The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since home loan interest rates ( and IR' s in general) are lower overseas than Australia , what is stopping me from getting a loan from a foreign bank ? Maybe it's nothing but I don't hear of anybody doing it ?

2 factors: A bank has to be licensed to do business in an area to make loans there. And a bank would have a much harder time determining if it would be a good idea to make the loan, and so wouldn't bother with it.

Can someone tell me about the concept of "mufti-tasking"? OpenOffice Writer suggested that as one of the corrections for "multi-tasking".

Well, mufti is a word, as is tasking.

It should probably have suggested multitasking though ;)

Ability to organise dress down for work days?

Huh, didn't know "mufti" also referred to non-uniform dress. Well, loose robes are probably an example. I know the puffy hat certainly is one.

What should I do if I have no references or my references are out of date in applying for a job?

Volunteer to get new references.
Volunteering is kind of out of the question since I am still in school and even desperate enough to flip burgers :(.

Volunteering is kind of out of the question since I am still in school and even desperate enough to flip burgers :(.

Crappy situations have crappy alternatives. I know you aren't in a good place. And the fact is, who you know matters as much or more than what you know in finding a job. Maybe even more so. So get out there and make contacts. And if that means volunteering, then volunteer.

Not for most people. Might want to talk to your doctor. Are you very overweight?

Not for most people. Might want to talk to your doctor. Are you very overweight?
Last time I weighed myself, I was about 162 US pounds. I'm around 5'2" to 5'4". I don't know if I qualify for very overweight, but I know I'm nonetheless overweight.

Last time I weighed myself, I was about 162 US pounds. I'm around 5'2" to 5'4". I don't know if I qualify for very overweight, but I know I'm nonetheless overweight.

Yeah, you need to loose weight. That would be a decent weight for someone 5-6 inches taller than you are. I'd talk to your doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom