Anyone have an effective Mercurian Strategy

Living units return as Mercurian Angels of they have a God religion OR were Mercurian units in life. There is one summon in the game that is a living unit: the Mistform. This makes Shadow III an awesome spell in Mercurian hands, as it would allow you to kill units of good religions to claim their souls without declaring war, and if your summon instead dies you still get a free angel. Shadow III can pretty much guarantee an extra angel per turn.

Living units return as Mercurian Angels of they have a God religion OR were Mercurian units in life. There is one summon in the game that is a living unit: the Mistform. This makes Shadow III an awesome spell in Mercurian hands, as it would allow you to kill units of good religions to claim their souls without declaring war, and if your summon instead dies you still get a free angel. Shadow III can pretty much guarantee an extra angel per turn.

This sounds more like a bug than anything.

What happens if you build the Mercurian Gate in a OCC game? Does Basium take your city, and then you lose the game? If you choose to play as the Mercurians and take over the city, is the original civ eliminated?

Simple Answer: You cannot build the Mercurian Gate in an OOC gam, because the Mercurian Gate cannot be built in a Capital City.

(In my version you can build it in your capital, and Basium's Convert City spell can convert any city his team owns but the AI won't use it. In that case, I think you would eliminate your original civ if you switched to the Mercurians and converted your capital. It would probably be wiser just to use your settler. I'm starting to think I should let the AI use it, but remove the weighting and not allow the spell to be used in the capital.)

Top Bottom