Challenge: Ditchdigging the final part of a High-to-Low

Diamondeye

So Happy I Could Die
Be aware that this save is using patch .40s

I started my first high/low challenge today (or atleast, the first two parts of it), and I really got shocked at the poor skill the AI I took over had displayed, so I thought I'd put it up here for a challenge.

Some details about the game; it is a Large Continents game, originally with 11 players. The toggled settings are Living World, Wildlands and All Unique Features. The gamespeed is normal and the difficulty is Monarch.

The game until now:
I picked the Kuriotates civ for starts, because I figured it'd be easy to get running quickly so I could take over someone else. True, around turn 75, I took over Cardith's neighboor Amalanchier, of the Ljosalfar. Since I was Raiders and Defender, and had access to Hunters (against Cardiths Warriors) and soon Gilden and Archers, I decided to take out Cardith (who I had overexpanded to the point of economic breakdown). I quickly rampaged his main cities, leaving a lot of small settlements scattered around the continent.

The other civs I had met were Khazak (west), Sheaim (south) and Elohim (west). Khazak killed off Elohim. Now, they came for Kuriotates. So did Keelyn, of the Balseraph, who was in the top spot. I decided to attack the Sheaim, so utilizing my newly teched Worldspell, March of the Trees, I killed off some Sheaim and took 2 Sheaim cities and 2 Barb cities. Burning a GS for a Golden Age and the gold from my plunderings, I pushed my points over Keelyns. I made sure with the Sheaim, who had around 650 points, just below Khazad. I topped Keelyn just above 1100-1200 points.

So the final switch happened:

We are now the Svartalfar, on a continent with a powerhouse Falamar and an odd Luchuirp.

On the continent we left are:
Amalanchier (FoL founder)
Keelyn (RoK follower)
Tebryn Arbandi (FoL follower)
??? (not Arturus, the other Khazak) (RoK founder).

The main issue here is that we are bordering two people who doesn't like us, and we have a completely ruined economy. It looks as if Faeryl has simply spammed archers and then cast her worldspell.

Good luck to all of those who try this! :lol: :cooool:

Loaded it up and took a look. Definitely looks tenable. I'll give it a shot over the weekend and post up a log. That great merchant will probably play a big role in this. Looks like they got it from that smugglers port in Brekkah which they must of had an event give them. Very cool!

Yeah, but don't move the GM too far in the south. Nasty Hill Giant there ;)

Unfortunately don't think I have the time to try this. I'm actually still working on my first high to low too (been a while though... I'm getting back to it eventually). Had quite a scare and reloaded it when I first switched civs to tech boost the right civ to be weakest, because out of all people, I was switching into a Minister Koun (who was somehow spawned from the second weakest person, who wasn't even in a permanent alliance with him :lol:) I figure the best strategy is to be very careful about your last switch - basically I'm thinking kill everyone off but the civ you'll switch too, and then when you're going to reach the score pillage all your own land/delete your units, for an easy win. It is harder when there are more civs left, makes for a lot of warmongering, I'd definitely recommend not taking vassals. But here you're already at the last civ so I guess good luck with that.

Top Bottom