The DYOS Consul (DYOS X: 2007-2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Postpone Swedishguy's comic until the story has developed further?
Votes in Favour: 3
Votes Against: 5

MOTION FAILS

HOWEVER, considering kulade's introduction, Swedishguy should consult with him on how to proceed.

I'll have my own comic on how I enter the ASC base. I don't think being pulled in by a tractor beam and being searched is it. So until then, I recommend that the Omega Battleship does not reach Earth/CivFanatics until I say it's ready to (as it is my ship and my characters are in it...)

You might also wonder where the clone Omega Battleship came from.
Apolyton, being a Civ forum has Omega Battleships in their boards because they're a Civ unit

So since Kulade is the villain of the story, I would like to introduce another character I could use as a protagonist. So I can be a primary character and only control Kulade on special confrontations. Any ideas for a character?

Hmm. Since Kulade is a cyber-jug-of-juice...
Whoa. Let me get my head around that.
...The protagonist should be something to counter those qualities, like a 100% organic energy bar, or something.

Or it could be an MI-6 agent employed by a rival food company. Can't go wrong with a spy!

That makes me think. How about a gallon of Soy Milk? That's a healthy alternative to kool-aid. His secret mission will be to take out kulade or something general like that.

I like... I like...

Sorry to hear you go, tailless! A damn shame, too; I felt you had one of the more intriguing story arcs.

I'll try to keep your spirit alive. :salute:

I have an idea! Kulade of a different flavor! :lol:

How does this look? The left is the half-gallon protagonist "Curdle" and the big one on the right is the boss back at the HQ:

I was thinking maybe Styles could meet up with Curdle at the Braxis Eatery.

That's giving me the lolz! :goodjob:
The introduction sounds good, too. Hopefully Stylesrj will approve.

Aaaaargh. If there's one thing we don't need in this comic, it's new characters and plot points. At the moment, there are so many characters that I canb't remember 1/3 of them, and the plot is so confusing and hole-ridden that I just have no freakin' idea what's going on.

Point taken, but I think most of these continuity troubles are primarily at the hands of a select few posters.

Now, I'm trying to be as nice as I can when I say Stylesrj, tone it down. You seemed to have made improvement in the beginning of the thread, but now you're sinking back into that destructive cycle of DYOSes past. May I recommend that you look over your early works from DYOS 5, so as to see what made those works so enjoyable, as well as how you advanced the story so clearly. I hate to have to say it, but not only do you seem to be progressing rather clumsily through your story, your comics are rather boring.

Please, don't take it personally. I mean this as constructive criticism; God knows we've seen enough flaming to last its own story. But I don't want to see DYOS X crash and burn like so many others, or this whole concept of the consul will have been for naught.

To understand my charectors, all you need is a absic knowledge of Civ and to read my comics.

Here is my (hopefully) linier plot so far.

-I die. Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda take over.
-The train crashes and my team goes into space.
-We meet Stylesrj, then get lost again when Starbug crashes. Wanda gets captured and is now with choxorn for now.

You forgot Cosmo being mind-controlled.

And most of the characters are either Stylesrj's SEALS or e350tb's enemy foreign leaders.

Here's my basic plotline:

-I am ambushed by the mindless drone and his army at Mt. Kilimanjaro.
-A battle ensues there between Stylesrj, the army, and Commodore SEAL. I, meanwhile, escape on to Rtas Vadumee's Phantom, which has been taken over by the Mindless Drone.
-I end up frozen, captured, and meet with Wanda in a prison sell under the ASC's Antarctic Base. Later, we get rescued by Stylesrj and Kwai, or rather by a pizza delivery guy.
-I use Stylesrj's Arbiter to search for Rtas's Phantom, and find a way to retake it. Unfortunately, I find it, plus a very large fleet commanded by Prophet SEAL, which chases me for a while, and then I crash into the hangar Prophet SEAL's Cruiser.

It's more complicated than e350's, or mythmonster's, but it's far less complicated than Stylesrj's.

Heh, yeah mine is pretty simple
-I get captured by avatars.
-Nuke explodes
-I'm in the air. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks to you three :)

My story so far:
- I get killed by my old Cavlary avatar
- Cavalry decides to contact the SEALs and exchange the info from my computer for the Luxury Diamond
- which will allow him to activate his shapechanging power permanently.

I should see what made my first comics good...
I know, it always happens. It starts off good, but then it degrades as I advance... I just don't know why it happens.

If I were to summarise my comics, it'd be a pretty big list as so much happened in about 21 comics.

Now the Braxis Eatery thing would be good, meeting the rival kulades. Go for it

You know, I was thinking. I think DYOS has lost allot of value not because it has no storyline, but because the joke value has decreased. I think we should really focus on making jokes rather than writing a novel.

Crazy idea, huh?

EDIT: I'll probably make a comic for the Braxis Eatery soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom