War & Peace: A Napoleonic Europe PBEM

I'm OK with this game in 8.1. I'd given up but it's good to see it to the end.

In game:
The Prussian defence was quicker than expected.

English troops withdraw back to their ships.
It seems that the rest of the world is happy to live under French control.
We have tried our best to throw back the evil Napoleon but he has fooled the Europeans into believing he is on their side and we are the enemy.

All that remains is for us to make sure the evil French never again land on British shores.:old:

Perhaps the Europeans will wake up when France turns on them.

The Prussians pulled out all the stops to get enough troops into Denmark to counter you brilliant invasion.
(I was lucky to have my troop transports near by to ferry over troops plus I had some moving up from Prussia by land.:whew: )

Sorry guys, there still is a weird problem.

I played the save and sent it on using civ4pbem mailer which picked up the incoming save and sent it on.

When I looked with file explorer the outgoing save I'd played wasn't there. So I went to replay it but can see the outgoing save through civ.

I'll have to figure out why this should happen, it must be a permissions thing. I vaguely remember having something similar on going to Windows 7 but can't remember what I had to do to sort it out.

Anybody got any ideas?

I've not had time to get to the bottom of it yet.

Thank Lance :goodjob:

Well that explains that. I found the save where you said in the virtual store.

I'd already changed the permissions but not on the full folder.

Anyway I've resent the missing save.

Lets see if it saves properly next time.

I suppose I could use the virtual folder to store all the saves, I'd guess that would work.

GPS to Austria.

Nothing going on.

I guess the reckless start of the British under different command made diplomacy weird for the entire game.

I guess the reckless start of the British under different command made diplomacy weird for the entire game.
I disagree. We discussed it with Lanzelot privately...

I disagree. We discussed it with Lanzelot privately...

?! :confused: But I said the same: the reckless aggression of England in the early game was the main diplomatic factor, which allowed France to create an almost "Europe-wide" alliance against England. I think this would have worked, even without Austria going through three different hands (including the infamous RickFGS...) during that stage of the game.

Technically, I kept all British agreements during the game.
You did not read our one carefully enough and convinced Austria to break our B- A agreement

England remains proud and "coc ks a snoot" at the French lap dogs.

no action
gps

looks like saves are sorted out now :)

edit: not allowed to use rude words then :lol:

GPS to E

Sorry for delay. Been rough lately. I will also be traveling for 2 weeks at the start of may and will be unable to access civ. :(

Top Bottom