Roman Empire

Roman Empire Map's

• Yes, always can use another great Roman map.

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Oh no...not another Rome map, im going to puke.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, and thanks for creating a map on the Roman Empire. I have always enjoyed reading about one of the longest-lasting empires in Western Civilization, and from briefly reading the comments other posters made about your map, you've tweaked the CIV III map to make it more accurately reflect how their world actually looked.

My question is simple: When using WIN rar to extract your compressed file, where do I extract the map file to in my CIV III folders?

Thanks.:)

Civnutplayer

Welcome to the greatest game ever made! The maps are saved as a civ scenario. You will need a folder to match the map scenario with the same name.

1. Unzip the RAR file to your desktop.
2. Name the civ edit scenario you just placed on the desktop. Roman Empire. Or Rome Mod, something you'll know what map it is.
3. Create a new folder on the desktop, and rename the empty folder the same as your Rome scenario.
4. Copy both to your scenario folder. If you're using conquests it would be conquests/conquests.

If not, tell me what civ you're using and we'll get it to the right place.

I tried to cover the entire tile, but there seems to be inevitable greenish bleed-over into the Desert tiles themselves because they do that (?) when placed beside any terrain that uses Grassland as a base? Same thing when placed beside Plains, although doesn't look to be a problem when beside Hills.
It's the way the different terrain pcx interact.

Super simplified: a tile in game is actually overlapping parts of the involved terrain pcx tiles. This is why there is some bleed-over to the desert. The overlay graphics (forests, hills, etc.) can be slightly larger than standard to eliminate some of the bleed over. Mountains - for example - can extend upward into the magenta border on the pcx. As the graphic extends beyond the standard coverage it begins to overlap with surrounding tiles. How they cover depends on relative position on the map. Complication: the arrangement on a pcx doesn't necessarily relate directly to the relative position on the map.

At some point coverage is going to differ depending on specific combinations of types as well as position. Need to work it out bit by bit to make custom terrain - sweat equity. One reason that beautiful sets - like Ares' work - take so long to do.

example of how mountain tiles overlap each other

:coffee:

Another Great Roman Map , i really like it , i hope some people here will use it :)

Thank you Zubareva

It's the way the different terrain pcx interact.

Super simplified: a tile in game is actually overlapping parts of the involved terrain pcx tiles. This is why there is some bleed-over to the desert. The overlay graphics (forests, hills, etc.) can be slightly larger than standard to eliminate some of the bleed over. Mountains - for example - can extend upward into the magenta border on the pcx. As the graphic extends beyond the standard coverage it begins to overlap with surrounding tiles. How they cover depends on relative position on the map. Complication: the arrangement on a pcx doesn't necessarily relate directly to the relative position on the map.

At some point coverage is going to differ depending on specific combinations of types as well as position. Need to work it out bit by bit to make custom terrain - sweat equity. One reason that beautiful sets - like Ares' work - take so long to do.

example of how mountain tiles overlap each other

:coffee:

Yikes! Well, it won't be me doing it...unless I get some time between now and the next 10-year anniversary! :lol:

Yikes! Well, it won't be me doing it...unless I get some time between now and the next 10-year anniversary! :lol:
Buck up! There are a lot of us that have creative ideas for unusual terrains that depend on a better understanding of how all that works. The combined effort of quite a few people is going into mapping out general solutions. I won't mention names for fear of leaving out someone critical to the work - a lot of the toil happens before much is posted. There are already templates for things like cities & the base terrains. All that takes a long time - but creating terrain sets may get easier a lot sooner than you might expect.

:D Well, there's hope then. Next step: free time! I haven't modded in a long, long while ...but eventually it'll be summer.

I just want to say thank you for making this map over 100!

its always nice when hard work is appreciated by others.

I appreciate it very much!

:)

Top Bottom