The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is unconditional love possible, when it comes to romantic relationships? Is it possible to love someone unconditionally regardless of who they are or what kind of person they are? Why is it that one has to be a certain kind of person before they can find love? If that's the case, then love isn't unconditional. Why is it that one *has* to be the kind of person other people want to be around before finding love? Why can't they be their true selves and still find love? The way I hear it, the only way one can find love is if they are "mature" or some bs. Doesn't this make ALL of humanity shallow people? Like, "I'll only love you if you are this way". Wouldn't unconditional love mean you are loved no matter who you are?

Yes it is possible. I have unconditional love towards a person (although I love that person because of who they are, if they were someone else I wouldn't love them so). The real question is it possible to have equal unconditional love between both partners. Unfortunately what usually happens is one partner loves more than the other partner creating a relationship with unequal love. One may love the other unconditionally, but they may not get that same kind of love back. As for the rest of your question, I can't really answer that. It really does deserve it's own thread. :)

Why is it that we always want the things we can't have, and will never, ever have?

Why would we want what we already have? Wanting, by definition, means that you lack it. How would the world look like if we were always content with what we have? If you had two people, and you had to wager who's most likely to have the most offspring, would it be the one who's always content with what he has or the one who wants more?

Is unconditional love possible, when it comes to romantic relationships? Is it possible to love someone unconditionally regardless of who they are or what kind of person they are? Why is it that one has to be a certain kind of person before they can find love? If that's the case, then love isn't unconditional. Why is it that one *has* to be the kind of person other people want to be around before finding love? Why can't they be their true selves and still find love? The way I hear it, the only way one can find love is if they are "mature" or some bs. Doesn't this make ALL of humanity shallow people? Like, "I'll only love you if you are this way". Wouldn't unconditional love mean you are loved no matter who you are?

Unconditional love is what one gives someone. It is not reciprocal. If it is demanded it would not be unconditional. It is rare that two people give each other unconditional love, that would be a soul mate. Usually the only satisfaction of unconditional love is: that you gave it and did not expect anything in return.

My mom needs a new gas tank because ours is seeping. But anyways today I got some stuff at a yard sale and I put it in the car trunk. And now I took it out and it smells very strongly like gas. They're books so I can't wash them really and it's too rainy to put them outside to air out. How can I remove the smell?

What is it with you and books? :) The smell will go away on its' own. If it doesn't do not put them near a flame, they may combust.

What is it with you and books? :) The smell will go away on its' own. If it doesn't do not put them near a flame, they may combust.

Well I like to read.

Is it normal to look back at how much I've changed in the past x years?

I'm not sure I'd want evidence of my thoughts. I'd be really embarrassed if someone read it.

I don't feel I have changed that much over the years. But there have been some small, gradual changes.

I'd be way more pissed off than embarrassed really.

A journal is one of the most private things. Some things I just don't accept.

Is it normal to look back at how much I've changed in the past x years?

If you're around forty, it's mandatory. Don't listen to the voice inside your head telling you how much you'd benefit from having a labrador and a beaten-up Land Rover, it's lying.

Don't listen to the voice inside your head telling you how much you'd benefit from having a labrador and a beaten-up Land Rover, it's lying.

So you got that too eh? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I found something that perhaps I should be alarmed at but I can't post it. But can I PM it to someone to see if I should be alarmed?

Question:

Would you say that people you know who have an interest in studying history (either academically or as a pastime) are nostalgic people in general?

Question:

Would you say that people you know who have an interest in studying history (either academically or as a pastime) are nostalgic people in general?

I think so, therefore, am I.

Question:

I really like history, but would consider myself a future optimist.

Question:

I love most history but I really hate the feeling of nostalgia :lol: I just like learning about things that happened before, and I've always been into battles, fighting etc. so I always take an interest into historical wars.

My interest in history does not originate from a candy coated belief in the past, but rather the amusement that while our garments have changed, we are still the same jacka..., uh mules, that we always were. The toys change, people remain relatively unchanged.

My interest in history does not originate from a candy coated belief in the past, but rather the amusement that while our garments have changed, we are still the same jacka..., uh mules, that we always were. The toys change, people remain relatively unchanged.

Thinking like that certainly makes writing military history more interesting; being able to transpose the Tommy Atkins of Iraq and Afghanistan into the Crimea makes it far more engaging than writing and reading about a list of numbered formations.

Can you imagine how hot those uniforms would have been? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom