Espionage - General discussion/unstructured info

Thanks for the source, I couldn't find it with the brief search.

Sorry to bring this back up again but I remembered one of the worst features of Civ4 espionage that I really hope doesn't make it into G&K. Remember in the latter versions of BtS where you could turn espionage off? What they did was massively boost the cultural levels needed for such a win? I know we don't have cultural levels in Civ5 but what would be the game penalty be for not having espionage on in G&K? I hope the game is balanced as if espionage was just a terrible idea to add into Civ5. In other words, not having espionage on would make it just like it is now (all other things being equal) and none of the civs, buildings, diplomacy, etc. would even know that it's missing.

Sorry to bring this back up again but I remembered one of the worst features of Civ4 espionage that I really hope doesn't make it into G&K. Remember in the latter versions of BtS where you could turn espionage off? What they did was massively boost the cultural levels needed for such a win? I know we don't have cultural levels in Civ5 but what would be the game penalty be for not having espionage on in G&K? I hope the game is balanced as if espionage was just a terrible idea to add into Civ5. In other words, not having espionage on would make it just like it is now (all other things being equal) and none of the civs, buildings, diplomacy, etc. would even know that it's missing.

Diplomatic Victory will be greatly affected by the lack of Espionage I presume, since Espionage is now somewhat part of Diplomatic Victory (you can rig votes so the enemies' influence decreased whilst yours increases. This is currently only one reason I can think off.

Will espionage be turned off for MP ??. I kinda read in two places that this aspect will not be available in MP, if true, that is a real tragedy :cry:

Just the Intrigue Aspect (spying on the enemy and reporting/leaking info to the other nation if they plan an attack)

But other aspects should remain active (stealing techs, coup, etc)

In later eras City-states hold elections between 20 turns. (Sorry don't know which article/interview is the source)

Has there been info about what these elections are? Someone speculated that they vote will they follow freedom/order/autocracy.

Top Bottom