Announcing BUFFY

Just in case no one noticed, the link in the first post to the mod is not working :p
Which link - there are two and they both worked for me 1 min ago. I think the HOF site was down for a bit (that hosts the link to the installer).

Just to be clear, though, BUFFY also includes stuff from the HOF mod that prevents it from being installed single-player, correct?

Correct. BUFFY must be installed as a mod (in its own folder in the Mods folder).

hutdweller, I think you might want to try BUG 4.0 for your regular games. I used BUG 3.6 and found it was completely compatible w/r/t save files.

Note that if you install both BUFFY (as a mod, only option) and BUG (to CustomAssets, as single-player), BUFFY may have issues. This will be fixed in the next release, but the solution for now is to use Ruff's CustomAssets switcher to swap between BUG and an empty folder when playing BUFFY.

By some reason it doesn't work on my Firefox.

I use Firefox, and it works just fine for me. :confused:

Of course that's not true! Everyone won.:) Yes, a typo and a sick-o mind wanting to play a trick is the reason for BUFFY. I kinda liked UGLY myself....

:goodjob: I predict in the future, all the mods on CFC will be combined into one mutant beast known as...Tim (jk, it's Civ 5!)

hi all! :)

I hope this is an ok thread to write about bugs -

My cousin had a bug (buggy 3.19) in the victory screen, victory conditions, when pressing "members"...
I reproduced it... :)

The solution was to go to the options (ctrl+alt+o) to the "advisors" tab, and remove
the "members" checkbox...

hope this helps the team, or at least the next person googling it ;)

Attachments

• buggy.JPG
    buggy.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 86
My cousin had a bug (buggy 3.19) in the victory screen, victory conditions, when pressing "members"...
I reproduced it... :)

The solution was to go to the options (ctrl+alt+o) to the "advisors" tab, and remove
the "members" checkbox...

hope this helps the team, or at least the next person googling it ;)
Thx boogaboo - this bug is also mentioned in the 3rd item in the FAQ at the beginning of this thread.

BUFFY is based on BUG which is BTS Unaltered Gameplay. Since BUG doesn't require a DLL, you can install it to the CustomAssets folder (single-player install) which is not a mod. It becomes active for normal (non-mod) games so you can play your previous saves using it.

Thanks for clarifying this. But can someone point me to instructions on how to do this? The install FAQ I found here http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/civ4bug/index.php?title=How_to_Install_the_BUG_Mod doesn't mention this at all.

Thanks!

But can someone point me to instructions on how to do this? [Install BUG to CustomAssets]

1. Download BUG 4.0.
  2. Double-click the installer application.
  3. The default should be Single-Player Install; this is what you want.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Can those having problems, enable error logging in their civilizationIV.ini file as such and post the error logs here so we can see what is happening.

I have no interface when I try to play with the mod. I'm unsure where the error logs is located so I attached a screenshot of the error reports.

Do you have any non-standard English characters in the path where you installed BTS? That line where you get the error is trying to log that path to a text file for debugging purposes, and it shouldn't be failing. The logs are located in your My Games / BTS / Logs folder. Please see the Troubleshooting page.

So how do I add this to any old mod? i.e. the ones indcluded in the game, or some of the CFC ones

Do you have any non-standard English characters in the path where you installed BTS? That line where you get the error is trying to log that path to a text file for debugging purposes, and it shouldn't be failing. The logs are located in your My Games / BTS / Logs folder. Please see the Troubleshooting page.

Thanks for the reply. I found the error logs and attached them. Also there is a non-standard English character in the BTS path. This is obviously a problem?

Yes, I recommend reinstalling BTS to a path without non-ASCII characters in it, like C:\Games\Civ4 or something. I will see about fixing this in the next BUFFY update.

If you aren't going to submit HOF/BOTM games, you can fix it yourself by remove line 334 from Assets/Python/BUG/BugPath.py using a text editor.

I recently (like yesterday) installed BUFFY (and BM Gold) and so far so good. Except for when I go into the civipedia (or stevo-whatever). Anytime I go in there, within a minute (sometimes less) the computer will freeze. I'm running XP in bootcamp (Mac) and have all the latest patches/updates. Any idea of what I might do to fix this? I need the civpedia from time to time. I can't alt-tab-delete out and have to physically turn off the machine.

And I also keep getting (like every turn) a message about % population and Domination. What setting do I turn off to remove that?

-dana

Top Bottom