How is the DS version

School's starting soon and I gotta get my civ fix on the train there. My local gamestop has it for five bucks

It's good for fun and practice, although not quite as good as the console version.

(1) It doesn't have multiplayer. DS multiplayer support was withdrawn a while back, plus nobody ever seemed to use it anyway.

(2) The maps are smaller than the console version, and obviously the graphics aren't as good.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same as the console version, in terms of the "rules" and how the game works.

Overall, I'd say easily worth $5... although if you find yourself beating deity easily, then set yourself some restrictions, i.e. own no more than 5 or 6 cities. That's what I do, since normally I'd build as many cities as I could, and the AI only ever seem to build 5 or 6, so I'd win every time.

Light Civ on the go sounds reasonable, I dont care about graphics really. and smaller maps would honestly be better because I usually have 30 minutes both ways on the train.
I think i'll go pick it up

I really liked it for short trips like that, because it's never hard to pick it back up when you have a little time on your hands.

Graphics are, to some degree, subjective; I far prefer the DS graphics to the console versions. Much prettier, inn my opinion, amd much easier to see and use.

As for the game itself, as someone who has played every version since Civ 1, Civ Rev DS was my favorite until Civ Rev 2 came out for iOS (and Android?). It's NOT Civ Lite; it's an experience that can best be understood as the first game developed by Sid Meier personally since Civ 1. It's a much more streamlined experience than, say Civ 5, but it's its own entity, with its own strategies, skill sets, and experiences.

For $5, it would be criminal to pass up.

I don't like the DS version of Civ Rev, I actually think its better than Civ Rev 1 for IOS though.

Got this a few months back.

Decent version of a Civ game, just if you play a lot of Civ put it on a higher difficulty or it is way too easy.

Top Bottom