Serps Multiplayer Modpack Improved Gameplay

Hi Serp and everybody,

how can i add this
https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/30ditw/multiplayer_modpack_30_civs_as_dlc_for_use_in/

to your Pack?

Seems not possible to run both Packs at the same time.

I'd kinda like to know this too. I'm working on digging up a ton of mods to make a modpack for me and my friends, and Serp - your mod choices are amazing. I didnt know half of these existed, and they all fix stuff that has annoyed the crap outta me since Civ started (like the border expansion picking, especially). You've got a ton of stuff in yours, and I'd really like to take yours and just add a ton of custom leaders to it somehow, rather than find all the mods and do the whole process. Or better yet, do the modpack process on the civs I want,, and just use my pack and yours together as 2 dlcs.

The reason for this crash could be the one discussed here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14008577#post14008577

If whoward releases a fix, I will include it of course ;)

Serp, first of all I need to make you know that I really love your modpack. It is great and really makes the game so much more interesting.

However, for every single game I've started with it enabled, I always get to a point when I can not progress because of the quoted bug. I've seen that Whoward has already released a fix for that problem, and I was wondering if you could please include that fix in you pack.

One important thing to consider is that whowards fix requires version game to be the last one (.279).

Anyway, regardless of a fix coming up or not, I want to thank you for your effort and for sharing it.

Regards.

Hi all,

I'm not that active with Civ anymore. But if there is a chance to fix some major bugs, I will do this ;)

So lets start with the bugfix question:

Serp, first of all I need to make you know that I really love your modpack. It is great and really makes the game so much more interesting.

However, for every single game I've started with it enabled, I always get to a point when I can not progress because of the quoted bug. I've seen that Whoward has already released a fix for that problem, and I was wondering if you could please include that fix in you pack.

One important thing to consider is that whowards fix requires version game to be the last one (.279).

Anyway, regardless of a fix coming up or not, I want to thank you for your effort and for sharing it.

Regards.
Can you or anyone else link me the fixed version? whoward sometimes upload fixes in a random post so it is often hard to find them. Or is there a new DLL release in which it is fixed?

@ slj8976c and chandrak:
There are hundreds of problems when adding new civilizations. That's the reason why I did not add new civs in my modpack. The biggest problem is, that most civs are designed to only work in singleplayer and will cause problems in multiplayer like desync.
So are you sure all of the civs in this modpack run perfectly without problems? There are alot of modpacks out there, that do not work properly, because of the mentioned issues.
So I don't think I will add new civs to my modpack.

@keldath:
In is stable in mulitplayer yes. Except of the bug mentioned by allbrain and a few desync problems.

I personally don't like 5 units per tile. But it should not be a problem to add it to your own version.
Go to the modpack folder and to "Override" folder. Open Civ5Units.xml with an text editor. Search for "PLOT_UNIT_LIMIT" and change the value to 5.
I'm not sure if this works, but you could try this.

Hi Serp, thanks for taking the time for answering.

Regarding the bug whre teh game crashes when capturing a capital, Whoward reported in his forum thread that this issue is fixed since v67(and later) of his "DLL - Various Mod Components". I copy the forum message where he explains this.

Only issue I foresee is that the version of the game has to be .276 or higher, and I for not know if that means updating additional components...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14017632&postcount=1256

Thanks a million and regards.

Hi Serp, thanks for taking the time for answering.

Regarding the bug whre teh game crashes when capturing a capital, Whoward reported in his forum thread that this issue is fixed since v67(and later) of his "DLL - Various Mod Components". I copy the forum message where he explains this.

Only issue I foresee is that the version of the game has to be .276 or higher, and I for not know if that means updating additional components...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14017632&postcount=1256

Thanks a million and regards.

I think for playing my modpack the gameversion already has to be 0.276 or higher. So for my pack and all with such a version it should be no problem.

I read whowards thread and it looks like there is another CTD issue... which will be fixed in v73 (which is not released yet). And I read that the CP already implemented the Active AI mod, but whoward dind'nt?
All in all I think I will wait until v73 is relaesed.

In the meantime I will implement some fixes for smaller bugs Lynnes sent me during the last months. If the release of v73 takes too long (~ more than two weeks), then I will release a update of my modpack with v72.

I'm not that active with Civ anymore
Damn, Serp, I enjoy your work mate and fixes you have performed on other mods that didn't/never worked properly of which I can use now thanks to you :hatsoff: hat off to ya man

On 28th I will upload the new updated version 17.

Changes:
  • Updated Various Mods Components DLL to v.73. Includes numerous bugfixes. Also updated several other picknmix mods.
  • Updated EUI to 1.28e. Includes alot of new features and bugfixes. I changed the building and plot costs. In orignal 1.28e if you don't have enough money, you see cost-cash. But with my change you just see the costs, like it was before.
  • Deactivated the trade route recall function in MP games.
  • Replaced the old "goody hut choice" promotion from shoshone pathfinder with a new one: In every ruin the pathfinder finds a small amount of gold and culture, depending on current era and gamespeed. (in the auto mapping mod)
  • When you killed a barbarian general you will no longer get a message which every human player can read, but you will get a notification only you can read. And the amount of gold and culture is rounded now.
  • Every player should now receive a notification after the barbarians upgraded and got new skills. (thx Lynnes for bug report)
  • Outpost is no longer buildable by KI, to prevent possible issues and save them from themselves.
  • The unlocker promotions give less XP bonus. Total of 30% instead of 50%.
  • Added Global - City Jungle Bonus (v 1) from whoward. Funding a city on jungle will give a production boost.
  • Added Terrain - Pontoon Bridge mod by whoward. Pontoon bridge can now be build in plots with 2 or more land plots adjacent. Trade Routes are now able to pass pontoon bridges and passable forts.
  • Added UI Wonder planner from whoward. Overview which wonder is already built and which not.
  • Replaced the Ethnic Units mod with the "RED Modpack + Red Just Ethnic Diversity". Now there should be even more different models for units.
  • Fixed a bug in the Beliefs Exp. Pack. The Hunting lodge got no new yields from religions.
  • Added a Civilopedia entry for workable mountains.
  • The descriptions of agriculture, mathematics, gunpowder and dynamite now also includes the new attack range of towns.
    --
  • When meeting a city state, you will now get notified also in multiplayer, which gift you got (thanks whoward for the new event).
  • Airplanes in airbase are now also clickable with the known number shown above the airbase, like it is for cities! (Thanks Barra and Lynnes for the help!)
  • Bugfix for Reforestation mod, when getting a luxury with it. (bugreport Lynnes, Fix JFD)
  • Added whowards "Global - Remove Ghost Routes (v 2)" mod -> You can remove roads from civs that are dead.
  • Fixed a bug in "Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes (v 101)" (bug was on several Maps, like australia and more, were no luxuries.) (thx Lynnes for report)

On 28th I will upload the new updated version 17.

Changes:
  • Updated Various Mods Components DLL to v.73. Includes numerous bugfixes. Also updated several other picknmix mods.
  • Updated EUI to 1.28e. Includes alot of new features and bugfixes. I changed the building and plot costs. In orignal 1.28e if you don't have enough money, you see cost-cash. But with my change you just see the costs, like it was before.
  • Deactivated the trade route recall function in MP games.
  • Replaced the old "goody hut choice" promotion from shoshone pathfinder with a new one: In every ruin the pathfinder finds a small amount of gold and culture, depending on current era and gamespeed. (in the auto mapping mod)
  • When you killed a barbarian general you will no longer get a message which every human player can read, but you will get a notification only you can read. And the amount of gold and culture is rounded now.
  • Every player should now receive a notification after the barbarians upgraded and got new skills. (thx Lynnes for bug report)
  • Outpost is no longer buildable by KI, to prevent possible issues and save them from themselves.
  • The unlocker promotions give less XP bonus. Total of 30% instead of 50%.
  • Added Global - City Jungle Bonus (v 1) from whoward. Funding a city on jungle will give a production boost.
  • Added Terrain - Pontoon Bridge mod by whoward. Pontoon bridge can now be build in plots with 2 or more land plots adjacent. Trade Routes are now able to pass pontoon bridges and passable forts.
  • Added UI Wonder planner from whoward. Overview which wonder is already built and which not.
  • Replaced the Ethnic Units mod with the "RED Modpack + Red Just Ethnic Diversity". Now there should be even more different models for units.
  • Fixed a bug in the Beliefs Exp. Pack. The Hunting lodge got no new yields from religions.
  • Added a Civilopedia entry for workable mountains.
  • The descriptions of agriculture, mathematics, gunpowder and dynamite now also includes the new attack range of towns.
    --
  • When meeting a city state, you will now get notified also in multiplayer, which gift you got (thanks whoward for the new event).
  • Airplanes in airbase are now also clickable with the known number shown above the airbase, like it is for cities! (Thanks Barra and Lynnes for the help!)
  • Bugfix for Reforestation mod, when getting a luxury with it. (bugreport Lynnes, Fix JFD)
  • Added whowards "Global - Remove Ghost Routes (v 2)" mod -> You can remove roads from civs that are dead.
  • Fixed a bug in "Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes (v 101)" (bug was on several Maps, like australia and more, were no luxuries.) (thx Lynnes for report)

It was a long day... but finally the modpack is uploaded!

I hope it is bug free, but if you find any bugs, report them here ;)

I cant unzip the file :/
Why? Is there an error message or simular? Is it while unpacking a specific part of the modpack?
I just downloaded the pack myself and was able to unpack it succesfully with 7zip. So there should be no problem.

Maybe try to download it again, maybe there was an error while downloading.

Lynnes just reported some bugs (and helped fixing them), which were also in v16.

So I just uploaded a new v17. It will be downloadable in ~ 10 minute from now.

Changes are:
Added whowards "Global - Remove Ghost Routes (v 2)" mod -> You can remove roads from civs that are dead.
Fixed a bug from "Reforestation (v 8)" mod (bug was: if a luxury spawns it could cause an error)
Fixed a bug in "Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes (v 101)" (bug was: on several Maps, like australia and more, were no luxuries.)

edit:
is now downloadable.

v16 works like a charm, but I can't get v17 to run properly.
Problem is: I can't build anything in my first city. When I select the city, it's like a blank canvas. Which results in being unable to end the turn. Doesn't matter if mp or sp.

The culprit seems to be within the CityView.lua.
I've copied the one from v16 over to v17, which works so far...

Oh and btw, I've deleted the folders "cache", "ModUserData" and verified the integrity. Just to clear that one up.

Running the DX10 version on Windows 10, don't know if that matters.

v16 works like a charm, but I can't get v17 to run properly.
Problem is: I can't build anything in my first city. When I select the city, it's like a blank canvas. Which results in being unable to end the turn. Doesn't matter if mp or sp.

The culprit seems to be within the CityView.lua.
I've copied the one from v16 over to v17, which works so far...

Oh and btw, I've deleted the folders "cache", "ModUserData" and verified the integrity. Just to clear that one up.

Running the DX10 version on Windows 10, don't know if that matters.
The File CityView.lua is the one from the EUI mod.
So if the file from v16 works for you, that does mean that you have the old EUI files somewhere.

search for UI_bc1 and find out if you have such a folder somewhere in your game directory, which is not the modpack v17.

Top Bottom