Civilization V: Brave New World Fall Patch Public Beta

Spoiler :

The Hanse unique building for Germany not only gives a 5% boost per city-state trade route to production, but to food, science, and gold as well. I did the calculations, and it would appear that it's not just a bug in the text, but that the Hanse truly is multiplying these values. I don't know how to upload a save file, but I imagine that it would be very easy to recreate... Though, I wouldn't mind if you guys kept that in. ;)

Good catch, thank you.

Also, another small, possible bug:

GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass for the Samurai is still the Musketman instead of the Rifleman.

I finally failed to convert a barb after 9 successes in row. Guess i will fail 4 in a row.

I didn't posted to add this however. There is a small difference between how Germany's UA is described and how it works. The Start Screen and Civilopedia state that you have a chance to convert a unit when you kill it in a camp, while actually you have a chance to gain a unit when you raze the camp. The difference is that killing a barb in camp with an archer will never give you a unit, but razing and empty camp (after the unit on guard was killed by an archer) can. This is not a bug, but i guess you intend to have the Civilopedia as clear as possible. It might also be an old issue, but i've never played Germany before.

Just started a beta game with Germany and cleared a camp with archer. Got a free spearman from that camp next turn.

EDIT: Nevermind, misread ya. ;)

I doubt this is a bug, but I was looking forward to a beefed up Japan, I had to start a few times until I got any sea resource at all...then found no iron(after changing map type to large islands) for samurais anyway.

Then I start a new game. random map type, Germany. start with 2 fish and 1 pearl next to settler...grrrr...

edit; german UU requires merc army, which is an SP which only works for one civilization? dramatic changes indeed...It seems to remove some of the freedom in SP choice

Thanks for the chance of some input...back to bug hunting...

that to me is a balance thing to keep it at Musketmen, as a free rifle even at that point is very powerful.

Yes, you're probably right. I just wanted to throw it out here in case it's possibly something that was overlooked.

But, what about Knights (or unique Knights) ancient-ruin-upgrading to Cavalry, which is another very similar example with very similar strength numbers?

I guess one of the differences is that you free up a strategic resource with the Rifleman and can build another Samurai.

Thanks a lot for the patch Firaxis!:) I'm excited to be able to use it. With the exception of perhaps the underwhelming changes to Japan, the balance tweaks look like they will seriously change the game for the better. :goodjob:

I'm suspicious that the DLL code included in the beta SDK is still the old version, and is not what's compiled for the beta software. I have already found one place where the save file format doesn't match the DLL code. It might be interesting to do a diff on the "old" and "new" code sets. I've posted a bug report to this effect in the CFC bug forum.

I'm suspicious that the DLL code included in the beta SDK is still the old version, and is not what's compiled for the beta software. I have already found one place where the save file format doesn't match the DLL code. It might be interesting to do a diff on the "old" and "new" code sets. I've posted a bug report to this effect in the CFC bug forum.

I originally reported that one in August. ;)

I originally reported that one in August. ;)

In that case, is there much point in browsing old source for new problems? Or do you have access to later source that isn't in the beta SDK?

In that case, is there much point in browsing old source for new problems? Or do you have access to later source that isn't in the beta SDK?

Oh, I was just saying that between the BNW launch source and today's source it hasn't been changed (I thought you were implying that it might be unique to the beta source).

Are we debating at cross purposes?

Based on very limited evidence, I surmise that Firaxis have not released the source for the current beta yet, and the source we have in the beta SDK is still the old released version. If my guess is correct, there would be no point in code crawling in the beta SDK to find out what has or hasn't changed in the actual beta of BNW, as we won't find any changes. The only way to discover whether a particular bug is fixed is to test for it in the app.

Are we debating at cross purposes?

Based on very limited evidence, I surmise that Firaxis have not released the source for the current beta yet, and the source we have in the beta SDK is still the old released version. If my guess is correct, there would be no point in code crawling in the beta SDK to find out what has or hasn't changed in the actual beta of BNW, as we won't find any changes. The only way to discover whether a particular bug is fixed is to test for it in the app.

The source has been updated in the beta though. There is a thread showing exactly which files were updated. Also, many of the files show themselves as having been last modified yesterday when I downloaded the SDK beta.

Hmm. Interesting. The file where I expected to find a change in the serialization code is CvPlot.cpp, and the change still isn't there even though the file date is today.

I don't suppose the long standing Farm graphics bug that crops up with mods is being addressed? I didn't see it anywhere :(

I ran into an old bug that was patched out awhile ago (I thought).

I received a notification that Babylon was protecting a City State I met (not same turn, maybe 1 or 2 turns later) -- and I had not yet met Babylon.

The source was not updated. We'll send it up with tomorrow's beta update.

Top Bottom