The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that for presidental elections they have the articles pre-typed so they can insert it very quickly for whoeer wins. But one time a newspaper published the wrong article and said the wrong one was elected. Has anyone else heard of it and if they have details?

Is it not just a fancy way of saying "really nice rooftop in an urban setting?"

What is a sky terrace?

Usually a patio, deck, or similar recreation / living space on top of a building, open to the sky. The public spaces often have cafes or restaurants.

Well that all makes sense.
But.

I came across it here: http://www.hancockcondo.com/rental.htm (you start reading something, it leads you somewhere, you click on something else, before you know it... you all know how it goes)

Beautiful Contemporary Modern rehab of large one-bedroom inChicago"s Hancock! Foyer wcustom paint design. SS applinces; pull-out pantry; fireworks from Navy Pier and the lightsof the famous skyline! Spacious living area wbuilt-in storage area; two operable windows; & office area in former sky terrace. Elegant marble bath, comes fully furnished. Cat friendly. Must see !
And in that context of that building, it seems unlikely.

"Former" sky terrace? Huh, I don't understand that. Unless it was just a balcony that got enclosed, and they're simply using 'sky terrace' to try and sound fancy. (It's a real estate ad, after all.)

The building doesn't look like it's got balconies.
Yes, I'm confused.

Yeah, the John Hancock building's been there in downtown Chicago for years and years, and I don't think they've put a new roof on the place or anything. :) I've never seen balconies on it, either.

You have good reason to be confused. :crazyeye:

Somebody call Jerry Seinfeld ans ask wtf is going on.
Apparently he lives there :yup:

edit: no, I wasn't stalking ;)

Heck, just call Whomp, Godwynn, Downtown, Joecoolyo, or any of the other dozen Chicagoans we've got right here. ;) I've driven by the thing dozens of times, and I've never looked for balconies, but if it has them they're very well-camouflaged.

lights of the famous skyline???

Is that not in the skyline and above most of it and then enclosed as an office. Must see to appreciate?

Could it be an office with a glass roof?

Anyone particularly familiar with the Silversun Pickups? I'm looking for some guidance as to an album or collection of songs that would serve as a good introduction to their music.

What does it mean to "go all the way"?

Oh dear. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom