The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember Paradise Lost correct, Satan punishes the evil people because that is one of the few ways open to him to strike back at God. Evil people getting sent to Hell is undertaken by God, Satan simply strikes back at God. Same basic reason he decieved the Mother of Mankind.

Mm, makes sense.

Punishment is what happens when a law is broken as a means of correction.

It is illogical to me to think satan is punishing any one. Hanging out with an excommunicated angel may be fun, for all I know. Religion is what has produced a punishment mentality. I am not saying that God does not punish, He has the right, but I think that being cursed/damned is more terrible than being punished. Satan does not want any to be miserable IMO. He just wants them to miss out on what he once had, but can never have again. Of course his advice seems to lead to misery most of the time. Like trying the same thing in a 100 different ways and still getting the same result.

:lol: Now that is a new perspective.

Why does nothing happen in this country (U.S.) on the weekends? Annoying. I have to work weekends, so should everyone else. I ordered stuff on Newegg, but it hasn't shipped yet. Which means it won't ship until Monday. I was hoping to get it in by Wednesday, but I'm not sure if that will happen now. I think it's time to abolish no businesses being open on weekends.

Nearly all retail businesses are open on the weekends. For the rest, people have to have a day off sometime. And people prefer it on the weekends.

Everyone having the same day off increases traffic congestion (on the days they are working).

And just ignore the benefits right? Like time to spend with the family and friends. Your outlook is rather selfish.

I'm only thinking of the environment (gridlock increases fuel consumption and global warming etc.)

It's a necessary cost. What if you had weekends off, your wife had Thursday and Friday off and your kids had Monday and Tuesday off? It'd be a pain to organise stuff for most people.

I'm only thinking of the environment (gridlock increases fuel consumption and global warming etc.)

That's not so much the fault of the weekend concept as it is of the automobile-centric culture.

Is unconditional love possible, when it comes to romantic relationships? Is it possible to love someone unconditionally regardless of who they are or what kind of person they are? Why is it that one has to be a certain kind of person before they can find love? If that's the case, then love isn't unconditional. Why is it that one *has* to be the kind of person other people want to be around before finding love? Why can't they be their true selves and still find love? The way I hear it, the only way one can find love is if they are "mature" or some bs. Doesn't this make ALL of humanity shallow people? Like, "I'll only love you if you are this way". Wouldn't unconditional love mean you are loved no matter who you are?

My mom needs a new gas tank because ours is seeping. But anyways today I got some stuff at a yard sale and I put it in the car trunk. And now I took it out and it smells very strongly like gas. They're books so I can't wash them really and it's too rainy to put them outside to air out. How can I remove the smell?

DAMMIT!!!! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS POST QUESTIONS RIGHT AFTER *I* POST QUESTIONS?!?!?! [pissed]

I don't do it on purpose. I don't really pay attention to questions above mine.

My mom needs a new gas tank because ours is seeping. But anyways today I got some stuff at a yard sale and I put it in the car trunk. And now I took it out and it smells very strongly like gas. They're books so I can't wash them really and it's too rainy to put them outside to air out. How can I remove the smell?

There isn't really a way besides just letting them air for a while and maybe lightly spraying them with some sort of scented spray.

What is the opposite of Keynesianism? Monetarism? Supply-side economics? The Austrian school? Something else?

Well, Locke does seem to be a monetarist.

What is the opposite of Keynesianism? Monetarism? Supply-side economics? The Austrian school? Something else?

The old time monetarists intended themselves to be the opposite of the Keynesians. Remember that neither one of those schools now are really what they appear to be in basic or intermediate college courses. They've sort of blended together. That said, the American Monetarist movement of the 60s and 70s was more or less a reaction to, and intended to overcome and replace, the Keynesians of that era.

Well, Locke does seem to be a monetarist.

That paragraph you linked describes Locke as more of a Merchantilist than a Monetarist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom