The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
Continued from HERE:

The house in on a cement foundation, with a crawlspace yes.

With only one entrance?

Raccoons don't want to get scared away from a nest. But if they have babies there, they also don't want you to disturb the kiddies. So constantly looking in on them will make momma nervous. I'd try scattering a whole lot of mothballs in there and see if the smell will disturb them enough to leave. You might have to call animal control and have them tranked, trapped, and relocated. You can get them falling down drunk by soaking food with booze and giving it to them. And then you may be able to remove them. But they are a wild animal, and not a weak one. So that's not really good for enclosed spaces. You could try to make it so noisy that they can't stand it. Lay the face of a stereo speaker on the floor above them and crank it up. Or you could burn a lot of newspaper and smoke them out.

Probably because it was cheaply made short sword that could be easily handled by the marginally trained in confined spaces. It was also heavy and tough enough for use as double duty as a tool.

With only one entrance?

Raccoons don't want to get scared away from a nest. But if they have babies there, they also don't want you to disturb the kiddies. So constantly looking in on them will make momma nervous. I'd try scattering a whole lot of mothballs in there and see if the smell will disturb them enough to leave. You might have to call animal control and have them tranked, trapped, and relocated. You can get them falling down drunk by soaking food with booze and giving it to them. And then you may be able to remove them. But they are a wild animal, and not a weak one. So that's not really good for enclosed spaces. You could try to make it so noisy that they can't stand it. Lay the face of a stereo speaker on the floor above them and crank it up. Or you could burn a lot of newspaper and smoke them out.

Only one useable entrance. This Mom is pretty nervous of us. I've ran into her a couple times walking around my house, and she just ran. The city won't do anything about it for some reason. They just say they don't do that kinda thing or just refuse.

Why are questions-not-worth-their-own-threads without titles?

...I don't understand. Are you asking why this thread doesn't have it's own title, or why each question can't have it's own thread? OR am I completely off? :p

Only one useable entrance. This Mom is pretty nervous of us. I've ran into her a couple times walking around my house, and she just ran. The city won't do anything about it for some reason. They just say they don't do that kinda thing or just refuse.

Then try a few things like I listed and see if you can make it unpleasant enough for her to leave. And then block the entrance so that she can't get back in. Is the mom going out and leaving the babies behind?

Question: At a certain musician's concert, in the middle of the summer, at Florida, there was heat lightning. And he got a bad electrical shock from the microphone. (I don't know if it was an indoor or outdoor venue.) What could cause this?

EDIT: I dont think this will matter but in case it does, it was in 1978.

Humidity conducts electricity well.

A few years ago my sister and I found two young raccoons around our house and called some animal sanctuary or something. They had us capture the raccoons ourselves and drive them to the place. It was certainly not easy, but we got the job done without getting bit :lol:

We corned them (they didnt like that) and forced them into a cat carrier (which they didnt like either, but couldnt do anything about it.)

But yeah there was only two and they werent under our house. I dont really know what to tell you. Maybe getting them drunk isnt a bad idea.

Question: At a certain musician's concert, in the middle of the summer, at Florida, there was heat lightning. And he got a bad electrical shock from the microphone. (I don't know if it was an indoor or outdoor venue.) What could cause this?

EDIT: I dont think this will matter but in case it does, it was in 1978.

It is quite possible in 1978 if there was a mike stand it could have acted as a lightening rod that attracted the bolt of lightening.

It could also have been in a building that did not have good grounding and the electrical discharge traveled through the wiring in the building including the wiring for the sound system.

Why am I posting in this thread without a decent question so that I can subscribe to it?
because you're unaware of the subscribe to thread function in the drop down menu under thread tools. :D

I live to serve.

A bug bomb is not a great solution. We have tried non-toxic smoke bombs on our farm in the past, they are roundly ineffective. A poisonous gas would work, but by god you don't want to use it on a house.

If you can't catch the critters safely because the space is too enclosed to allow you freedom of movement, animal control won't help, and an exterminator is too expensive, then depending on local laws and the backstop your best bet is probably a .22 rifle with low velocity shorts. Call a friend with experience if you do not have any. The backstop and danger of ricochet needs proper assessment.

For the Archives, I have a magazine article from Spring 1999 (it appears to be a quarterly publication?). For purposes of the page listing them, I put it before March/April/May (this is northern hemisphere by the way). But should I perhaps do it the other day?

For the Archives, I have a magazine article from Spring 1999 (it appears to be a quarterly publication?). For purposes of the page listing them, I put it before March/April/May (this is northern hemisphere by the way). But should I perhaps do it the other day?

March 21 to June 21 is considered Spring. June 21 to Sept. 21 is Summer. Sept 21 to Dec. 21 is Fall. Dec. 21 to March 21 is Winter.

Another question: I'm still waiting to get my wisdom tooth removed. For now the doctor told us to use something called Orajel when the tooth hurts. So we got some. And today it was hurting and I put some on. But maybe I put it on wrong because there's drool going all over the place. Is this normal?

Any sort of numbing agent in the mouth can and will induce drooling in sufficient quantity. You can try putting less on, but then it won't numb as well. You could try not eating/drinking for a while after application to reduce the amount the gel travels in the mouth, but ultimately, its probably dependent on the dosage.

because you're unaware of the subscribe to thread function in the drop down menu under thread tools. :D

I live to serve.

Yeah, I always see people posting nothing posts going on about subscribing. I never understood what the point of that was either, unless it was a post count thing. I asked in site-feedback not too long ago and it's a mystery to them as well (as to why people don't see the 'thread tools' menu). :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom