The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, actually jealous now. Liked the bands. Still kind of more of an "epic trance" guy, but I think that is dating myself.

This is relevant to my interests! As your attorney, I advise you to head on over to the music appreciation thread in A&E and expound upon this 'epic trance' idea with some specific examples! :goodjob:

Then can we at least buy a keg of something that doesn't suck? Lets class it up. Usually I just drink a 40oz of Steel Reserve and chase with a 32oz of Icehouse so I have something to pour for my fallen homies. But tonight we get craaaaaazy. :D

Are you from the ghetto or something? I mean, seriously, you like Steel Reserve??? :lol: I've seen homeless people have better taste in alcohol.

How many liters is a keg?

It's easier to measure a keg in standard drinks, so about the equivalent of 165 cans of beer.

And that's the real appeal of kegs, they are cheaper for more alcohol. And plus, keg better honestly has a better taste and visual appeal to it, it creates legitimacy in itself. Plus, cases and cans just create trash. And canned floaters are probably Satan's creation in some form, cupped floaters are very easy to remove. It's a damn keg, how are there any negatives to it?

Are you from the ghetto or something? I mean, seriously, you like Steel Reserve??? :lol: I've seen homeless people have better taste in alcohol.

Honestly not a huge fan of alcohol, though it is fun now and then. I certainly don't set aside much of my budget for it, and a 40oz of Steel Reserve and a 32oz of Icehouse is going to do it for me for the night for about $5.

Or were we actually drinking for taste rather than to get drunk? I have a weak spot for Bombay and Glenlivet. Not the finest in the world, but still too spendy to get blitzed on regularly. :D

How do I, as a long term unemployed person, convince my employer that I am not lazy, unambitious, and other negative stereotypes associated in being unemployed for more than six months.
Any answers for this? :(

Honestly not a huge fan of alcohol, though it is fun now and then. I certainly don't set aside much of my budget for it, and a 40oz of Steel Reserve and a 32oz of Icehouse is going to do it for me for the night for about $5.

Or were we actually drinking for taste rather than to get drunk? I have a weak spot for Bombay and Glenlivet. Not the finest in the world, but still too spendy to get blitzed on regularly. :D

If you wanna get drunk for cheap, why don't you just drink a couple of cans of 4 Loko? $4, it will get you blitzed out of your mind, and you won't smell like a street urchin while drinking.

If you wanna get drunk for cheap, why don't you just drink a couple of cans of 4 Loko? $4, it will get you blitzed out of your mind, and you won't smell like a street urchin while drinking.

Tried. That stuff is patently revolting. And that is from the guy who likes Steel Reserve.

@CivGeneral - Didn't like the suggestion of volunteer work? :lol: Go join your local Lion's Club or something. They're terrific.

Farm Boy, where did you get your avatar? :mischief:

Farm Boy, where did you get your avatar? :mischief:

Got tired of the low-rez of the Dread Pirate Roberts, so I just google imaged "Farm Boy" and selected the first page result I liked the best! :salute:

Edit: I may have included "Westley" in there, I can't remember.

I've said it before. You have to volunteer. Work 40 hours a week at something. You need a little cash, get whatever useless part time job you can get. And then volunteer with something that can make you some contacts and some experience.

You can't sit here on the computer and expect it to come to you.

I hate to state the bloody obvious but how about finding examples of things you've done which show you to be active and ambitious? If you've spent six months sitting on the sofa watching TV, then he's hardly going to believe you're a great potential employee, but if you can show that you've applied for six jobs (with a good reason why you didn't get offered them which doesn't rule out being hired here) and volunteer at a charity shop during normal working hours then he might like you a bit more. Being good at interviews and writing a decent CV will also help.

What would happen if a city government tried to finance new projects by turning in a profit instead of issuing debt?

What would happen if a city government tried to finance new projects by turning in a profit instead of issuing debt?

How would you arrange that? There are tolls on a number of bridges and roads. There are fees on transit. And there are any number of user fees on other types of services. But what makes a public good a public good is that the benefits to the public as a whole outweigh the individual contributions to pay for it. If all the costs, and a profit, could be made by charging high enough costs, then the private sector would do it and the government would not need to get involved.

It would be just ensuring that you spend less on services than you take in with fees and municipal taxes, and keeping and possibly investing the remainder to finance a massive project.

Many governments run a surplus that they often call a "rainy day fund". So surpluses are possible. But financing many new projects with them isn't particularly feasible. Infrastructure projects tend to have high costs up front. But the "payoff" of them is over the long term. So borrowing puts the costs in sync with the benefits. If governments had to have all the money up front, for the most part those investments would never be made. Which, when you think on it, is exactly the same as the private sector and private households.

Hey there CFC! Good to be back on the bottom of another thread! :D
ANYWHO I've recently got an offer for a part-time job that will pay more than the sucky thing I'm working at now, and it'd be with a friend. That said, I was wondering what advice you all may have for me.
It's driving a van in NYC, delivering construction supplies and bleh, and I'm hoping I could hear what residents, workers, or otherwise regular drivers in NYC or other major cities have to say, because it seems like it could be a bit intense, judging on some [read: parents] opinions. It seems like an interesting opportunity either way, and any thoughts that would help, even if they're against this idea, would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hey there CFC! Good to be back on the bottom of another thread! :D
ANYWHO I've recently got an offer for a part-time job that will pay more than the sucky thing I'm working at now, and it'd be with a friend. That said, I was wondering what advice you all may have for me.
It's driving a van in NYC, delivering construction supplies and bleh, and I'm hoping I could hear what residents, workers, or otherwise regular drivers in NYC or other major cities have to say, because it seems like it could be a bit intense, judging on some [read: parents] opinions. It seems like an interesting opportunity either way, and any thoughts that would help, even if they're against this idea, would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Do you get compensation for gas?

And I really see no negatives to this: it pays more, it's with a friend, and it's driving, the easiest job in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom