Wodhann's Art Workshop

It looks like you have the extra space around the circle so the first set of sizes would be correct.
Actually they aren't - I thought it was 178x178 for just the icons.

Attached are size fixed files - I'll leave the rest of the resizing to you.

Attachments

• grandamph174.png
    grandamph174.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Haiden174.png
    Haiden174.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 80
  • knightorder174.png
    knightorder174.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 59
  • seminary174.png
    seminary174.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 77
  • seminary2174.png
    seminary2174.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 54
Hi Wodhann and thanks for this offer for the community. I could really use some icons for the update to my mod, Anno Domini (it has its own website, which is linked in my signature).

Unit icons would be great for any of these please:

Sacred band (UU for Thebes)
Spoiler :

Short swordsman (generic)
Spoiler :

Cretan archer (UU for Macedon)
Spoiler :

Bronze Age mercenary (generic)
Spoiler :

Ambaxtoi (UU for the Parisii)
Spoiler :

Looking at those images, I see icons could be easily made using these images themselves. Is that what you want me to do?

I see no point of looking for images on the internet when these already do the job pretty well.

Looking at those images, I see icons could be easily made using these images themselves. Is that what you want me to do?

I see no point of looking for images on the internet when these already do the job pretty well.

That's exactly what I'd like you to do please - make the icons from the images provided :). I don't seem to do the "starburst" very well, otherwise I'd have just made icons of them myself.

I'd like to request a unit icon for a Swiss Guard musketman. I'm making a little mod that expands the Mercenary Army policy in the Commerce tree so that you can buy more mercenaries to make the policy relevant past the Medieval era. I will be using this unit model to represent the unit (although only the guy in the orange pants). For reference, I would like the unit icon to look somewhat like that of the Janissary, only wearing a uniform as seen in this picture. If you are interested in creating such an icon, you have my thanks in advance.
I looked around and it seems that the men in your reference picture are Pikemen, not Musketmen? And the ones I found named Swiss Guard wearing muskets look completely different. Example

Adding a slight Oil Paint filter (without the shine and reduced capacity) to these Icons could turn out to be real nice.

Adding a slight Oil Paint filter (without the shine and reduced capacity) to these Icons could turn out to be real nice.
I already use that effect a lot (maybe overuse it sometimes). Although it's a great effect, it's not a magic fix to make everything look painterly though.

Finding images to work with is a lottery and sometimes you get great images to work with (pictures that are already painted are perfect), sometimes you get nothing and have to squeeze something out of a so-so picture (the seminaries are good examples).

Looking for help improving Enhanced User Interface's icons & graphics.
Some things are already identified (see link in my sig), but the best is to try EUI and come up with new ideas yourself - lots of room for improvement.
EUI currently gets downloaded around 200 times per DAY, so any work done will get good exposure - with credits of course.
Cheers

I looked around and it seems that the men in your reference picture are Pikemen, not Musketmen? And the ones I found named Swiss Guard wearing muskets look completely different. Example

The reference picture I gave has the uniform of the Papal Swiss Guard (which, since they are now purely ceremonial, have reverted to using pikes), and the one you found has the uniform of the French Swiss Guard. Either uniform would work in an icon, as the Swiss Guard unit will be available to anyone as a mercenary (provided they pick the associated policy) and not associated with any one nation. If you would prefer to make an icon with the French uniform, then I'll use this unit model to represent the Swiss Guard. In this case, I would like to make one additional request: a minor unit texture recoloring to change the jackets (I'll extract the correct file to be edited and post it here for you if you need it).

(which, since they are now purely ceremonial, have reverted to using pikes),

Not entirely accurate. The ceremonial garb is deceptive. The Swiss Guard is still an elite guard force, given that it officially still protects the sovereign of the Vatican (or the sovereign of the Holy See, I can't remember which). Though tourists see them with their pikes, they are trained to use a variety of modern weapons, including tear gas and assault carbines. Or am I taking what you said completely out of context?

Looking for help improving Enhanced User Interface's icons & graphics.
Some things are already identified (see link in my sig), but the best is to try EUI and come up with new ideas yourself - lots of room for improvement.
EUI currently gets downloaded around 200 times per DAY, so any work done will get good exposure - with credits of course.
Cheers
Can you be more specific on what you want, I saw your request thread but I still thought it was a bit vague.

The reference picture I gave has the uniform of the Papal Swiss Guard (which, since they are now purely ceremonial, have reverted to using pikes), and the one you found has the uniform of the French Swiss Guard. Either uniform would work in an icon, as the Swiss Guard unit will be available to anyone as a mercenary (provided they pick the associated policy) and not associated with any one nation. If you would prefer to make an icon with the French uniform, then I'll use this unit model to represent the Swiss Guard. In this case, I would like to make one additional request: a minor unit texture recoloring to change the jackets (I'll extract the correct file to be edited and post it here for you if you need it).
Here you go:

Hi Wodhann and thanks for this offer for the community. I could really use some icons for the update to my mod, Anno Domini (it has its own website, which is linked in my signature).

Unit icons would be great for any of these please:
Can you please edit that post with the names of the units (and their respective civs) so I know what I'm doing?

Not entirely accurate. The ceremonial garb is deceptive. The Swiss Guard is still an elite guard force, given that it officially still protects the sovereign of the Vatican (or the sovereign of the Holy See, I can't remember which). Though tourists see them with their pikes, they are trained to use a variety of modern weapons, including tear gas and assault carbines. Or am I taking what you said completely out of context?

That's cool. I didn't know that the modern Swiss Guard is prepared for such serious stuff. That make them even more impressive.

Here you go:

Thanks! That looks really good. Here's a screenshot of the icon in-game:
Spoiler :

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind editing the attached unit textures so that the unit will look more like the icon? If the blue and red coloring could be swapped I think that would do it (with the exception of the red rectangle in the upper left corner: I think that is the feather, so if that could be colored white it would be perfect).

Attachments

• SwissGuardScreenShot.jpg
    SwissGuardScreenShot.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 424
  • UnitTextures.zip
    76.9 KB · Views: 32
Sacred band (UU for Thebes)

Short swordsman (generic)

Cretan archer (UU for Macedon)

Bronze Age mercenary (generic)

Ambaxtoi (UU for the Parisii)

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind editing the attached unit textures so that the unit will look more like the icon?
Aren't there supposed to be two different textures? I see two variations of the units.

Thanks again for the icons, they look superb in-game :)!

If you get chance, it would be fantastic if you could create icons for the leaderheads I've created in Poser. Currently, I am using a circular icon cut from the leaderhead, but one with the starburst and maybe a small part of the graphic coming out of the circle (I mean like you've done with the Sacred Band above), would really add a professional touch to how the mod looks.

Here are the ones that are the most important to me:

Teuta of Illyria
Spoiler :

Gladys of the Corieltauvi
Spoiler :

Pericles of Athens
Spoiler :

Cadmus of Thebes
Spoiler :

Khamudi of the Hyksos
Spoiler :

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give :). Teuta and Gladys are the most important of the ones here (to me ;))!

Top Bottom