SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

For Germany, they could make a bold move and release it with history's most evil German... Kaiser Vilhelm II.

Wilhelm II
UA - Kaiser's Diplomacy

Unlike every other Civ in the game, you get competent Advisors who know what the best possible action is. Too bad you're going to ignore them and do the exact opposite of what they told you to do. Receive a big Diplomatic penalty with every other nation in the game for insulting them without reason. AI Wilhelm will send insults to you every turn even if he's Friendly or allied.

Wilhelm II
UA - Kaiser's Diplomacy

Unlike every other Civ in the game, you get competent Advisors who know what the best possible action is. Too bad you're going to ignore them and do the exact opposite of what they told you to do. Receive a big Diplomatic penalty with every other nation in the game for insulting them without reason. AI Wilhelm will send insults to you every turn even if he's Friendly or allied.

"You have unlocked achievement: Dreadnought arms race"

"You have unlocked achievement: Dreadnought arms race"

"Because you've unlocked this achievement, you have unlocked another achievement: Neil Arms Strong Race".

Neil Armstrong was German descent, so that achievement makes sense.

Seriously, i would know what this DLC is assumed to be ?

What are the top three hypothesis retained for this DLC by the CivFans ?

When will be released ?

When will be released ?

I think the new entry for the simplified chinese version gives the hint for it: In the Chinese year of the buffalo!

(just kidding...that would be 2022, or so, that's rather Civ6)

Nice joke ! Thanks ;)

What're the odds the simplified Chinese version includes an Orwellian rehashing of social policies?

Chinese Communist Party:
Opener - +1 everything to everything, except bad things, which never happen anymore
The Party is the source of all prosperity - +1 happiness per unhappiness
Founding of the nation - golden age forever
Farming collective - doubles the stated yield of farms (actual yield halved)
etc...

I think the new entry for the simplified chinese version gives the hint for it: In the Chinese year of the buffalo!

(just kidding...that would be 2022, or so, that's rather Civ6)

Um, 2022 is rather Civilization 7. :p
AND OMG, we're talking about 2022 already, AND OMG, that's not even 9 years away. Now I feel old. :(

No. It's coming on 31 January, 2014, the Chinese New Year. Presumably. Don't wanna make any puns cause I don't know if puns are allowed here or not.

The availability in former soviet states probably is a marketing thing. Perhaps they have attained permission or whatever to sell there.

Also, it's possible that, if it is a new civ or two, that they are civs that would be patriotic for former soviet states. Kazakhs and Kiev come to mind. I haven't read the list, so I'm not sure.

I continue to believe that 'Bison' is just a placeholder name and has nothing to do with the contents.

My current theory is that this is a new project built on the foundation of Civ V. The company I work for has a single line of products and every major iteration of the product is given a development codename in alphabetical order.

If we take Civ V as the basic product - possibly codenamed antelope or alpaca - then Bison could be either a final major patch (unlikely as G&K and BNW would have most likely been the B and C projects), a stand alone spin off (such as Colonisation or Not-Alpha-Centauri-For-Copyright-Reasons) or Civ VI.

Or it could be a scenario where you have to go back in time to rescue a bison to stop the Earth being destroyed by an alien space probe that wants to talk to them. The scenario can be played as America, Russia, Scotland (renamed England), Zulu or Japan. Of course there are acheivements:
Where... no one... has... gone be... fore... - As America make a "Declaration of Friendship" with a female character :groucho:
Can you direct us to the nuclear wessels? - As Russia, steal a carrier or nuclear submarine
Hello, computer? - As Scotland discover computing
Incoming transmission - As the Zulu establish an embassy with another civilisation
Oh, my! - Win as Japan

A secret source has confirmed to me that is actually the prelude to a new Bison Civilization. This is the latest information I could get on it.

UA: Way of the Bison
Units gain +1 movement and +10% strength on plains. Units have a unique ability that lets them graze on plain and grassland tiles to restore an extra 10% hp/turn. Cities gain +10% food from plain tiles
UU: Bison Man
Replaces warrior and has a unique promotion, 'Bison Charge' which deals +25% damage to slower enemy units on plains. So the Bison Man has 3 movement points when starting a turn on plains which makes the Bison Man dominate on this terrain type.
UI: Bison Farm. Functions like an enhanced pasture. Each Bison Farm worked provides + 1 food, +1 productivity, +1 culture and adds 15% production points to the Bison Man.

My current theory is that this is a new project built on the foundation of Civ V. The company I work for has a single line of products and every major iteration of the product is given a development codename in alphabetical order.

If we take Civ V as the basic product - possibly codenamed antelope or alpaca - then Bison could be either a final major patch (unlikely as G&K and BNW would have most likely been the B and C projects), a stand alone spin off (such as Colonisation or Not-Alpha-Centauri-For-Copyright-Reasons) or Civ VI.

Or it could be a scenario where you have to go back in time to rescue a bison to stop the Earth being destroyed by an alien space probe that wants to talk to them. The scenario can be played as America, Russia, Scotland (renamed England), Zulu or Japan. Of course there are acheivements:
Where... no one... has... gone be... fore... - As America make a "Declaration of Friendship" with a female character :groucho:
Can you direct us to the nuclear wessels? - As Russia, steal a carrier or nuclear submarine
Hello, computer? - As Scotland discover computing
Incoming transmission - As the Zulu establish an embassy with another civilisation
Oh, my! - Win as Japan

"I only work in Outer Space": As America, construct a spaceship part in Iowa.

"Everybody remember where we parked": Detect a submarine belonging to another civ.

"That's the dumbest thing I ever heard": Successfully identify a spy in one of your cities as Russian.

SHE CANNAE TAKE ANYMORE - Capture a city with 10+ military units, -50 GPT, and -10 happiness.

Buried Alive...Buried Alive... - Have one of your cities captured by Genghis KHAN!

Back to the glorious Voyage Home:

"How quaint": As the Celts, play a complete session of Civ V using only keyboard commands.

"How do we know he didn't invent the thing?": As a non-America civ, complete a Research Agreement with America once you have discovered Future Tech.

Sorry I'm late for this discussion. I've read the entire thread, and a colonial expansion was discussed many post ago. Here's my contribution:

Besides a spin-off game like Alpha Centauri, I would like to get a colonisation and revolution expansion pack. For colonisation you could build one fairly (for instance an explorer unit that is an upgraded scout). The colony could have a limit of for instance 5 citizen, and only one or two size border as its limit. However you would get no unhappiness penalty, and settler joining the colony could upgrade it to a regular city. The colony would have only a set of buildings available plus some unique buildings. For instance this could be some sort of taxing office that gives quite a handful of gold but adding to some revel sentiment. You could use colonies to obtain resources and maybe (or not) use your trading units to get the resources back to your cities. This could open some interesting colonial wars - and war declarations where the mainland is inaccessible by the enemy. If one of your colonies has borders up to your mainland, this would be separated by a line.

Regarding revolutions you would have to add some SPs to make the colonies happy. This could be voting rights and other stuff. If not, they could trigger a revolution which to start or spread to several colonies. It could be a SP tree by itself, commonwealth being the closer SP which hinders the colonies to declare independence altogether. If they win a revolution it should work like written below.

Kind of an off-topic tangent: what happens if a Civ's unhappiness spawns rebels, and the rebels capture a city? Does it become a "barbarian city"? Perhaps that could be another way to create a new City State!
Why only CSs? I want new civs to emerge which is a close copy of your civilization. They will get the same techs as you, but they could exchange say 3 SPs. In multiplayer mode a new player could take over this new civ.

Regarding the civ. Playing as the English could trigger the Americans if they are not in the game. Playing as Portugal could trigger Brazil. For civilizations that don't have a real life companion like this, they could just get a real life neighbour. For instance the Koreans or Mongolians could declare independence from China.

In any game, for instance paying as the English, you could theoretical make an American revolution and play a game of civ as if it was a "new world scenario" all by coincidence.

Think of it, all the possibilities! You can come back and applud me when Colonies & Revolutions is released :D

Hmmm - some quick researching seems to suggest that there would have been bison in ancient Mesopotamia and Anatolia, and both the Sumerians and Hittites considered 'bulls' to be culturally significant (they appear in many of their myths and legends), so it is possible that the new data could all relate to some WotAW-related thing. Then again, we have seen that screenshot of CotNW Deluxe, so Firaxis were definitely working on that at some point. It'd be strange for them to completely abandon it.
Where are these screenshots? Could someone please provide me with a link for it...?

Initially DLC was dismissed not because we didn't like the idea of "buying civs" (well, some of us do, not me), but because a lot of us believed DLC replaced the "expansion" model, but we got TWO amazing Eps (G&K and BNW) and quite frankly very few of us expect a third expansion pack (both Civ 3 and 4 got two expansion packs each), and quite frankly I think we all see that Civ 5 is at the end of it's production cycle, and giving new stuff to keep the game fresh is not a bad idea.
Wouldn't say "very few". Actually quite a handful (not me though). As of today, around 23% out of a total of 48 voters believe there will be yet another expansion for Civ5..
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=517183

Top Bottom