Wodhann's Art Workshop

Also: Firaxis standard is something not really consistent. Create your own style, rather than pursuit someone else's.
Agreed. I do like to make stuff that seem like it could have come out with the game, though.

I just said that so people wouldn't claim it was more faithful to the "firaxis style" or something.

I took some liberties here, so if anything goes wrong with this please take a screenshot and show me so I can either make the appropriate changes or revert to a simple recoloring job.

View attachment 371945

The new texture looks great. It's better than a mere recoloring job would've been, so that was a liberty well taken. Here's a screenshot of how it looks in-game.

Spoiler :

Thanks again!

Attachments

• SGScreenshot.jpg
    SGScreenshot.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 408
The new texture looks great. It's better than a mere recoloring job would've been, so that was a liberty well taken. Here's a screenshot of how it looks in-game.

Thanks again!
No problem. Could I ask for a zoomed in screenshot when you can take it? I am curious to see how the details look like closer up.

No problem. Could I ask for a zoomed in screenshot when you can take it? I am curious to see how the details look like closer up.

I didn't even know that you could set the minimum zoom threshold until now. Here is a close-up of the unit. I didn't realize that the hat had a cord on it, but since most people won't zoom in so close when playing I don't think it matters too much.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• CloseSG.jpg
    CloseSG.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 396
I preffer my starburst effect sharp, and I don't like the ones TPangolin provided, so please don't ask me to use them. Period!

I understand the sentiment, but I do find it odd that you ask for people to be specific about a request and then get disgruntled at people when they ask something specific. The reason I asked is because all of my mods have a certain consistency (i.e using those starbursts). I can understand where you are coming from though.

Great job on the retexturing though!

Thank you! It looks fabulous.

Barbarian King, how did you do that?!? Please tell me how to zoom to this point!

C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini

Code:
; How close you can get (11.0=default, 4.0=debug zoom)
Minimum Zoom Level = 11.000000

Again, looking for art for the Anno Domini mod :). I'm going to have a go at some units myself, using your tutorial (I've found an old version of Photoshop so hopefully it'll be okay). However, the buildings might need a bit more artistic talent! I'm sorry for asking again :blush: - though there seems to be no other outstanding requests at the moment.

I'm looking for:

Soapmaker
Spoiler :

Thatcher
Spoiler :

Beadsmith
Spoiler :

Tunic maker's house
Spoiler :

Treaty of Kadesh
Spoiler :

You should try out using Jannboruta's starbursts and applying a Soft Light (then duplicating the layer to increase the effect).

Spoiler :

These are really useful, but does anyone have any icons that are starbursts in different colours - with no building/unit etc? There's some of us who might not be too adept with creating icons in the traditional manner, but could do some cut-and-pasting onto those starburst-coloured backgrounds, then add some simple effects via GIMP.

EDIT: After trying the tutorial and using Photoshop, Paintshop Pro and Gimp, I found the best method for me personally was a cut and paste/clone type process. I didn't have the ideal background (I had to rotate an icon with a background and fill in some gaps) but came up with this for the javelineer in Anno Domini (still needs some work):

If there were a selection of backgrounds with a starburst and a bit of a glow around the centre, then I'm sure I could come up with my own icons.

I would like to use your javelineer as an Irish Kern... and if you ever get a matching animation :dance:

I was thinking of you when I saw the new buildings Wodhann has done! Please feel free to use the javelineer; whilst it's Roman, danrell did a Roman javelineer in his...er...Roman set. Just needs a new skin...

Part of me says "yes, I'd love you to do it despite several requests from me" and the other part says, please could you create some starburst backgrounds instead that we cutters and pasters could use to create our own icons ;). It's been mentioned that those who can do the starbursts can do so quite easily (I've had little success with the software I have), and it would open the floodgates for us to create a whole load of our own icons.

Here is the an image that I've found that is the same - I used a different one that was greyed out actually.

EDIT:
Further to the request for starbursts, there's a webpage with 36 of them on. They are here: http://thehouseofphotoshop.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/photoshop-resourses-textures-starburst.html. Thanks to TPangolin for pointing me in the right direction.

Top Bottom