Game goes OOS all the time

Ryukil

Chieftain
I'm playing LAN with a friend and it goes OOS all the time :/ We both have the latest patch

Yeah the base mod wasn't much optimized for multi. (or rather it was, but there's been much improvement since it stopped getting updated). I'd advise you to try the modmods. Tholal's would be the one whose experience is closest to the base game but with significant stability improvement.

Tholal's would be the one whose experience is closest to the base game but with significant stability improvement.

If we are only talking stability regarding OOS, which would be better: MNAI or Erebus in the Balance? I heard the latter's explicit goal is to provide a good multiplayer experience, but does that only apply to balance or technical issues too?

Well, as i said, Tholal's More Naval AI is the way to go if you want something stable and close to the original experience.

Rise of Erebus and its offshoots added more stuff but should be stable enough in terms of OOS.
and i do not know about Master of Mana's OOS stability, but it's, i think, the one that has the least in common with FFH. Apart from that, Orbis doesn't have any living dev branch anymore but was pretty stable at the time.

Active Mods:

The More Naval AI family:
  • More Naval AI (MNAI) - base FFH with MANY bugfixes and AI improvements with a few new game options/merges for variety
  • Erebus in the Balance - uses MNAI as a base (though a VERY old version). Makes numerous changes to the base game in an attempt to achieve multiplayer balance
  • Extra Mod Mod - uses MNAI as a base (keeps up with current releases). Also incorporates all Erebus in the Balance changes and adds several other new features (new barbarians, new resources for example)
  • Magister's Mod mod - uses MNAI as a base (keeps up with current releases). Numerous changes to the base game in regards to units, spells etc. Not balanced for multiplayer but very true to the game lore

Master of Mana - originally started as Wild mana. VERY different from base FFH. Not sure about its stability in single or multiplayer. Some development going on (though not by the original coders)

Rise from Erebus - Also been around a long time. Base FFH with LOTS of extra stuff. In active development (though also not by the original coders). Not sure about the game stability here either.

I haven't played Magister's before, but I can recommend all of the other MNAI-family modmods- they're all high-quality, but provide fairly divergent experiences.

If your game is going OOS it might be due to AI being present, including Hyborem or Basium being summoned. It has been a long while since I played vanilla FFH, but IIRC most OOS errors are caused by there being AI.

Top Bottom