GameSpot E3 First Look...13 Screen Shots...

These screenies look really nice :D

I am looking forward to this game *reminds self yet again to get some money and buy a new computer so he can play it*

Mali...screenshots...

*stares happily with broad smile on his face*

Everything looks too dark and difficult to disinguish.

EDIT: also the units, the ship especially, look elongated and dissporpotionate.

Think ther's a patrol option for unit, in the second screenie. First looks like disband, second fortify, sixth pillage, fifth and fourth I don't know.
Screenies look really nice, though. I think I'm satisfied with them.
My hopes for more moves per turn have not come true.
What's the thing with borders reaching deep into ocean?
Will sea squares have biggger role?

I am grateful for the new screenies. :) They look very promising and give a much better idea of what one can achieve with zooming.

Gabryel Karolin said:
I wonder why they included Judaism, its got what... 10 mil followers centered only in two places; Israel and New York?

you're right, sikhism has more followers and it's not in the game is it?

I would like to also have seen a screenshot of a menu or advicer screen. A Civics Option screenshot would have been perfect.

Aks K

I hope they show a world construction screen shot. I want to know if they've made in minor changes to it. The whole CLimate Temperature and age selection isn't that......accuarte. In all my games, I always have the same settings and a noticable number of my worlds simply don't fall into the catorgy I selected(Almost no mountians when I selected a young world)

I hope for new sliders for % of forested/jungle/whatever land, another one for rivers, for deserts maybe. You know beable to customize it even more.

screenshots NEVER work on this site? why is this?

they all are broken links

"http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/129/919352_20050510_screen006.jpg"

RoboPig said:
you're right, sikhism has more followers and it's not in the game is it?

Sikhism has only existed for 500 years...it has not influenced any culture, except for maybe India and possibly Pakistan.

If you go by numbers, we might as well go with Junche, the North Korean philosophy.

Judaism on the other hand, has nearly 6000 years of recorded history. (yes i do count the bible, it has as much credit as any other book back when it was created).

They picked the 7 oldest religions, that still exist.

I just wonder what the mysterious 6th religion is...i did see cities without any religion, but that doesn't rule out paganism.

I'm thinking some kind of Paganism is possible, although I'm wondering if civs that don't have a religion yet are considered to be atheist, or just not having one of the established religions.

I'm sorry but I don't like what I see. I would rather have sn00py's Civ III 2d graphics with the extra features included in Civ IV. The maps which I see in the screenshots look like they are less moddable given that the worlds are a lot smaller to scale and the few large-looking cities looks alien to me. Forget the 3d Firaxis, 2d is king.

Very true, seeing it in motion makes a big difference.

I'm sure if Civ4 is anything like Civ3, this stuff will all be moddable. Given the mod community for Civ3, there should be no problem getting newer graphics for Civ4.

I bet a lot of the modders would be willing to donate their skills to make the graphics better for an advance copy of the game....

You know, I kind of like the link between commerce and culture, entertainment and culture and culture and defense. All of these three linkages I feel will help to limit the horrid Snowball Effect, by stressing quality over quantity (i.e. whats the point of having huge numbers of cities if they have a low cultural identity and, therefore, won't fight as hard to defend their 'national pride' ;)!) Would have been even better, though, if your culture could spread from city to city-and from your nation to other nations.
Although I am glad to see corruption and pollution-in their current form-removed from the game, I really would like to know how the GENUINE effects of corruption and crime will be mimicked! I certainly hope they haven't removed it without putting something better in its place (I know they have talked a lot about health, but I still don't see how that will tie in with the previous corruption system).

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Top Bottom