The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Anyways, I could see it being potentially abusive, but if there's government over-site of some kind, I don't really see a problem with polygamy/polyandry.

There would also need to be some sort of contract involved beyond a simple marriage certificate or whatever. Inheritance, child custody, etc. Does a polygamous marriage dissolve upon the husband's death? Alimony and child support for a divorced wife and her children?

Lots more paperwork it seems like, but I'm not totally against polygamy/polyandry either.

There would also need to be some sort of contract involved beyond a simple marriage certificate or whatever. Inheritance, child custody, etc. Does a polygamous marriage dissolve upon the husband's death? Alimony and child support for a divorced wife and her children?

Lots more paperwork it seems like, but I'm not totally against polygamy/polyandry either.

Reasonable rules for this could most likely be worked out, though they are going to be complicated. It might have to be a sort of situation where all parties involved in the marriage are essentially married to each other for the purposes or custody/inheritance rights.

There also become the issue that there is going to need to be an upward limit of involved parties somewhere along the time just from a bureaucratic point of view. You don't actually want to deal with a 4,000 person commune that has married itself to itself. The marriage would become immortal, like a corporation. And those are just so much fun, we need to throw custody into the mix with them as well.

Question about Islam. I heard that they are supposed to pray facing Mecca. I live across the street from a mosque, and it got me thinking. Which way do they pray in Las Vegas? You can reach Mecca by going east or west. So which direction do they pray?

Question about Islam. I heard that they are supposed to pray facing Mecca. I live across the street from a mosque, and it got me thinking. Which way do they pray in Las Vegas? You can reach Mecca by going east or west. So which direction do they pray?

They are supposed to determine which direction is the shortest distance and go from there. Of course, there has to be some place where the distances are equal. And they would just have to make the call on that. I think I heard that the plan when a Muslim was in space was just to face the Earth.

They are supposed to determine which direction is the shortest distance and go from there. Of course, there has to be some place where the distances are equal. And they would just have to make the call on that. I think I heard that the plan when a Muslim was in space was just to face the Earth.

Hadn't even thought of Muslim cosmonauts. Things are gonna be more complex when we get around to colonizing Mars.

So what's the deal with Google+...? How is this thing significantly different enough from Facebook to make me want to spend all the time and effort of transferring picture albums, contacts, and other information...?

Have you thought of looking at younger women?

Would a younger 20 something woman be creeped out with an older 20 something man approaching and dating her?

If you're smooth enough, no, there's nothing wrong with dating a younger lady. That's one of the good things about being a dude: you can continue to develop yourself, becoming more interesting and attractive as you get older.

There's a great scene from The Scent of a Woman that I wish was still on Youtube (at least its entirety).

How long would you let coffee sit in the pot before you determine it is no longer "fresh" enough to drink? I made a pot about 90 minutes ago and I'm still drinking from it. How old is too old?

I drink coffee over 1/2 a day old ...

EDIT: but if you're talking about coffee from a filter - that's never fresh enough to drink :p

That's for guys. The inverse is true for women.

So it's really like this

(Age_male / 2) + 7 >= Age_female

EDIT: nevermind, my math seems off.

what does it mean when a male is called an "animal"?

They're wild. With the associated behavioural and sexual connotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom