New Units, Coffins February 14, 2010

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
These Coffins are both for Fun and for any place where you might need one of them in your Games.

BLack Coffin, Pine Coffin, Stone Coffin and Coffin.

Included Files:
Black Coffin, Pine Coffin, Stone Coffin and Coffin -New textures addition
Default Flcs
Fidget Flcs
Death Flcs
Airdrop Flcs
New Sounds: CoffinFidget.wav, CoffinAirdrop.wav, Coffin Death.wav
Adjusted .ini files
Large and Small Civilopedia images and units_32.pcx files
for each Unit.
Extra Default Flcs that show the Coffins in each direction if desired for some reason
but they are basically Not needed for an Immobile Unit, which is the reason I made
the animations all in the SE direction.

...These Coffins can be used as Place Holder Units for Units that Upgrade
or they can be used in part in many ways. An example is to use the Airdrop
animations to Airdrop a Horror Unit. After the Flc plays, the Unit will Replace
The Coffin and be in its default position. IF various parts of the animations are
not desired they can be removed from the animations to make what you want.
The Coffins have "SCI-FI" Death type Glow effects, ending with Fire.
The Black Coffin is more for Horror Type Units, the Pine Coffin can be used
as a Generic Coffin as desired and the Stone Coffin is more of a Sarcophagus
type Coffin. Added the "Coffin" with New Color Textures as another option.
IF you only need a Coffin without animations, you can simply use the single frame Default Flcs. Mix and Match and Use in your games as you prefer.

The Translucency and Colors are much better in game.
All Game Tested as usual :)

Previews: Default/Fidget, Airdrop and Death. No animated preview of the New Coffin but uses the same animations and sounds.

Added the "Coffin" with new Color Textures to the ZIP file in the Database March 3, 2010
You can Download the Zip File
here

Last edited:
:) ... Yes, the Coffins do have different animations but they can easily be altered in a Graphics Program if particular parts are not needed such as the Opening of the Coffins after the Airdrop.
Other sounds or no sounds could be used as well.

The Glow Colors and Transluceny do look Good in game... much different than the gif file previews can show.

Balthasar wanted these Coffins for a Game he is working on and I will probably use one in EFZI2 Complete as the Airdrop for a Zombie Unit :lol:

Vuldacon, this is another great idea and unit done by you. :) It´s a pitty, that there is no direct use for them in CCM.

The Default Flcs are single Frames and the images could be resized as pollution for example :)

...I realize that animated coffins are basically for SCI-FI or Horror type games but these were wanted for their special game purpose and I thought I would upload them in case anyone could use them or any part of them.

And this is my chance to thank you for turning a fanciful idea into full-fledged honest-to-gawd units. I particularly love the coffins rising from the earth in the paradrop animation. And the death animes are very good! I hadn't seen either before, though they came out even better than I'd imagined. In the steampunk Lost Worlds mod, as we've discussed, the black coffin will upgrade to Dracula, the pine coffin to Frankenstein (corpse), the stone coffin will hold the Mummy. That's your classic horror trifecta. Thank you. Thank you Vuldacon. Nice Job!

:) ... Yes, the Coffins do have different animations but they can easily be altered in a Graphics Program if particular parts are not needed such as the Opening of the Coffins after the Airdrop.
Other sounds or no sounds could be used as well.

The Glow Colors and Transluceny do look Good in game... much different than the gif file previews can show.

Balthasar wanted these Coffins for a Game he is working on and I will probably use one in EFZI2 Complete as the Airdrop for a Zombie Unit :lol:

I'd imagine the glowing colors look awesome in the dark EFZI environment.

Maybe you could use something that is in CCM: have this coffin unit spawn every X number of turns, then maybe have it upgrade in a specific zombie held building into a stronger zombie unit, for obvious reasons. But I'm probably telling you things you already thought of.

Oh, forgot to mention they look great! :goodjob:

... but on Valentine's Day? Naturally, It wasn't intended as a Valentine's Day
Unit. Just happens to be that Day :)

Preliminary Thoughts, subject to changes as I continue to make and develop it all:
I am going to add a Pre-placed Key Location at the Graveyard called "Grave Infection" and it will Auto-Produce a "Coffin Zombie" which will be the same First Zombie only each will use the Pine Coffin as an "Airdrop" to be able to Come up anywhere on the Island. Each will Upgrade to a "Coffin Mutant" when the Zombies reach The Mutation so each Coffin Mutant will be able to Come Up anywhere on the Island as well. This will be controlled so only those Units that are auto-produced will be able to use the "Airdrop" Coffin. It will probably go Obsolete with Zombiegeddon because I will have another Airdrop Unit and the Zombies already have Other Airdrop Units and Great Power... I do not want Hordes of Airdropped Units that are impossible to deal with.
Because the Graveyard is usually easy to Capture, I will set the Grave Infection also as an Improvement so it can be built in all buildings. I can also add a Coffin Unit that will be immobile and pre-place them in the Graveyard just for added defense.
I am going to make a New Building in EFZI2 Complete and call it Paradise Mortuary. The Zombies will have the Pre-placed "Infected Morgue" Key Location there and it will Auto-Produce a New Zombie I will make called "The Mortician". Those Zombies will start being auto-produced when the Zombies reach Zombiegeddon. Same problem with the building being captured early so I will set a "Zombie Morgue" Improvement to be able to be built in any Zombie building in case the Paradise Mortuary is captured early which would prevent the Infected Morgue from activating. The Key Location will Auto-Produce the Mortician every 4 turns but the Zombie Morgue will Auto-Produce the Mortician every 10 turns. This reduces the Numbers. I did the same thing with the Killer Hornets and Zombie Nurse Stations... works well.

Badkharma... Actually they were made for Balthasar who requested them for his games but I found a way to use a couple of them in EFZI2 Complete :)

...other than that, I simple uploaded them in case anyone else could use them or any part of them in their games. OH, and also as commemorative units for Valentine's Day :think: :lol:

You always surprise me with the novel units you create! They look great, and are well animated! Very Impressive!!!:goodjob:

Top Bottom