The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a big kids birthday party with the paper cups tbh :p

Probably not far off the reality, only with worse behavior. :lol:

I still don't know where you're getting this paper cup crap from.

....Exactly. So, pray tell, what are you on about this time, Quackers?

I would assume plastic and not paper.

I've never handled them but they could be plastic too. But they're always red.
Kids birthday party red :lol:

I'm more mystified by the idea that all Americans drink out of any cups at all. I drink my beer out of bottles or glasses. :dunno:

I don't play beer pong; maybe that's why I'm immune to this strange Red Plastic Cup Syndrome that apparently infects my entire nation but which, strangely, I have never witnessed.

Good point, though. Apparently Quackers saw a picture of some college kids playing beer pong and determined that this picture contained every person in America, frozen in time like insects in amber, doing all the drinking they would ever do. :lol:

Superjay, your own pic - reproduced without permission, will take it down if ya don't like :p ::

spot the offending article!

:lmao: I spy red plastic cup.

Red plastic cups are cheap, pretty big, and easy to split/mix into. Hard to injure somebody with one intentionally or accidentally at a massively inebriated party. Easy to clean up the piles of them afterward. Carried in a large variety of stores.

That said, I can't remember the last time I actually used one of those. :)

Superjay, your own pic - reproduced without permission, will take it down if ya don't like :p ::

That's not actually my pic, just one I posted. Also, note the beer bottle. ;)

Again: WTH are you on about? Yes, some people sometimes use some cups to drink some alcohol in some countries. This is news? This is interesting or worthy of comment? Admit it, you saw some college kids playing beer pong and got caught in a dumb assumption. :lol:

Nope.

I pronounce it both ways. Depends on the emphasis I intend.

If we keep hearing that our children are going to be the ones paying for our failure to balance the budget, why has no one pointed out that we are the children who are paying when the same question was asked 40 years ago?

40 years ago the debt was a trivial issue. Debt as a percentage of GDP had been falling since the end of WWII. There were still people complaining about the little debt that was being added. But it really didn't amount to much. We had Vietnam as an excuse, and all the politicians were at least somewhat fiscally conservative.

That changed 30 years ago. With Reagan, not only did debt in dollar levels explode, but debt as a percentage of GDP did as well. And shortly after that many people started warning about endless deficits. A quick look at my shelves turns up "Day of Reckoning" by Benjamin M Friedman, 1988. And I think I have 2 or 3 other books written by economists in the 80s warning about the consequences of endless deficits.

So it's not like no one has been talking about this. The 92 presidential campaign had Ross Perot making it a major issue. And his success is part of what encouraged Clinton to force through a budget surplus in the 90s.

But then the country turned conservative after 9/11, and nothing could be questioned.

That's not actually my pic, just one I posted. Also, note the beer bottle. ;)

Again: WTH are you on about? Yes, some people sometimes use some cups to drink some alcohol in some countries. This is news? This is interesting or worthy of comment? Admit it, you saw some college kids playing beer pong and got caught in a dumb assumption. :lol:

Cuz it's a silly red plastic cup, like at a children's birthday party why do Americans do this? Why? Why are you all eating at macdonalds all the time?

Silly plastic cups are perfect for keg parties. Otherwise you spend too much money on cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom