Onan's Speed-Optimized GMR Game

Yep the civs and colors got a little messed up in the beginning. I'm actually Russia, but with Chinese colors. :)

Yep the civs and colors got a little messed up in the beginning. I'm actually Russia, but with Chinese colors. :)

Oh so we do have two Russias in the game then? I guess my question is do we have two Songhais or is the other Songhai actually Siam? I'm really confused. My Capitol is Timbouctu which is the second city for Songhai which means someone got the city of Gao.

Oh so we do have two Russias in the game then? I guess my question is do we have two Songhais or is the other Songhai actually Siam? I'm really confused. My Capitol is Timbouctu which is the second city for Songhai which means someone got the city of Gao.

I have the other Russia so we are playing with 2. I want to see if we can make the game run out of city names. :mischief:

The other Songhai is actually Siam . And I'm the one who got the city of Gao instead the city of Sukhotai,which should be my capital instead . But I guess Sukhotai will be the name of my second city .

Why hello to my neighbors the Russians. It appears that is my face that your elbow is resting upon. Shall we gather in a circle, hold hands and sing Kumbaya or will I be faced with the indelicate choice of warring with the creator of this giant multiplayer robot? :)

What are these Songhais doing settling near my illustrious capital? I don't recall being consulted on this. I have no desire to lock our two nations in conflict and thus I am willing to give you the opportunity to prove yourself a friendly and beneficial neighbor. May peace be between our great people, else war ruin us all. ;)

Those must be the bad fake Songhai settling near your capitol. I hear that they are actually Siamese and merely wearing Songhai colors to fool you. We know that the wise Catherine of Russia would never fall for such tricks that more gullible rulers are susceptible to.

As you will see when we allow you to explore our small and weak empire, there is no where else to build a city that is not already inhabited by minor city states or fake Songhais masquerading as true African desert peoples. Our scouts have seen a mighty expanse of fertile Russian grassland stretching as far as the eye can see to the east. The Songhai rulers are not greedy. Was it not your own great writer and philosopher Лев Никола́евич Толсто́й who wrote the short story "How Much Land Does a Man Require?" Six feet from head to toe...

The diplomacy of this game is getting more and more interesting.

Ramsy of Egypt decides to be nice to his neighbours and settle towards more remote area, but he does want to claim all of one type of lux resource to be the monopoly supplier of that lux. Generally Ramsy wants to do business with all mighty nations and tries his best to avoid international conflict:)

Strange, I only just got an email notification there was a new post in this thread, but I haven't seen a lot of stuff.... Hopefully will work better now.

Yes, Egypt, we Romans decided settling the river near you would be on your doorstep...we've gone elsewhere...though it seems that we share a doorstep with India. Well, 'share'. :borg:

It would be a great to read an ongoing report of what's going on in this game, but I guess that would give each player's strategies/situation open to others so it might not work.. :p

edit: oops I read only the first page, there are small reports of the game, cool. I love to read this kind of stuff.

It would be a great to read an ongoing report of what's going on in this game, but I guess that would give each player's strategies/situation open to others so it might not work.. :p

edit: oops I read only the first page, there are small reports of the game, cool. I love to read this kind of stuff.

Honestly in a game like this, I feel like geographic locations and diplomatic dispositions will be well known. I for one will likely reveal most things in the course of the game. Obviously what wonders are currently being built and such will probably not be revealed until they are done so someone else can't GE it before hand.

Hail to the Russian-Chinese! :)

Strange, I only just got an email notification there was a new post in this thread, but I haven't seen a lot of stuff.... Hopefully will work better now.

Yes, Egypt, we Romans decided settling the river near you would be on your doorstep...we've gone elsewhere...though it seems that we share a doorstep with India. Well, 'share'. :borg:

Ramsy recognize the friendly intention from the wise Roman leader. Ramsy would like to negotiate a future city spot with the Roman leader: Egypt is going to settle one city on top of the mining lux near the river just mentioned. It will not claim the calendar resource and Eqypt only wish to trade for that unique lux later from Roman when opportunity presents.

The Romans also wish to greet our neighbours, the Indians. We know our settlement near your capital may seem quite aggressive, however the site is nearly equidistant between our capitals, and the Roman people desperately needed access to fresh water. We hope you will understand our plight. We look forward to a close relationship (Potentially even mutually defensive? We are open to anything.), and can foresee trading some of our aromatic incense for your fine wines.

Ramsy recognize the friendly intention from the wise Roman leader. Ramsy would like to negotiate a future city spot with the Roman leader: Egypt is going to settle one city on top of the mining lux near the river just mentioned. It will not claim the calendar resource and Eqypt only wish to trade for that unique lux later from Roman when opportunity presents.

If Gordon Ramsy is talking about the lux to the SE of your capital, this should not be a problem as, from memory, this area seems more within your orbit than ours. We will consult with our advisors and confirm later. We are open to all trades, however do not remember the calendar lux of which you speak, and may also be constrained by trades offered first to our closer neighbors. We shall see what develops!

(it's funny how many of us are online, possibly reading this thread at the moment)

Wish greetings from the foreigner Songhai,which found the lost Songhai city of Gao,which forgotten legends says that was the city where the glorious Songhai came from :lol:

Top Bottom