Anyone playing Civ: Revolution?

xNayrbx

Chieftain
I just purchased it for the Xbox given the price drop. I have yet to find a game multiplayer! Perhaps I am not being patient enough?

Also, it seems as if Civilization IV is still more popular for the PC.. Should I go grab that instead to find more consistent games?

Thanks for any information!!!

Civ Rev is still very popular, I know of lots of people who play daily.

The problem with Civ Rev is if you have a bad connection, you can rarely ever connect to a game. As well, timezones effect whether or not you'll be able to connect to a game.

I play daily on PS3. Usually it takes about 15-20 minutes of wait to get a 4-player (FFA) game going. A new player shows up on average every 3 minutes, but not all will stick around long enough to get the game started, hence the wait is longer than the 3x3=9minutes. Once, I counted 8 different people coming into the lobby (apart from myself) by the time the game actually started because most did not wait enough for the room to fill-up. This is all for ranked, where you must have all slots filled for the game to start. In friendly (Player match) category whoever initiated the game setup can start it earlier using computer players for the empty slots.

civrev is still very popular.

There are more people on during primetime in USA. Typcially I find the most players online about 7PM to midnight, more on the weekends than the weekdays.

During the day it can be hard to find a match sometimes, but I never have to wait more than 5 minutes in most cases.

Stick around in the lobby for a while, don't just lobby jump, and you'll start finding matches.

I wouldn't think that lots of players would be into Civ Rev especially among this forum crowd as it seems less "hard core" than Civ 4. I have never played it but that's what I hear from all the reviews and most other players.

if by hard-core you mean super in-depth and taking days to play a game, yes, Civ 4 is a lot more hardcore. I like the fast pace of CivRev, and there seems to be just as many players online playing it now than there ever was.

This forum isn't the most frequented CivRev forum, so it may seem to have a smaller following. Also, it's harder find matchups on PS3 because there is issues with their servers creating matchups. There are a lot more players on Xbox 360, and it's never an issue for me to find a game in 5 minutes. Usually I find a matchup almost instantly.

Top Bottom