The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not all frat parties. As a teen we had plenty of working class keggers, out in the woods, in someone's garage, anywhere the parents weren't home...

I suppose we could settle on red cups being the preferred distribution method of choice for those drinking under the legal age? I don't know, I was rather fond of cans myself. Icehouse. Brrrrr.

I suppose we could settle on red cups being the preferred distribution method of choice for those drinking under the legal age? I don't know, I was rather fond of cans myself. Icehouse. Brrrrr.

It's the preferred distribution method of those who get their beer from a keg but not in a bar or restaurant. You go through a lot of cups having a party with beer kegs. That's 15 gallons of beer to be dispensed in each one. Who wants to wash all those glasses afterward? :mischief:

The Americans posting in the last couple of pages largely appear to be failing to appreciate how synonymous red cups and American parties are. Like, if you were going to picutre an American party, there would be a multitude of red cups.

It's hilarious that an Australian teenager thinks he knows more about American parties than the American adults he's referring to - based purely on a single YouTube search which yielded a video of the aforementioned beer pong game at a frat party. :rolleyes:

I could find a video of an Aussie drinking Foster's out of a can, which apparently means that all Australians drink Foster's in cans at every party - because hey, YouTube says so! Nevermind that Foster's isn't all that popular in Australia; why let facts get in the way of some good stereotypes? :lol:

I think I must have stopped drinking beer out of kegs when it became legal to drink. Even back then though it seemed like we almost always used cans unless it was a frat party. Are kegs more of a suburban thing? I honestly don't know.

No, kegs are an American thing, because with kegs you get red cups, which we all use at every party in the entire nation all the time - because some Aussies and Brits say so. Who are we to argue, man? ;)

Then can we at least buy a keg of something that doesn't suck? Lets class it up. Usually I just drink a 40oz of Steel Reserve and chase with a 32oz of Icehouse so I have something to pour for my fallen homies. But tonight we get craaaaaazy. :D

Only if we conform to the Red Cup Rule. :nono:

We can get Red Cups if you agree to candy flip.

I think I must have stopped drinking beer out of kegs when it became legal to drink. Even back then though it seemed like we almost always used cans unless it was a frat party. Are kegs more of a suburban thing? I honestly don't know.

I grew up in an inner suburb. We did keg parties all the time as teens. Maybe it diminished after the drinking age was raised to 21 :dunno: And then in college all the parties had them.

Red cups are synonymous with the American party! Every party I've been too it's either soda cans or red cups, errywhere!

Red cups are synonymous with the American party! Every party I've been too it's either soda cans or red cups, errywhere!
Soda cans? Wrong kind of party.

We can get Red Cups if you agree to candy flip.

Done! And I gotta say, I didn't think you were into that sort of thing. :lol:

That just might have to do with you being underage. ;) The only time I see plastic cups anymore is when we're out camping. At our parties, people drink beer or wine out of glasses or, with beer, straight from the bottle (or can, for the tasteless).

Soda cans? Wrong kind of party.

Still... red cups! Everywhere!

That just might have to do with you being underage. ;) The only time I see plastic cups anymore is when we're out camping. At our parties, people drink beer or wine out of glasses or, with beer, straight from the bottle (or can, for the tasteless).

Fine, the staple of young America's party's!

Get with the times old man :p

Done! And I gotta say, I didn't think you were into that sort of thing. :lol:

The world is full of wonders! What are your feelings on trance? :D

I grew up in an inner suburb. We did keg parties all the time as teens. Maybe it diminished after the drinking age was raised to 21 :dunno: And then in college all the parties had them.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it probably had more to do with population density. In order to get a party large enough to kill a keg in my high school you would have needed just about the entire Junior and Senior classes in attendance. Even the bigger Ag frat parties later in college tended to stick with cans, probably habit by that point.

Wow, double post, my bad - teach me to take a nap in the middle of the day. Now I'm all wonky.

Get with the times old man :p

Actually, I'm thinking the times need to catch up with me. ;)

The world is full of wonders! What are your feelings on trance? :D

I like some of it; I'm not a die-hard fan but I have a pretty open mind as far as music is concerned. I do listen to a lot of bands that do "live" electronica, or use laptops to add electronic beats or samples to the music they're playing on their instruments.

Ever listened to Pretty Lights? This is where I was on Saturday night / early Sunday morning :cool:

Link to video.

EDIT: And here's STS9, who plays instruments and laptops - this was my Friday night. :crazyeye:

Link to video.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it probably had more to do with population density. In order to get a party large enough to kill a keg in my high school you would have needed just about the entire Junior and Senior classes in attendance. Even the bigger Ag frat parties later in college tended to stick with cans, probably habit by that point.

Wow, double post, my bad - teach me to take a nap in the middle of the day. Now I'm all wonky.

It only takes 20 or so teenagers to drink a keg in a night. We once did it with 7....

It only takes 20 or so teenagers to drink a keg in a night. We once did it with 7....

Ok, only would have needed half the senior class then. 20 would have still been a really tall order.

Ever listened to Pretty Lights? This is where I was on Saturday night / early Sunday morning

Ok, actually jealous now. Liked the bands. Still kind of more of an "epic trance" guy, but I think that is dating myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom