The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does chicken (or any sort of meat) change color when cooked?

With chicken, to let you know it isn't going to kill you when you eat it, same with burger meats :)

With steak, it's to let you know it's overcooked. Warm it up, knock the horns off, and walk it through.

Has the forum's font changed for everybody else, or did I go hitting a button without realising it?

You hit a button.

You didn't ctrl+scrollwheel did you? I do that from time to time without realizing. The resize can feel like a different font.

Have the crime rates changed in the US the last years? Poverty and crime are supposed to be extremely correlated. Have we seen this?

As I understand it, the current crime trends (keep in mind that the correlated date lags somewhat behind the current date) is not really moving as expected in the "poverty = crime" correlation. Though I don't know what other factors are impacting it in all cases.

In the case of auto theft, the reports are that this is down because a much higher percentage of vehicles built in the past decade have integral good anti-theft equipment installed.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

What city in the world has as much of these facilities as possible?
-tourist trap
-space center
-military base
-toxic waste dump
-farmer's market

What city in the world has as much of these facilities as possible?
-tourist trap
-space center
-military base
-toxic waste dump
-farmer's market

Odd list. Not too many big cities have space centers. You may be limited to Houston.

Whatever city you just built in SC4K.

Well yes obviously. I'm wondering which real-life city would be the closest to a fully-developed SC4 city.

As an aside, what hazardous waste do they dump in Houston?

The closest probably has to be Houston or Huntsville Alabama. Some of the Soviet space launching centers might work, but they don't quite have the tourist trap quite down.

Oh, Houston's perfect then. :thumbsup:

Could be profitable. Or not, depending on the exchange rates and how they vary during the existence of your loan.

If I remember correctly, a "lot" of Norwegians had mortgages in Japanese Yens or Swiss Franks during the 90's. Not sure how they all fared with it though.

Lots of UK local councils put all their money into Icelandic banks.

I can't remember how that worked out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom