Hulfgar's Modpack Extended Edition "Rise of the Machines"

I got to about 250 turns before I noticed I couldn't scroll my tech tree anymore. I haven't been able to find a quick fix for it.

Besides that the mod has been amazing so far. Is there a picture of the complete tech tree I can see somewhere on the forums maybe?

Hi MecaBlight.

I had the same problem than you. No explanation about it.
The only way i found to fix it is using the mod "Enhanced user Interface". If anyone has a different solution, it is welcome.

Skippyciv and MecaBlight usually this tech tree bug is triggered by a missing DLC.

If you don't have Gods and Kings :
* Go in C:\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack .....\DLCs
* Delete the files GodsandKings_XXXXXXXX.xml

If you don't have one of the following Civ/DLC :
Aztecs, Babylon, Denmark, Korea, Mongol, Polynesia, Spain/Inca
* Go in C:\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack ....\DLCs
* Delete the files (sql and xml) related to the Civ/DLC that you don't have.

Sorry, is it intended that I could only capture one enemy city/turn or is it a bug? Because that is what's happening in my current game, a city with 0 HP just won't be able to be captured if I have captured another city at the same turn.

Great mod anyway (despite occasional icon problem that I'm getting in the game), resuscitated my interest back with ciV :goodjob:

hello i_diavolorosso,

is it intended that I could only capture one enemy city/turn or is it a bug?
no it's not intended, are you sure that your unit can capture cities? In my mod some units have lost this ability (tanks, AA guns, AT guns,...)

despite occasional icon problem that I'm getting in the game

have you tried to disable the GPU texture decode option ?

Hi, first off I'd like to say great job on this, I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

But I think I might have hit a bug: I'm currently on turn 376 and have yet to see a single luxury resource or horse in the game. At first I thought I just got really really unlucky when I spawned, but I just met every other Civ in my game after someone started the World Congress and none of them have these resources available in the trade screen. It's making it really hard to keep my people's happiness in the green and locked me out of a lot of units :(

hello DrakoVongola1,

I'm currently on turn 376 and have yet to see a single luxury resource or horse in the game.
Do you use other mods or a custom map?

Hi everybody,

Version 8 is out :

Rebalance the cost of the technologies :
until the Modern Era the total amount of science required to complete an Era should be the same as in the vanilla tech tree.

Corrected a bug with the Armoured Clone Infantry Strategiv View icon.

Added the T-800 Terminator (skin from Tohon, converted by Bouncymisha)
Should Skynet become Self-aware it will produce T-800 near the cities where Advanced Weapon Factories are build.

Air, Military and Naval Academies are now mutually exclusivs. This means that they cannot be build in the same city.
To remove this feature : delete the file "MutuallyExclusivAcademies.xml" in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack ... \XML\Buildings

It requires Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles v12 and Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern v7

A big thanks to Bouncymisha for converting the T-800!

Hello Yaitsbilly,

That load time though...
yes it's a pain, I'm trying to find a way to lower it.

How do I get Enhanced User Interface to work?

you put EUI in the Civ5's DLC folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

I've been running into a bug-when I capture a city the screen giving the options to annex, puppet, or raise it doesn't appear and instead it is auto-annexed. However, there is no reduction in happiness. This doesn't happen every time, though. There is also a minor glitch which might be related because it seems to happen in tandem-when meeting city states the greeting screen doesn't pop up, although the greeting gifts do appear. I can't upload a savegame, sorry, as I deleted the saves because they were resulting in a CTD. I did try clearing the cache, but it didn't solve the problem.

Hi Hulfgar, I disabled GPU texture decode in the options in-game but am still getting graphical glitches after a period of time. Is there anything else I can do to correct it other than playing on a smaller map or lowering my settings?

Hello everybody and happy new year !:D

Mod updated to version 9 :

New tech : Electromagnetic Weaponry

New units :
Removed the Dreadnought Tank and replace it with the Railgun Tank available with Electromagnetic Weaponry.
Spectre VOTL available with Electromagnetic Weaponry
The Spectre is an upgrade of the Banshee VOTL. Heavier, a little slower it has a greater firepower and can fire at a range of 1.
The Banshee can be upgraded as Spectre.

Cyber Artillery available with Cyber Systems, range of 4, can move after firing.

Updated some French translations

Removed the CS units from the Pedia

Bug correction for the Venice Paratrooper

Added The New Zealand's civ from Onmy6

Resize the German Ships

Number of Destroyer per unit set back to 1

Added the Black Army Longswordsman and Pikeman from Zwei833 as units for the Huns

Requires Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles 13, Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern Version 8 and Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles FuturUnits Version 1

Spectre VOTL, Railgun Tank and Cyber Artillery skins are from Bouncymisha

The 3 artfiles mods need to be donwloaded as well : they have been updated.​
(I've split the modern artfiles mod in 2 mods : modern and futur assets).

Hello Highways1,

first sorry for not answering to you sooner, I completely lost track of the thread :(

I disabled GPU texture decode in the options in-game but am still getting graphical glitches after a period of time.

does it help to cold restart the computer and the game? it would clear your memory.

Hi Hulfgar, that's no problem. I've done that but after about 45 minutes or so the same problem occurs. I suppose if I revert to standard maps I'll get more time but I'm surprised because I played huge maps in earlier versions of your mod with GPU texture decode off and there was no issue.

Yes that's strange, I don't think that the new units in the extended edition can explain this, there not so much after all.

That's reminds me that I had a similar problem a while ago, with graphical glitches and leaderheads messed up. I had to disable the LH animations and from memory at the end it was a graphic card driver problem.

Try to update your drivers or to revert back to older drivers.
What is your card and the drivers?

Have you try to verify the game core files?

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't remember exactly but how do I disable the LH animations? Also I reinstalled the game with no change but how do I verify my game core files? My graphics card is an NVidia GTX680.

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't remember exactly but how do I disable the LH animations? Also I reinstalled the game with no change but how do I verify my game core files? My graphics card is an NVidia GTX680.

Try lowering graphics down to medium for all settings except textures, I know I had a problem with my game where after about 45mins of playing the graphics would screw up quite badly. I had everything set to max which made no sense since my computer is quite powerful after some investigating I realized my graphics card was to powerful for the game and after dropping the settings down to medium for all except textures I've had no problems

Top Bottom