The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's considered a bait-and-switch.

I thought that meant, they put something on sale real good. But they dont have a lot. But they put something similiar but real expensive nearby.

@Boundless: Maybe you could try out Civ and get involved for real :mischief: (I'm assuming you joined the site due to Abaddon.)

Also, a great way to pass time is to watch movies. Preferably old ones. Then, afterwards, you can come and discuss them here :D

@Boundless: Maybe you could try out Civ and get involved for real :mischief: (I'm assuming you joined the site due to Abaddon.)

A good, big map, and put that on Marathon. If it's Civ IV I would recommend the mod called Giant Earth Map. Well, if your computer has enough memory.

I haven't played Civ V a whole lot. Because I keep getting killed off. I'm no good at it. :(

My laptop keeps crashing (or, more like freezing) when I play it after an amount of time, so I haven't been able to enjoy Civ IV :( (It's not the performance - Google Earth makes it crash too, along with Windows Chess).

But yeah, I loved the Earth maps. God I wanna play a Mongol-game right now.

A good, big map, and put that on Marathon. If it's Civ IV I would recommend the mod called Giant Earth Map. Well, if your computer has enough memory.

With Rise of the Mankind mod you have gigantic map and can play it at snail-pace. There's also big amount of extra stuff, so it's possible to kill a whole 4 months with it.

I haven some almost-expired Pepto-Bismol tablets. Is there any cool stuff I can do with it instead of just tossing it?

If you want to play Civ then play CivIII.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate question removed. Remember it's PG-13, and this pretty much covers all questions involving one's nether regions.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

With Rise of the Mankind mod you have gigantic map and can play it at snail-pace. There's also big amount of extra stuff, so it's possible to kill a whole 4 months with it.

I did one game like that, but got bored nearly halfway through. For the hardcore only. My main problem with a game like that is when you already got the lead, there's hardly any point in playing the rest of the game at snail's pace.

When you get to about half-way through, it begins to take about a minute to wait each turn even with a mod that makes it faster.

In a newspaper I saw an apartment for rent but you need to pay $50 to apply. Is that a scam?

Most places you need to pay a deposit to move in, but not to apply. Sounds like a scam.

It may not actually be a scam. But what they are trying to do is filter out the people that aren't serious about going there and being good tenants. You aren't going to put money up front if you don't plan on following through.

edit: oops

Reading eventually gets boring. :p

Anyway, I've already read the entire Civilopedia.
This is when you stop playing and start modding. With the exception of a few trial games to make sure everything is working right and to look at mechanics, I haven't played a full game of civ in over two years.

I have the same company for wireless internet as I have for my cell phone. For 199 kronor (bit over 30 dollars) I have unlimited internet through the cellphone network at 21 mb/s (7-8 according to speed tests). This means that I can download many gigabytes per month from other countries but I have to pay 50 cents when I send textmessages that are a few hundred bytes to other countries. Does this make sense?

I have the same company for wireless internet as I have for my cell phone. For 199 kronor (bit over 30 dollars) I have unlimited internet through the cellphone network at 21 mb/s (7-8 according to speed tests). This means that I can download many gigabytes per month from other countries but I have to pay 50 cents when I send textmessages that are a few hundred bytes to other countries. Does this make sense?

Yes, they like to make money. You could send e-mails, or just talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom