CIV online game develop

GoodZon

Chieftain
Good day to everybody. I`m new on this forum. But I`m fanatic of civ game. Some month ago I start developing CIV game, what must be online web based game.

Now I work to finish user interface. But this work is very hard and I have no enough free time to continuously developing. Thats why I want invite everybody to my teem of developers. For guys who can join to me I can create demo account to show how it`s work in browser.

Now I`m very hard looking for guys who can produce hex tiles for map and produce animate gifs for units. This is very small information about project, but i`ll like to answer to any question.

Questions.
1. Why you start this project if in internet have FreeCiv???
I`m not like FreeCiv because game interface is very worse and game based on old version of civ. I want create game look like civ 5 with my little improvements.

The longer you use in-game graphics on your site, the higher the chances of getting a cease and desist letter from someone or other. I would replace those with public domain stuff until you can get people to make you art.

I could be completely wrong, but as far as I know, when a company comes across something like this, they have to go after you, or risk losing their IP. And maybe Sid Meier is a cool guy (well, he is) and he's told his lawyers not to do that or something, but I thought I'd warn you anyway.

I mean, a cease and desist is not a big deal, it just means you have to respond, say "yes, I'm taking them down now", and take them down. Nothing else happens. But it could still be .. inconvenient. Might not apply if you are actually in Russia. And either way I'm not a lawyer, but I got a cease and desist once and it was annoying.

First of all I'd echo Warpus's comments: you're better off using either open source graphics freely available on the internet.

Secondly I'd echo Narz's comment: This looks pretty cool and I'd totally play test it when you are at that stage.

Finally, I would post this in the Customization and Creation forums instead of here. You'll find a lot more people willing to create graphics, as well as a bunch of people who have already created custom graphics, who might let you use them in your game.

Are the graphics you used from the games a placeholder?

I'd totally playtest it, but don't have the time for modding on my own anymore.

Btw it does look like Battle For Wesnoth.

Top Bottom