The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK thanks.

Question: Someone laughed at me for using the thread "letting dead horses lie." And then they called me an idiot. Why did they do that? I thought it was a common phrase.

Lets say your in your car on a hill stopped at a traffic light. You hold the car still by squeezing off the clutch and just letting the clutch hit the flywheel to make the car move a little.
Does that damage the car? Specific question just want to get as much use out of my batmobile as poss... :D

Lets say your in your car on a hill stopped at a traffic light. You hold the car still by squeezing off the clutch and just letting the clutch hit the flywheel to make the car move a little.
Does that damage the car? Specific question just want to get as much use out of my batmobile as poss... :D

It's difficult to do. And the clutch plate is a wear item. Meaning that it is a part that will wear out, and have to be replaced. This action will wear out the clutch much faster than using the brakes. And a clutch is an expensive item to replace. So short answer is hard to do and will wear out the car.

Why can't people just let Lady Di be dead rather than constantly bringing her name up in everything?!?!? :wallbash:

Most of you I imagine know my site. But now on it, currently I got Magazine Articles and Newspaper Articles. But I want to add another category for ... Just about anything else, like ads and press releases and tourbooks and interviews and fanclub newsletters. Whats a good, general name for that. That won't look bad on the site menu.

Other Media?

Tom Petty Funland?

Most of you I imagine know my site. But now on it, currently I got Magazine Articles and Newspaper Articles. But I want to add another category for ... Just about anything else, like ads and press releases and tourbooks and interviews and fanclub newsletters. Whats a good, general name for that. That won't look bad on the site menu.

"Misc."
"Extras"
"Other"
"More"

I added it as "Other Stuff."

What does the " People you might know " thing mean on Facebook ? It's not people with whom I have mutual friends . It threw up someone I did know , but usually it doesn't .

I think it looks at friends of friends, your location relative to other person's location.

People you went to the same school as.

If you have made a note of your employer (and the other person did as well), that may be one of the clues Facebook is using to spam you with potential friends.

The cat barfed on some rechargeable batteries (don't ask). Is there a way to clean them or should I dispose of them?

The cat barfed on some rechargeable batteries (don't ask). Is there a way to clean them or should I dispose of them?

Use a napkin of cloth. Unless they stink really bad, I think they should be fine.

Why does chicken (or any sort of meat) change color when cooked?

Why does chicken (or any sort of meat) change color when cooked?

The blood changes from oxygenated red to darker brown. If "white" meat changes to a color other than white, you may be in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom