The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was at a Best Buy earlier today and they were selling a 32GB iPod for $299.99, and when I get home and cheak there website it's selling for $274.99, why is it cheaper to buy it online than it is to buy it in the store?

So I was at a Best Buy earlier today and they were selling a 32GB iPod for $299.99, and when I get home and cheak there website it's selling for $274.99, why is it cheaper to buy it online than it is to buy it in the store?

They have to match their lowest price even if it is online. They will not do so unless asked though. Local supply/demand may cause it. It is not next weeks sale is it?

Why are women so crazy and irrational?

If you are attracted to one who wasn't, you would really clash. In my case, I am the crazy irrational one and my wife is opposite. Sorry to take all the fun out of life. Of course if you are irrational and crazy, I hope you can find an attractive one who isn't.

Women are the way they are as a result of the gender roles and worldly conditions that used to be present some time ago. It is our heritage. In any case, you have to be more... specific, Disgustipated. Give an example.

Women are the way they are as a result of the gender roles and worldly conditions that used to be present some time ago. It is our heritage.

That and they bleed from their wahoo once a month.

That and they bleed from their wahoo once a month.

And babies come out of their wahoo if they do a certain primitive ritual at the right time.

They probably just screwed up the price tag in the store. They'll have the correct price in the system when they scan it out if you were to buy it. At least that's how it went down for me in a similar scenario at Best Buy.

Probably because they were committing fraud. This has been investigated a few times and companies lambasted in the press.

How is that fraud? It is cheaper for companies to sell over the internet vs. a large store. Large Best Buy stores have higher overhead in the form of property taxes (being in a prime location vs. being in a warehouse out in the middle of nowhere), higher employee costs etc.

What was OT's very first cereal thread?

Also where does the Poland is in Eastern Europe come from? I tried to look but couldn't find.

Also where does the Poland is in Eastern Europe come from? I tried to look but couldn't find.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you asking how that idea started? If so, then I'd guess it originated from Poland being controlled by the Communists. And Communist Europe was/is often referred to as Eastern Europe.

I mean on CFC. It's almost a meme here.

What was OT's very first cereal thread?

It looks like this.

Some posters didn't like how their countries were described Eastern European and started a thread about that. The laws of play ground dictate that they were excessively called Eastern European, and other threads of the same nature came.

I guess Polish were picked up (instead of Czechs for instance) because there were large threads in Civ 4 forums about how Poland should absolutely be included in Civ 4.

How do I make just under 4 weeks pass quicker? i.e. how shall I pass the time!?
Also, if you could have anything (within reason) for your birthday, what would it be?

Create a website on a subject you like. Thats what I did.

Also, if you could have anything (within reason) for your birthday, what would it be?

I'd answer this but I may invoke the anti-toilet paper rule.

Get a game or something that you really enjoy and do that and the next 4 weeks will fly by :)

Hmm... some of my friends round just playing football and everything, just a normal, modest birthday really :lol:

Get a game or something that you really enjoy and do that and the next 4 weeks will fly by :)

Hmm... some of my friends round just playing football and everything, just a normal, modest birthday really :lol:

Ok, what would you like as a gift? I am stuck and I have 3 weeks to come up with something good!

How is that fraud? It is cheaper for companies to sell over the internet vs. a large store. Large Best Buy stores have higher overhead in the form of property taxes (being in a prime location vs. being in a warehouse out in the middle of nowhere), higher employee costs etc.

It's considered a bait-and-switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom