wasn't voting against tourism or diplomacy-relevant includes, just predicting their futility. I will be so glad to be wrong.

[Excitation intensifies]

I don't know you'll be wrong, though. :p With all of these people excited to see the mod, I can't help but think someone's going to end up disappointed in the end. XD

Top Bottom