Project SYNTHESIS

I had an idea for "Unification Missions", similar to that in EU3. For example, the Marathas would be called Marathas unless they manage to unite all India under their reign (kick out Euros and Mughals), but when they did their civilization type would be set as India. Russia would be Kiev. Prussia would be Prussia until it united Germany. Only for a few civs, but I thought it would be a cool idea.
How would these changes be visible? Only changed flag decals? I wouldn't recommend color changes because that's going to be confusing.

Ya pretty much. I was thinking about new UB's, UU's, and UP's as well but then it occurred to me that would be pretty overpowered.

EDIT: Along with being a heckuva lot of work! :lol:

Yeah. But no need to do civ changes for that, flags can also be changed independently from civs.

Is it possible to change flags in sync with dynamic names (such as a Nazi flag for fascist Germany) or is it beyond the code?

So do you think this feature will ever be added to your mod? I find it weird to have the USSR sporting the Tsarist flag.

Yes, soon, as soon as I revise dynamic names as I said earlier (at that point I'll put them together and link them). Mind helping out? Can you go over to the downloads database and find era appropriate flags for whatever civs you can? Thanks.

Damn, still crashes, v 0.25 works fine, but the SVN version crashes after loading a new game, whatever civ or option i select... btw it is big 1.98 gb and i followed the (pretty easy) procedure correctly >.>

I doubt it's the antivirus. Have you tried loading a different mod/ regular BTS? Try that. Sometimes my computer-caused CTD's go away if I do that.

Yes i have!

However i've managed to find something: when i play a 3000BC Civ it doesn't crash, maybe the crash is caused by something regarding the automated AI?

And, i did play with rome/other later civs with SVN rev 30, only now with rev 32 i got this ctd starting with a late civ.

Definitely, at least i can play :D

Nope, i cannot advance in turn, as far as i push the next turn button i CTD also with a 30000BC civ :(

Linkman, there is a slight bug with the Arabs, when the flip takes place it asks me rather than the Byzantines if I want to reject it and declare war. And Damascus appears twice on the list of cities being flipped. I think the bug is most likely by Damascus. Also did you remember to take out Tabriz from the Ottoman spwn and include Damascus instead ( it makes sense since the Ottomans conquered Antioch and Damascus In the same year and Antioch was included).

Danwood- Since it's not happening to me I have no clue

J. Pride- Inherited from DoC and true for a number of civs, although the preconditions vary. Now fixed (well, sort of. At least in-game it appears fixed). And I'll dot that with the Turks.

Ok i'm now going to reinstall the whole game, then i'll format my PC if necessary :p you are a drug dealer

It works! Thanks

Btw, I found a nice version of Chandragupta Maurya in download thread..
And Napoleon too..

Since the current Ashoka didn't really looks like him..
Spoiler :

I suggest to make current Ashoka LH as someone in medieval India that we lack of ?

And has the Indian UHV changed?
I'd like to suggest something like this..

Never attack any enemy units outside the Indian teritorry until x AD?
It's more peaceful than having them found 5 religions, IMO.

Nice how all problems are always inherited from DoC :lol: It's time to inherit my fixes as well ;)

And Ashoka really looked like a lady.

Ok i'm now going to reinstall the whole game, then i'll format my PC if necessary :p you are a drug dealer

:lol:

Good luck

It works! Thanks

Btw, I found a nice version of Chandragupta Maurya in download thread..
And Napoleon too..

Since the current Ashoka didn't really looks like him..
Spoiler :

I suggest to make current Ashoka LH as someone in medieval India that we lack of ?

And has the Indian UHV changed?
I'd like to suggest something like this..

Never attack any enemy units outside the Indian teritorry until x AD?
It's more peaceful than having them found 5 religions, IMO.

Do you have a link to the LH?

That UHV is a tad ridiculous. The Mauryan Empire extended well into Afghanistan.

Nice how all problems are always inherited from DoC :lol: It's time to inherit my fixes as well ;)

And Ashoka really looked like a lady.

Oh I didn't mean that in an offensive manner. And it's not like this mod hasn't had it's own bugs (hundreds of Terracotta Armies being built across the the world, anyone? ;))

By European standards. "Womenish" hair of that variety was kinda common in pre-British India.

Top Bottom