How do I avoid Sucky Civ 5 to appear in MP games?

OnkelAqua2

Chieftain
Hi All

I bought Civ5 at steam a few months ago. All maps, Expansions etc. was included.

When I host a game in Multiplayer, 50% of the time, some strange sucky Civ 5 version appears. A version with no religion, where you can built The Great Lighthouse after reasearching sailing, instead of Optics etc.

My guess is, one of the other players only have the sucky version and we alll apparantly have to play that version. Needless to say I'll quit every time when that happenes.

Anyone here who knows how to avoid the sucky Civ 5 version and have the real Civ 5 version appearing 100% of the time? Like an automated kick function, that kicks players with the inferior version or something like that?

Thanks for your future enlightning answers

Yours truly - Onkel A

Yes, you have to do a DLC check by selecting a civ that requires that DLC while everyone is greened up. For example if you want to check for BNW, tell everyone to green up and then select Poland. If anyone ungreens and is unable to green up while you are Poland then they don't have BNW.

It is then customary to insult the offending party and kick them from the lobby for attempting to ruin your game.

After you have done that check you may switch back to whoever you wanted to actually play as.

Top Bottom